watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Question

Started by Peabody, February 13, 2014, 12:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

How many on here actually believes we would get anything out Man U and Liverpool? I know I never.

However, we got a point and very nearly got another one last night.

SouthfieldWhite

If I'm honest , never expected anything at Utd but thought we'd get something at home to Liverpool

SouthfieldWhite

So I was wrong on both counts  075.gif

Brede Butter Pudding

Good point - most agreed these two games would be a write off, with ensuring our goal difference was not massively worsened after the games being seen as potentially the only positive. I have to admit, I didn't think we'd get anything from United but thought we might get a point against Liverpool, but turns out I was wrong on both fronts. We came through both ties one point better off, with our goal difference only affected by -1 and with a lot of positives. Afterall, we were playing a team who had destroyed Arsenal 5-1 the week before, and playing a United team desperate for points. We did well.

Most of us, if not all, agreed our season really starts against West Brom on Saturday. Very little has changed. We are still not adrift (8 points between bottom and 10th) so two wins will boost us up the table. We will have all of our new players featuring (hopefully) and can go into the West Brom game with a lot of spirit and confidence.

nose

hionestly I thought all things possible, at different times I thought we would get 6 points, then 4, then 3 then 2 then 1 then 0. head said 0 heart 6.

The  way the games panned out I wasn't that far off  being both optimistic and pessimistic because we could confortably got all 6 points, and could lost at old trafford too.

Sorry if its a bit confusing but after the event i think we were exceptionaly unlucky not to have got at least 2 points and quite unlucky not to get 4.

I hope you get the drift.

alexbishop

The glass half empty view is that we only got 1 out of six possible points. I am proud of both performances honestly. But god we need points right now. Desperately need points. Running out of games. If we are to survive I think we need to win at least one surprise game against a big team. Think we need three points v Chelsea.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Julius Geezer

Quote from: alexbishop on February 13, 2014, 01:37:18 PM
The glass half empty view is that we only got 1 out of six possible points. I am proud of both performances honestly. But god we need points right now. Desperately need points. Running out of games. If we are to survive I think we need to win at least one surprise game against a big team. Think we need three points v Chelsea.

No one who has half a clue about the Premier League was expecting us to get anything out of those 2 games.

The points we're expected to gain are still to come and we've given ourselves a good platform to go in to those games from.

Burt

For those of you who know me I am about as glass half full as you can get, but I was not expecting any points from the last two fixtures and indeed don't expect any against Chelsea.

What I wanted (and what we got) was a sign that if we are going to go down, then at least it will be going down with a fight. We have seen this now... To the extent where I think that we stand a damn good chance of staying up if we maintain this sort of momentum. And with a fit Trog to come in too...

I am feeling quite positive about things.

We have a mountain to climb, but it's not an unconquerable peak.

I hope you like my metaphor.

Aaron

With the state of United at the minute I was expecting we could nick a point there and we did.  I remember sitting in the Hammy for Liverpool at the Cottage last year when Sturridge got his hat trick and was expecting at least as bad a result this season yet we nearly nicked a point.

So I suppose I should be content with our lot.. But I'm not really.  We have demonstrated we have the quality to stay up.  There was a lot of confidence in the lads last night too between Sidwell's half way line shot, Holtby's crazy skills and Riise (admittedly with a number of cock-ups) was playing with an almost arrogant air about him.. Some change from the lads who went out to lose against Sheffield United.

I do think we need a scalp though, if we're going to stay up.  We need to get 3pts no one else is going to get and I fear these games may have been our best shout at that..

ltd-ffc

i didnt but i believed if we got nothing it would of crushed us
i was personally looking for convincing performance so the point was a bonus
"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015