more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gutted...

Started by Burt, February 13, 2014, 01:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

...but in a different way.

It is one thing to be gutted when you play average (or below) sides who end up stuffing you. As has been the case too often recently.

But it is another thing entirely to be gutted because you get defeated by a last-gasp penalty from a side with title credentials and probably the most lethal strike force in the country.

Well done to the lads last night, and indeed last Sunday at Old Trafford. Whilst we have only picked up a point, in all honesty I was expecting none. The key for me was that both performances showed that we have fight, heart and spirit. And if we take these attributes in to our remaining games then there is hope yet.

Keep the faith... Still believe...

COYW

nose

Quote from: Burt on February 13, 2014, 01:30:58 PM
...but in a different way.

It is one thing to be gutted when you play average (or below) sides who end up stuffing you. As has been the case too often recently.

But it is another thing entirely to be gutted because you get defeated by a last-gasp penalty from a side with title credentials and probably the most lethal strike force in the country.

Well done to the lads last night, and indeed last Sunday at Old Trafford. Whilst we have only picked up a point, in all honesty I was expecting none. The key for me was that both performances showed that we have fight, heart and spirit. And if we take these attributes in to our remaining games then there is hope yet.

Keep the faith... Still believe...

COYW

agree totally but i think you may have  missed one attribute.... ability,we showed we have that too.
I can't recall feeling so disapointed (and believe me I often feel that) with the result... a draw was the least we deserved

and sidders effort from behind the half way line wasn't even mentioned on MOTD after the game was a disgrace to the so called pundits.

Julius Geezer

Yep gutted beyond belief - I felt sick last night!

Like you say, to take a side that good to the wire and then to lose is a real shame but there are no negatives in these last 2 games - only positives.

Just hope it gives us confidence and momentum rather than a damaging effect.