more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

***PLEASE READ*** FoF ettiquette

Started by Burt, February 13, 2014, 02:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Dear all,

There has been a discernable increase in the numbers of posts that are political in nature, contain swear words, or are personally abusive to other people. And an increase in the number of complaints from members as a result.

As the Mods have no intention of transforming FoF in to someting more akin to the dark days of the Offal, and as we are also quite keen to avoid libel claims, you are kindly reminded of the guidelines for posting that you agreed to adhere to as part of the conditions of joining FoF.

For your ease of reference, here they are:
http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=24809.0

The bottom line is that we want FoF to be a community where we can express our views and air any differences of opinion in a thoughtful, constructive and respectful way.

People who choose to ignore our guiding principles for the first time will be temporarily banned, warned and given another chance. Repeat offenders will be permanently banned.

I hope this makes sense. Please send me, or any of the other Mods, a PM if you have any questions.

Thanks

Burt

rusty shackleford

Are we allowed to smoke while reading the forum?

Blanco

I think this sort of thing is normal when we're in the situation we're in. I'm sure everyone will get on again in June.

RidgeRider

RidgeRider

Quote from: Blanco on February 13, 2014, 02:12:46 PM
I think this sort of thing is normal when we're in the situation we're in. I'm sure everyone will get on again in June.

It is normal. We just need to remind everyone we are all Fulham supporters and not to take our frustrations out on each other.......which is becoming the norm around here for some.

Barrie

I don't see why people can't see fit to attack others views if they feel strongly about them, without attacking the person.  Seems like basic good manners to me. 

jms

Quote from: Burt on February 13, 2014, 02:03:26 PM
Dear all,

There has been a discernable increase in the numbers of posts that are political in nature, contain swear words, or are personally abusive to other people. And an increase in the number of complaints from members as a result.

As the Mods have no intention of transforming FoF in to someting more akin to the dark days of the Offal, and as we are also quite keen to avoid libel claims, you are kindly reminded of the guidelines for posting that you agreed to adhere to as part of the conditions of joining FoF.

For your ease of reference, here they are:
http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=24809.0

The bottom line is that we want FoF to be a community where we can express our views and air any differences of opinion in a thoughtful, constructive and respectful way.

People who choose to ignore our guiding principles for the first time will be temporarily banned, warned and given another chance. Repeat offenders will be permanently banned.

I hope this makes sense. Please send me, or any of the other Mods, a PM if you have any questions.

Thanks

Burt

Well said Burt and Mods.....but always remember you are miles ahead of any other 'open' football messageboards' in this country. You are doing the right thing, and as a woman, I personally respect that and thank you for it.
PS ....I noticed in a message re; our 'Fulham in Brighton and Sussex group' that you live in good ol Thames Ditton. Born and brought up there myself, and have always loved that area. Never heard it called a 'Republic' before.....my Dad ( long deceased Fulham fanatic) would have loved that !!!!

ltd-ffc

can we be notified if we go wrong through a direct message please?
if it is not blatant cursing i have my posts edited before and could not work out why
"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

Burt

Quote from: ltd-ffc on February 13, 2014, 02:40:40 PM
if it is not blatant cursing i have my posts edited before and could not work out why

Yes we do this too.

You will often see us intervene publically on a thread, but we also provide guidance behind-the-scenes via PMs.

ltd-ffc

Quote from: Burt on February 13, 2014, 02:42:43 PM
Quote from: ltd-ffc on February 13, 2014, 02:40:40 PM

Yes we do this too.

You will often see us intervene publically on a thread, but we also provide guidance behind-the-scenes via PMs.
good work
"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

YankeeJim

Does this mean I have to put pants on?

BTW: Rah! Rah! for the mods.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Burt

Quote from: YankeeJim on February 13, 2014, 04:19:05 PM
Does this mean I have to put pants on?

I didn't realise we were *that* sort of website  :dft011:

Lighthouse

I think Richardson should be told off by the Mods for taking his shirt off and once again flashing his religious quote. This he can do after the match but during it after he scored was simply asking for trouble.

Makes me want to blaspheme and support a left week political party.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

alfie

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 13, 2014, 05:02:20 PM
I think Richardson should be told off by the Mods for taking his shirt off and once again flashing his religious quote. This he can do after the match but during it after he scored was simply asking for trouble.

on a serious bit about him taking his shirt off, he got a booking and any dodgy tackle after that he would have been off, I just don't understand why they do it Gerrard done the same after the pen.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

jms

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 13, 2014, 05:02:20 PM

I so agree. Evangelical christians are not what are required on a football pitch. They should all be wearing 'plain' vests.....and what's with this taking the shirt off anyway ?!!!!
Oh and I am a leftie, but that's my business, so perhaps shouldn't say it here. Sorry. :021:

win-dup

Fair enough but I was recently threatened, to my utter astonishment, with a three day ban from FOF for apparently posting something hideously offensive. Despite two requests as to the nature of the posting I received no reply so genuinely don't know what I was supposed to have said.  If you're going to ban people you must spell out what the offence is. 

RidgeRider

Quote from: win-dup on February 13, 2014, 06:25:54 PM
Fair enough but I was recently threatened, to my utter astonishment, with a three day ban from FOF for apparently posting something hideously offensive. Despite two requests as to the nature of the posting I received no reply so genuinely don't know what I was supposed to have said.  If you're going to ban people you must spell out what the offence is. 

We do unless its so egregious it needs no explanation, and we have NO obligation to tell you why you were banned, but thanks for your input. We will continue to Moderate as we see fit for the continued peace on this board.

TonyGilroy

Perhaps the focus should be on those very few posters who attract the abuse.

I think that there are now a few new entrants here whose purpose is to provoke.

Peabody

Snibbo

Could be relevant:

"A group of Canadian researchers has given the imprimatur of social-science recognition to a fact that many of us who spend time in internet comment forums have suspected: there's a strong correlation between online trolling and sadism."

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/02/12/study_shoes_that_online_comment_trolls_are_sadists/

There are only one or two on here (but one recent arrival in particular) who seem to fit the bill.