watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Visitor with walking difficulties - advice needed

Started by Kentish Gent, February 14, 2014, 01:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kentish Gent

I have a friend who has a little difficulty in walking (but who is not registered disabled) who is bringing his two kids to the Cottage for the Newcastle game. I know that it's almost impossible to park near the ground on match days, and that the walk from the tube station through Bishops Park is also a bit of a hike. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how they might minimise the journey? Your help would be very much appreciated.

epsomraver

Get there early before 2  and try and find a spot on the right of Fulham palace road  around Kingswood road as a landmark, ( going towards Hammersmith) this is the nearest you can park without a blue badge, sit in your car till 2.30 and pay £6.60 to park.

Berserker

Does he have a blue badge?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

LBNo11

...why not park on the Putney side of the river and pre-book a cab to pick you up from say The Half Moon Pub to take you to the end of Finlay Street.

You could set up a similar appointment post match to get you back to the Half Moon (although it will take quite a bot longer time-wise, it will spare the wear and tear on the 'pins'...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

epsomraver

Quote from: Berserker on February 14, 2014, 02:10:01 PM
Does he have a blue badge?

says he is not registered disabled so nearest is as I said.

fulhamtom

Call the club customer services.  They have a car park for disabled customers with a mini bus transfer. I used it when I had a knee operation.