watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reactions regarding Khans role and intentions....merged

Started by Pluto, February 14, 2014, 07:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pluto

The man is a joke. He knows nothing about football. Rene wasn't even given a chance to build a team. We are an absolute laughing stock. We will take a long time to recover from this. Khan needs to go before he does any more damage.

Fulham76

The damage this clown, Khan has caused in such a short period is unreal. His initial mistake by not taking action against Jol when he should have has cost us. The bloke's an idiot when it comes to football, which will cost us our premier league status.

TonyGilroy

I think the opposite is true.

This is a very high profile manager who won't be cheap.

Doesn't make it a good decision of course but we don't yet know that it's not a masterstroke.

sims48

The Blackburn Rovers of London

Herbie

Feels a bit like going back to square one, just after we were starting to build some momentum and the foundations needed to put up a fight.

Perhaps the saving grace is that out next game is not until next weekend, but still, West Brom fans will be rubbing their hands at this news.

win-dup

Fulham Park Rangers here we come. Knew Khan was dodgy when his first action on taking over was to cancel the redevelopment of the Riverside.

CorkCity

We should have a whip round and buy the club.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Swiss72

This is a fight for survival. So harsh measures required. Exactly what happens in any business struggling. Football is no different here. No feelings when you invest significant amounts.
So whether we like it or not Khan does what he sees as necessary to keep his business afloat.
We all need to wake up and realise. Rene was nice but not equipped for this type of battle. And the crude reality of the table did nit help him.

Danitar

I don't think this khan completely, Ali Mac has made this recommendation and I think this has been made to keep Ali mac's job not so much fulhams survival. Don't get me wrong he was the bayern manager and he was the manager of Wolfsburg. We have to back him for these last 12 games. COYW

Twig

I posted my fears for the future of the club soon after Khan was announced as the new owner.  They are still fears rather than facts but I am seriously worried that our grand old club may be turned upside down.  Like many I question Khan's motives.

Banstead White

please please look at the facts,,,, historically rene has failed and he failed again here.

The results, appointment of other failures and the, at times, weird team selections is demonstrative of where he was. His jokes with members of his staff when players were clueless on the pitch and being outplayed by a team much lower in the league.

Reading Rene's statement today suggests he was resigned to us going down and rebuild from there...not good enough really.
Frankly this is a time to get behind a proven manager as the Chairman has done.....if Khan had done nothing we WOULD have been in the championship next season.....now at least we have a chance.
Roysie

Swiss72

Quote from: Banstead White on February 14, 2014, 07:51:58 PM
please please look at the facts,,,, historically rene has failed and he failed again here.

The results appointment of other failures and the at times weird team selections is demonstrative of where he was. His jokes with members of his staff when players were clueless on the pitch and being outplayed by a team much lower in the league.

Reading Rene's statement today suggests he was resigned to us going down and rebuild from there...not good enough really.
Frankly this is a time to get behind a proven manager as the Chairman has done.....if Khan had done nothing we WOULD have been in the championship next season.....now at least we have a chance.

:plus one:

Berserker

Yes I thought the joking was a bit weird
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

TonyGilroy

This is a high profile, big beast manager who won't be coming cheap.

A ruthless decision and tough on Rene but in no way a joke appointment.

Herbie

It's the timing though.

The new guy has to work without the benefit of a transfer window.  What's he going to do with the style of play? Has he got time to implement new things on the training pitch, or is he going to carry on with the structure that Rene was building? If so, why ditch Rene now?

Pluto

This isn't the Fulham we know and love though. I want our Fulham back.

Twig

Quote from: Banstead White on February 14, 2014, 07:51:58 PM

The results, appointment of other failures and the, at times, weird team selections is demonstrative of where he was. His jokes with members of his staff when players were clueless on the pitch and being outplayed by a team much lower in the league.

Well I think that as a result of this decision we WILL be in the 2nd divn next season.  Neither of us knows it's just opinion.

Blanco

People won't be criticizing  051 if we stay up. At the end of the day was Rene really gonna keep us up?

RaySmith

If we stay up, everyone will applaud the decision.

Berserker

I personally had resigned my self to going down after we lost to Southampton, but until we are mathematically relegated there is still hope whatever manager the club decides we should have each week
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.