watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mackintosh is the problem

Started by Big Martin Jol, February 14, 2014, 08:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Martin Jol

I don't want to come across as too reactionary here, but for me Alistair Mackintosh has been the root cause of our recent problems.

We keep hearing he's an excellent CEO - and he is credited with overseeing a huge upturn in the "fortunes, fanbase and global reach" Manchester City. But at that time the club's owners were injecting an absurd amount of money into the team, and for me it looks increasingly likely that he was simply in the right place at the right time.

In the last few years at Fulham he has presided over the development of decrepit squad, window after window of chronic under-investment and the ill fated selection of one manager after another. He's been the man ultimately signing off on all the decisions, and we've been falling further down the table every season.

I've got nothing against Felix Magath, but I'm startled to see us get rid of Rene Muelensteen. He's a world class coach who came to the club three months and a day ago and has only in the last few weeks had the chance to mould the club to his liking in a transfer window. Since then, we've seriously threatened to defeat both Manchester United and Liverpool.

The whole thing smacks of a club whose leadership has no firm direction and is blinded by panic. I don't want us to go down and ultimately I hope that this appointment helps us out of the immense hole we are in - but if we do end up in the Championship, then I hope it's sufficient catalyst for his removal.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

jmh

Quote from: Big Martin Jol on February 14, 2014, 08:33:54 PM
In the last few years at Fulham he has presided over the development of decrepit squad, window after window of chronic under-investment and the ill fated selection of one manager after another. He's been the man ultimately signing off on all the decisions, and we've been falling further down the table every season.
It's not Mackintosh's money.  He's not the one who makes the decision to under-invest.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Big Martin Jol ..................you would say that wouldn't you  064.gif

mccscratch

Because of Mackintosh you have players like Holtby, Mitroglou and Kvist... he sold them on Fulham and made the deals happen... Give this trio a chance to gel with the others and I think you will see a strong football team ready for the fight come March
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Big Martin Jol

Quote from: KCat on February 14, 2014, 08:36:53 PM
Big Martin Jol ..................you would say that wouldn't you  064.gif

The name was a spur of the moment thing rather than an endorsement!
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

Danitar

Have to agree with this. I have said Ali Mac is the problem. He was the one that said jol was the man for us, that didn't work. Ali Mac should've got the defour deal sorted quicker. I think this new appointment is to cover his backside and not the clubs. Don't care about he brought in such and such this window, money talks and thanks to mr khan he spent the cash. If curbs found the players then what exactly did Ali do. Absolutely nothing bye bye Ali

jmh

Quote from: Danitar on February 14, 2014, 08:47:45 PM
Have to agree with this. I have said Ali Mac is the problem. He was the one that said jol was the man for us, that didn't work. Ali Mac should've got the defour deal sorted quicker.
Porto didn't want to sell Defour.  They sold somebody else so they could keep him.  Mackintosh can't force another club to sell.  And then we wound up with Holtby. 

jeremyfulham

MacIntosh bought Hodgson in . Maybe stuff has gone on behind the scenes we are not aware of ?
We have to trust in the powers that be although I must say I am gutted thought we were getting somewhere with last two games. COYW

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: Big Martin Jol on February 14, 2014, 08:45:57 PM
Quote from: KCat on February 14, 2014, 08:36:53 PM
Big Martin Jol ..................you would say that wouldn't you  064.gif

The name was a spur of the moment thing rather than an endorsement!
Sorry :Haynes The Maestro: Just saw the funny side in an other wise crap pile that has been dumped on us.
I really took  to  Rene from day one so I am devo'd.
We cannot know who is driving in these decisions and Mac,  as the last man standing,  is an ideal target

YoungsBitter

I would love to know who actually made the following decisions, Ali Mac, Khan ( and /or his advisors), RM:
1. Hire RM as coach
2. Fire Jol
3. Appoint RM as head coach - i.e. not say just keep coaching we are bringing in new Manager
4. Hire Wilkins and Curbs
5. Hire Magath
6. Fire RM
7. Fire Wilkins and /or Curbs - I can see Wilkins gone and Curbs staying
Quark, strangeness and charm

Danitar

Quote from: jmh on February 14, 2014, 08:52:53 PM
Have to agree with this. I have said Ali Mac is the problem. He was the one that said jol was the man for us, that didn't work. Ali Mac should've got the defour deal sorted quicker.
Porto didn't want to sell Defour.  They sold somebody else so they could keep him.  Mackintosh can't force another club to sell.  And then we wound up with Holtby. 
Porto were obviously looking to sell otherwise they wouldn't have entertained a bid, Ali should've been quicker with Porto. No he can't force clubs to sell but khans money did. Spurs had to let holtby go out on loan as holtby asked to be loaned out to get in the World Cup team, so that was half done before we even went down that route

jmh

Quote from: Danitar on February 14, 2014, 09:16:37 PM
Quote from: jmh on February 14, 2014, 08:52:53 PM
Porto didn't want to sell Defour.  They sold somebody else so they could keep him.  Mackintosh can't force another club to sell.  And then we wound up with Holtby. 
Porto were obviously looking to sell otherwise they wouldn't have entertained a bid, Ali should've been quicker with Porto. No he can't force clubs to sell but khans money did. Spurs had to let holtby go out on loan as holtby asked to be loaned out to get in the World Cup team, so that was half done before we even went down that route
No, Porto were looking to loan him out because he wanted to get playing time to get in the World Cup team same as Holtby.  We were the ones who wanted to buy him rather than take him on loan.