watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

relegation guaranteed

Started by nose, February 14, 2014, 08:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

I agree with Nose - Fulham are as good as down with this ludicrous panic sacking of whom I truly believed was going to become a great coach in Muelensteen.  The appointments of Curbishley and Wilkins was his only error IMO, and as I stated, not taking the FA Cup seriously led to this. 

So will Magath restore the players RM had dropped??  Parker for Sidwell??? God knows......
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

YankeeJim

I'm all mixed about this. One the one hand, the etam has looked better and the youth have been given a chance to shine. On the other, the team looked good when Rene first took over but since, we have dropped to the bottom. That and some of his odd substitutions may have been what caused the shift. We could fall back again as we have already done under Rene. I liked him and I worry that upsetting the apple cart will leave the players unmotivated and confused.

All this begs the question, who the devil is really calling the shots?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Berserker

I told Mr B about this and he said at least we could end up with an organized team. I am sorry that Rene was sacked/walked but I have a good feeling about this change. My crystal ball has spoken
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Berserker on February 14, 2014, 09:30:15 PM
I told Mr B about this and he said at least we could end up with an organized team. I am sorry that Rene was sacked/walked but I have a good feeling about this change. My crystal ball has spoken

From your crystal ball to the ear of God!
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Blanco

I think people(including myself) overrated Rene because of his personality and great speeches. Lets look at the stats...

Since Rene took over we have played 15 Premier League games and won 4 of them and draw 2. Thats a 60% loss rate & 14 points out of a possible 45. With losses against teams like Hull & Sunderland. Not just losses though, thrashings. We lost 4-1 against Everton. 2-4 against Man City. 6-0 against Hull. 1-4 against Sunderland and 0-3 against Southampton. The only time we didn't concede under Rene were against Aston Villa & Norwich. We have conceded at least 2 goals in 67% of the games under Rene.

Let's not forget the two tragic performances against Sheffield in the cup.

It was starting to look better but I'm not convinced he could have kept us up. I'm just hoping this new bloke can.

Julius Geezer

Quote from: Swiss72 on February 14, 2014, 08:51:01 PM
And how did exactly Rene start to turn it around?? We are rock bottom with other teams around us getting points. Yes we had a bit more substance and urgency, but not a real upward trend. So from a pure performance point of view we did not improve.
From a performance point of view, we DID improve!

That wasn't the problem - it was picking up points.

What will this guy give us that will make all the difference though?