watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

relegation guaranteed

Started by nose, February 14, 2014, 08:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

that is what this change means get all your moneyt bet on us to go down... that is now inevitable

mak should go he is obviously the problem!

rene would have been the mustard

Blanco

Or things could completely turn around and we could stay up. This guy has done it before. I'm not sure why everyone is so negative about Magath coming in. It does suck. It did look like Rene was turning it around but did many of us really think he would save us from relegation. He's a nice guy and that but nice guys lose. This new guy won't stand for anything but 100% from the players. If we stay up everyone will be loving Khan saying what a great decision it was.

nose

Quote from: Blanco on February 14, 2014, 08:39:40 PM
Or things could completely turn around and we could stay up. This guy has done it before. I'm not sure why everyone is so negative about Magath coming in. It does suck. It did look like Rene was turning it around but did many of us really think he would save us from relegation. He's a nice guy and that but nice guys lose. This new guy won't stand for anything but 100% from the players. If we stay up everyone will be loving Khan saying what a great decision it was.

you read my post.. teams that make two changes in a season go down! we did it before

Admin

Quote from: nose on February 14, 2014, 08:42:17 PM

you read my post.. teams that make two changes in a season go down! we did it before

We haven't really made 2 changes, Rene' was already here, he was Jol's guy and was just 'upgraded' when he left. He was never really given the title as manager.

Bedford White

I'm with nose on this, I'll be absolutely amazed if we stay up. Rene was starting us on the road to recovery and brought something to the club that we've lacked. His sacking smacks of panic and an agenda which to my mind isn't necessarily one which considers the best interests of the club or its fans.

callumc513

It's clearly not guaranteed, do you understand simple mathematics?

Swiss72

And how did exactly Rene start to turn it around?? We are rock bottom with other teams around us getting points. Yes we had a bit more substance and urgency, but not a real upward trend. So from a pure performance point of view we did not improve.
Palace was clever to appoint Pulis when they did. Early enough with time to make his marks. And things have really improved for them whether we like him or not.

nose

Quote from: callumc513 on February 14, 2014, 08:46:52 PM

i am a top mathemetician I have a masters degree, but this isn't about maths... clearly we still have a chance, plewnty of games
BUT
this is about rank poor management.... this is actually now as bad as it gets other than keeping jol

nose

Quote from: Swiss72 on February 14, 2014, 08:51:01 PM
And how did exactly Rene start to turn it around?? We are rock bottom with other teams around us getting points. Yes we had a bit more substance and urgency, but not a real upward trend. So from a pure performance point of view we did not improve.
Palace was clever to appoint Pulis when they did. Early enough with time to make his marks. And things have really improved for them whether we like him or not.

the last two games with the  new players showed a marked improvement, with the greek still to come we were genuinely unfortunate to only get one point in the last two games.... it was obvious we had to keep our nerve

Admin

Quote from: nose on February 14, 2014, 08:54:34 PM

i am a top mathemetician I have a masters degree, but this isn't about maths... clearly we still have a chance, plewnty of games
BUT
this is about rank poor management.... this is actually now as bad as it gets other than keeping jol

How? We've not won a game since January, shipped a shed load more goals, got a few more heroic defeats, and have been battered. The 3-0 home loss to Southampton was unacceptable, as was the defeat to Sheffield United. Yes Rene' did have an impact, yes he was a nice guy, good coach, but he wasn't a manager. As I see it, this guy could get us 2 more vital wins that keeps our asses in the Premiership. I'm sorry, but we were to easily beaten under Rene' and that didn't look like changing.  

Swiss72

Yeah let s capitulate and run for the hills now. The negativity of this board will never stop to surprise me.
Let s see how things pan out against WBA and Chelsea before slagging the new manager and point the finger. We will have the leisure to do a deeper introspection at the end of may.

nose

Quote from: Admin on February 14, 2014, 08:59:32 PM

BUT

How? We've not won a game since January, shipped a shed load more goals, got a few more heroic defeats, and have been battered. The 3-0 home loss to Southampton was unacceptable, as was the defeat to Sheffield United. Yes Rene' did have an impact, yes he was a nice guy, good coach, but he wasn't a manager. As I see it, this guy could get us 2 more vital wins that keeps our asses in the Premiership. I'm sorry, but we were to easily beaten under Rene' and that didn't look like changing.   

this is a judgement call, i can't argue there was some unacceptable performances BUT the new players seem to have changed the performances, we were unlucky in the last two to only get one point. I can't agree with you but do understand your comment.

callumc513

BUT

Exactly, so relegation isn't guaranteed.

Bedford White

Quote from: Swiss72 on February 14, 2014, 08:51:01 PM

Some results went against us for sure, but Rene was building his team and the much used term, green shoots of recovery, were visible. Did we, Khan or anyone else expect to win vs Man Utd or Liverpool we did well to get a point and had it not been for Reithers moment of stupidity, we'd have gained two points. Certainly a feat we were incapable of under Jol. You choose to believe what you want but I felt that Rene was the best thing to happen to this club this season, and I feel that he will be sorely missed.

nose

Quote from: Swiss72 on February 14, 2014, 08:59:57 PM
Yeah let s capitulate and run for the hills now. The negativity of this board will never stop to surprise me.
Let s see how things pan out against WBA and Chelsea before slagging the new manager and point the finger. We will have the leisure to do a deeper introspection at the end of may.

not really slagging him off per se, but 12 matches and no knowledge of the team or the opposition means he may be brilliant as a manager but what chance does he have, it is much too late for this type of change.  i am sure he is a very fine manager but the chances of him turning it round are minimal is my point, timing is the issue.

Fulhampete

Quote from: Admin on February 14, 2014, 08:46:37 PM
Quote from: nose on February 14, 2014, 08:42:17 PM

We haven't really made 2 changes, Rene' was already here, he was Jol's guy and was just 'upgraded' when he left. He was never really given the title as manager.

I never heard Rene referred to as a caretaker manager so he must have been, whatever the title, the man who managed things. We now have our third person managing and that's without Pardew and Wilkins input. What an utter mess. Anyone taking over now is laughing, so many people to blame. Forget the Maths, if this manager is capable of saving us how come he has been overlooked by a host of clubs for such a long time?

nose

Quote from: callumc513 on February 14, 2014, 09:02:30 PM

BUT

Exactly, so relegation isn't guaranteed.

with all due respect, do behave.
This is a message board for opinion and use of idiom makes the discussion more interesting  

Putney

Quote from: Bedford White on February 14, 2014, 09:02:39 PM

Some results went against us for sure, but Rene was building his team and the much used term, green shoots of recovery, were visible. Did we, Khan or anyone else expect to win vs Man Utd or Liverpool we did well to get a point and had it not been for Reithers moment of stupidity, we'd have gained two points. Certainly a feat we were incapable of under Jol. You choose to believe what you want but I felt that Rene was the best thing to happen to this club this season, and I feel that he will be sorely missed.

It sounds like management had been lining this up for a while so the result against Man Utd and Liverpool maybe weren't his last straws as such. Riether's mistake was horrible but you could also say that had it not been for Toure's moment of madness or Flanaghan and Skrtel running into each other then things would have been very different. I think we were showing some signs of progress in the last two games but what admin says is right, things under Meulensteen just haven't gone right. On principle I completely disagree with sacking him and appointing a third manager in a season, but on evidence it's the right thing to do.

nose

Quote from: Putney on February 14, 2014, 09:08:10 PM
Quote from: Bedford White on February 14, 2014, 09:02:39 PM

It sounds like management had been lining this up for a while so the result against Man Utd and Liverpool maybe weren't his last straws as such. Riether's mistake was horrible but you could also say that had it not been for Toure's moment of madness or Flanaghan and Skrtel running into each other then things would have been very different. I think we were showing some signs of progress in the last two games but what admin says is right, things under Meulensteen just haven't gone right. On principle I completely disagree with sacking him and appointing a third manager in a season, but on evidence it's the right thing to do.

i understand, but do not agree. we had to keep our nerve. three managers is almost always a disaster. from a simple management point of view this is a mega error.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: nose on February 14, 2014, 08:35:19 PM
that is what this change means get all your moneyt bet on us to go down... that is now inevitable

mak should go he is obviously the problem!

rene would have been the mustard

Come now,  Nose .........there are still  a possible 39 points  and we only need 20
And we have the 1st German Manager in the Premiership and he is a hard nut  

PPS Rene has gone  :dft004: :dft004: :dft004: :dft004: :dft004: