watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If you view it from the USA not London

Started by In the Enclosure, February 14, 2014, 08:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In the Enclosure

Someone on the SW6 website has suggested(correctly I think) that Khan may not have understood the dropping of Dempsey USA International , Hangeland Club Captain and Parker - probably our biggest earner.

Add to that the fact that Rene played our most expensive signing Mitroglou in the reserves - Khan may well have thought WTF@@@ ??!! Why aren't they using the expensive resources that I have provided ?

Seasoned Fulham observers in London myself included have seen that Rene was on the right track in the last 2 games - Perhaps some of those players dropped have been moaning to Mckintosh ?

mccscratch

Quote from: In the Enclosure on February 14, 2014, 08:57:37 PM
Someone on the SW6 website has suggested(correctly I think) that Khan may not have understood the dropping of Dempsey USA International , Hangeland Club Captain and Parker - probably our biggest earner.

Add to that the fact that Rene played our most expensive signing Mitroglou in the reserves - Khan may well have thought WTF@@@ ??!! Why aren't they using the expensive resources that I have provided ?

Seasoned Fulham observers in London myself included have seen that Rene was on the right track in the last 2 games - Perhaps some of those players dropped have been moaning to Mckintosh ?

utter BS.... Khan is so much smarter than you people think he is... He hires managers to manager... he lets them manage...

Rene was not winning... I do not understand how you people do not grasp this fact...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

PokerMatt

Quote from: mccscratch on February 14, 2014, 08:59:31 PM

utter BS.... Khan is so much smarter than you people think he is... He hires managers to manager... he lets them manage...

Rene was not winning... I do not understand how you people do not grasp this fact...

Then why not get rid of him before united and Liverpool? We weren't winning those so give magath more time.

Doesn't seem smart to me.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

mccscratch

Quote from: PokerMatt on February 14, 2014, 09:04:26 PM

Then why not get rid of him before united and Liverpool? We weren't winning those so give magath more time.

Doesn't seem smart to me.

maybe it was not all worked out yet... contract negotiations take time... we do not even know if Magath was first choice... could have had someone else on the hook but they backed away after Southampton...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Swiss72

FFC supporters are romantic. Rene was nice, so we all feel for him. But we need to face the hars reality. And it was not turning around quickly enough. The form of his dismissal is poor, but the rationale for it is difficult to question.

Fulham76

If that's the case why did he take so long to sack Jol? To me, it looks like Khan knows absolutely nothing about football! He kept Jol too long, he didn't give Rene enough time, he's allowed too many people to offer their advice. What's the thinking behind curbishley & Wilkins. I've got no confidence in him at all.

fulhamben

if khan sacked a manager because he didn't understand why 2 over the hill players were dropped and that brede was out of form after a long injury then god help us.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

jmh

Quote from: fulhamben on February 14, 2014, 09:12:30 PM

if khan sacked a manager because he didn't understand why 2 over the hill players were dropped and that brede was out of form after a long injury then god help us.
Some message board poster speculating that that's why Rene was sacked doesn't actually mean that's why Rene was sacked.

Sgt Fulham

I dont care what it looks like from the US (no offense to our US fans). Khan bought a football club in England and so he should look at it from more than just the comfort of his living room in America. What is going on with our club?

fulhamben

Quote from: jmh on February 14, 2014, 09:14:39 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on February 14, 2014, 09:12:30 PM

Some message board poster speculating that that's why Rene was sacked doesn't actually mean that's why Rene was sacked.
I did put IF ;-)
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

RaySmith

Ali Mac recommended Magath.

The decision, right or wrong, has nothing to do with dropping any players, and everything to do with Khan worrying about his investment, and the millions relegation will cost the club.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 14, 2014, 09:15:23 PM
I dont care what it looks like from the US (no offense to our US fans). Khan bought a football club in England and so he should look at it from more than just the comfort of his living room in America. What is going on with our club?

Mr. Khan is writing checks and entrusting Ali Mac to do the "view from England" thing. If anyone wants to know what's going on with our club, they need only look at Ali Mac for the answers.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Julius Geezer

Purely speculation, but would not be surprised if some of this had substance.

Owners from America with little knowledge of the game and what it involves at player level have been known to think like this!

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Julius Geezer on February 14, 2014, 09:58:39 PM

Owners from America with little knowledge of the game and what it involves at player level have been known to think like this!

Think like what? And who exactly has been entrusted to tell everyone how they think? I'd dare say that those who purport to know how they think actually know next to nothing about the subject.

This anti-American thing is kind of boring. It's excuse making and nothing more.

In the Enclosure

My post was not intended to be anti American at all - just saying that if you are trying to solve problems from a distance it can be difficult. Kahn has tried to be patient but has been badly advised in the UK.

Also if it was my money that had bought these players in on supposed expert advice I would be pretty peed off to find that they were not in  the team.

Having said that Parker and Dempsey were never ones for the future and the money should
have been spent on younger players earlier in the season

Julius Geezer

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on February 14, 2014, 10:05:28 PM

Think like what? And who exactly has been entrusted to tell everyone how they think? I'd dare say that those who purport to know how they think actually know next to nothing about the subject.

This anti-American thing is kind of boring. It's excuse making and nothing more.

To panic/to make rash decisions/to be ill advised.

There's a history of it with American owners in the Premier League so don't give me the 'anti-american' fraff, it's fact.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Julius Geezer on February 14, 2014, 10:37:49 PM

There's a history of it with American owners in the Premier League so don't give me the 'anti-american' fraff, it's fact.

There's a history of it with English owners, with Russian owners, with Qatari owners, etc. You singled out Americans. So, I'm fine with giving you the anti-American "fraff".

Forever Fulham

The press reports make this guy out to be a sadist.  "Make him run The Hill, sargeant major, with his gear.  Until sundown."  He might get them in better shape, but they will hate his guts for it.  This isn't Germany, and most of the players aren't German.  Even Holtby is half-British...

jmh

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on February 14, 2014, 11:34:52 PM
Quote from: Julius Geezer on February 14, 2014, 10:37:49 PM

There's a history of it with English owners, with Russian owners, with Qatari owners, etc. You singled out Americans. So, I'm fine with giving you the anti-American "fraff".
Mike Ashley has gone through eight managers (counting Hughton twice for his two stints) in not quite seven years since he bought Newcastle, for example.