News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where does this leave our young players?

Started by leonffc, February 14, 2014, 10:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonffc

I wonder if they'll still get good playing time or the new guy will want to go with experience to get us out of trouble?
Back to square one?

hovewhite

Could be another nail in the coffin (hope not)

Julius Geezer

Hopefully there are remaining backroom staff e.g Kit Symons who can point him in the right direction.

Berserker

That was a funny thing since Rene started, Kit was helping him at first, then seemed to disappear from First team activities. I presume Wilkins took over Kit's First team role
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

epsomraver

Quote from: leonffc on February 14, 2014, 10:06:08 PM
I wonder if they'll still get good playing time or the new guy will want to go with experience to get us out of trouble?
Back to square one?
It was the experienced ones who have got us in this mess , Renee was just starting to get rid of the dead wood and now he is replaced.

ross_bamping

Felix lives and breathes fitness. If they work hard, do what he says, and are fit, they will play. That lads is the end of Bent!!!!!!
Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.

Julius Geezer

Quote from: Berserker on February 15, 2014, 09:49:06 AM
That was a funny thing since Rene started, Kit was helping him at first, then seemed to disappear from First team activities. I presume Wilkins took over Kit's First team role

I think Jonathan Hill took over that role.

FPT

"The club went then on to become 2002–03 Bundesliga runners-up and finished the 2003–04 season as respectable fourth. During this time, Magath also introduced a group of players from the Stuttgart youth ranks, such as Timo Hildebrand, Andreas Hinkel and Kevin Kurányi, who became known as "die jungen Wilden" (wild youth)."

He likes fitness and energy from each and every one of his players, so if the kids show proof of more than the first team, I'm sure he will.

Also, he made Bastian Schweinsteiger into a Bayern Munich regular, he hasn't looked back since.

Bobby2012

Quote from: FPT on February 15, 2014, 12:28:00 PM
"The club went then on to become 2002–03 Bundesliga runners-up and finished the 2003–04 season as respectable fourth. During this time, Magath also introduced a group of players from the Stuttgart youth ranks, such as Timo Hildebrand, Andreas Hinkel and Kevin Kurányi, who became known as "die jungen Wilden" (wild youth)."

He likes fitness and energy from each and every one of his players, so if the kids show proof of more than the first team, I'm sure he will.

Also, he made Bastian Schweinsteiger into a Bayern Munich regular, he hasn't looked back since.

That sounds positive and promising. But do you think he would do the same here with Dembele, David, Tankovic, Passley...??

General

Rene loved merging the two - first team and youth and we saw a lot of those benefits - jol said he did but , perhaps they weren't old enough or they developed last minute, he didn't really do much.

Someone said that Rene had brought in the aspect of the youth players training a lot more with our first team - do you think that is a new thing? Do you think other managers were just as keen, but we didn't have the youth set up at the time, or the players at the right age?

Do you think they are run, to a certain degree, seperately? Wigley runs it clearly, but do you think he encourages each manager that comes in (or goes above their heads), to make sure that some things that are deemed very good for the youth players remain permanent?

Does anyone know if Magath is keen on youth? Any track record of this? Considering for the most part our squad is either old and over the hill, or mid-twenties to early twenties do you think he will blend them, or do you think he will see enough in the youth to stick with them? Does that achieve his goal of keeping us up?

How much do you think he will stick to his ways of going with what he will go for to keep us up, if he keeps us up, into the new season (should he still be here)...?

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: General on February 16, 2014, 11:54:33 PM

Rene loved merging the two - first team and youth and we saw a lot of those benefits - jol said he did but , perhaps they weren't old enough or they developed last minute, he didn't really do much.

Someone said that Rene had brought in the aspect of the youth players training a lot more with our first team - do you think that is a new thing? Do you think other managers were just as keen, but we didn't have the youth set up at the time, or the players at the right age?

Do you think they are run, to a certain degree, seperately? Wigley runs it clearly, but do you think he encourages each manager that comes in (or goes above their heads), to make sure that some things that are deemed very good for the youth players remain permanent?

Does anyone know if Magath is keen on youth? Any track record of this? Considering for the most part our squad is either old and over the hill, or mid-twenties to early twenties do you think he will blend them, or do you think he will see enough in the youth to stick with them? Does that achieve his goal of keeping us up?

How much do you think he will stick to his ways of going with what he will go for to keep us up, if he keeps us up, into the new season (should he still be here)...?

Answers: Maybe / yes / no / perhaps / without a doubt / let me think..... / definitely / not sure.

Jamie88

Well, he gave chances to many of Stuttgart's younger players when he managed there, and his squad were known as 'die jungen wilden' (wild youth)

JBH

Why not wait and see what the Manager decides about who plays and who doesn't afterall whoever he selects will be wrong  according to certain posters who seem to think thay know better than anyone appointed by the club.

Enjoy the ride and if the players have to suffer then so be it, afterall some of them have been the ones to make us suffer all season  :028:

alfie

Quote from: JBH on February 17, 2014, 07:05:49 AM
Why not wait and see what the Manager decides about who plays and who doesn't afterall whoever he selects will be wrong  according to certain posters who seem to think thay know better than anyone appointed by the club.

Enjoy the ride and if the players have to suffer then so be it, afterall some of them have been the ones to make us suffer all season  :028:
:plus one:
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

SG

Quote from: epsomraver on February 15, 2014, 10:17:57 AM
Quote from: leonffc on February 14, 2014, 10:06:08 PM
Back to square one?
It was the experienced ones who have got us in this mess , Renee was just starting to get rid of the dead wood and now he is replaced.
Thankfully he managed to permanently remove some of the deadwood before he left !

JBH

Quote from: alfie on February 17, 2014, 08:17:19 AM
Quote from: JBH on February 17, 2014, 07:05:49 AM
Why not wait and see what the Manager decides about who plays and who doesn't afterall whoever he selects will be wrong  according to certain posters who seem to think they know better than anyone appointed by the club.

:plus one:

the nutflush

I kinda wish we hadn't let go of Berba now.  I would have given anything to get a look at Berba at one of Magaths training sessions.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: Berserker on February 15, 2014, 09:49:06 AM

Kit went back to managing U21's as he wanted to be coaching himself rather than putting cones out for Rene.

Magath has a history of using a lot of players so I am sure the youth players will get a chance.

FFCAli

Quote from: the nutflush on February 17, 2014, 10:15:23 AM
I kinda wish we hadn't let go of Berba now.  I would have given anything to get a look at Berba at one of Magaths training sessions.
064.gif

the nutflush

Quote from: FFCAli on February 17, 2014, 10:49:52 AM
Quote from: the nutflush on February 17, 2014, 10:15:23 AM
064.gif

Berba at training...
:012: