watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This is our club

Started by buckeyewhite, February 14, 2014, 10:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckeyewhite

Hello all. I've been reading this board for a number of years now so I figured I'd start writing a little bit. I'm a student at the Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio and I've been supporting Fulham for seven or so years now. Brian McBride played for my local team, the Columbus Crew, and was my childhood hero so when he came to Fulham I naturally started following them. Ever since then, especially since the great escape season, I've fallen in love with the club. All of my friends are fans of bigger clubs like Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, or Real Madrid but none of them love their club as much as I love Fulham. I've come to realize what I love so much about the club and why I care about it so much is that it is ours. I've only seen Fulham play once (against the MLS all-stars when I was eleven and didn't know much about the club) but I still feel a part of the Fulham family. I've never even met another Fulham supporter. We are, in a sense, a club based on family and relationships amongst the fans, teams, backroom staff, and history, not necessarily the football. Of course I want to win but if that's all I cared about I would support a bigger club.  But what makes Fulham so great goes beyond the football on the pitch. I feel like we're not just a football club; we're something much more meaningful than that. 

So in these seemingly bad times, we have to remember why we love our club and that the club is ours. I'm not saying we should protest or anything like that against the higher powers but Mr. Khan, Ali Mac, and whoever the manager may be don't make the club what it is. After all, the club is for us. So whatever happens in the next months, no matter how many managers we sack or if we get relegated, I'll still be here, supporting the club I love. Hopefully most of you will be too because the family that we have is what makes this club so special.

nose

fulham is a privelidge
as a supporter i know we are better than others and unique.
all you say is true but right now i think the powers that be have let us down big time.
i bought my tickets for WBA today because after the liverpool game i had that tingle of excitment that said, we are on the starting block and about to explode into action, i had anticipated a great run about to happen.
Not now, the new man has been dropped in it from a great height.

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

SouthfieldWhite

Buckeyewhite, Welcome aboard and you are certainly right

Coyws

The futures bright, the futures black and white