https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Staff, Wilkens sacked, update.....merged

Started by SimpleTactics, February 14, 2014, 10:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham76

Quote from: TonyGilroy on February 15, 2014, 11:30:52 AM
Quote from: Fulham76 on February 15, 2014, 11:05:30 AM
Hopefully the pair of them will leave as well. No idea what either of them have contributed here anyway.

Those two sentences don't belong together. We can't judge how well they do what we don't know they're doing.

Let me clear it up for you... Hopefully they'll both leave because I don't like either of them.
Also, quality appears to have dropped since they arrived

Pluto

I'd like one of them to stay at least just to preserve some continuity for the players. I don't think another whole new team of back room staff is what they need right now and to keep a familiar face around is a good idea.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Fulham76 on February 15, 2014, 02:01:53 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on February 15, 2014, 11:30:52 AM
Quote from: Fulham76 on February 15, 2014, 11:05:30 AM
Hopefully the pair of them will leave as well. No idea what either of them have contributed here anyway.

Those two sentences don't belong together. We can't judge how well they do what we don't know they're doing.

Let me clear it up for you... Hopefully they'll both leave because I don't like either of them.
Also, quality appears to have dropped since they arrived

You'll have a hard job identifying "quality" at any point this season.

filham

Quote from: Pluto on February 15, 2014, 02:09:59 PM
I'd like one of them to stay at least just to preserve some continuity for the players. I don't think another whole new team of back room staff is what they need right now and to keep a familiar face around is a good idea.
At least for the remainder of the season.

Just can't see how Macbeth is going to evaluate all of the available options and select a team that has half a chance of playing his kind of football (whatever that is) and putting in a performance against West Brom, unless of course he had advance notice of his appointment and has secretly been watching us.

cookieg

Quote from: filham on February 15, 2014, 02:21:17 PM

Just can't see how Macbeth is going to evaluate all of the available options and select a team that has half a chance of playing his kind of football (whatever that is) and putting in a performance against West Brom, unless of course he had advance notice of his appointment and has secretly been watching us.

This must be the case. He must know what he is letting himself in for to have said yes, he surely wouldn't just turn up at Motspur Park and start training without having some knowledge of the players.

nose

Quote from: cookieg on February 15, 2014, 02:26:46 PM

This must be the case. He must know what he is letting himself in for to have said yes, he surely wouldn't just turn up at Motspur Park and start training without having some knowledge of the players.

actually he would... an offer of a lucrative short term contract.... even if we go down and don't improve it's not really his fault... felix can't lose.  he can put his feet up all day and he still will get paid....  he is on a very easy wicket here.  unless his salary is absolutely linked to survival why should he care?

SP

Can I have your stadium jacket when you leave my club?

:dead horse:

MikeW

Didn't you get one last time he left?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Nero

it would have the wrong initial on SP

sumofallparts

Magath will be pulling into Motspur Park in his open top Mercedes ready to meet and greet any time soon...

LillieBoy

Presumably he'll bring in his own staff and clear up the utter mess that is the three card trick we just had.  If there is any way of keeping Rene as coach I'd be delighted.

The whole thing for the last couple of months has been an unholy mess.

Macbeth?  Now that's a Tragedy   :dft004:

SimpleTactics

proved to be right it looks

Sammyffc

oh my , ali mac , what a mare you've had my son

Andy S

There is nothing messy about it. The fact is Rene' has a contract until the end of the season. He won't be released from it to go and get another job with one of our rivals. So he either works for us or he is put on gardening leave.

Sammyffc

More to follow .. Sky Sports News the Source

Toby Ward-Smith

All over twitter that Wilkins has been sacked and Curbishley stays. Does this mean Rene will do what Wilkins was doing?

Baszab

I wonder if Wilkins walking off from the dugout on Wednesday after 15 mins had any bearing on what has been going on ?

Sammyffc

beat you to it by like 40 seconds haha

grandad

Things are looking up.
Oh hold that. Just seen that Curbishly is staying.
Where there's a will there's a wife

ToodlesMcToot

Would it be entirely too much trouble for Ali Mac to have the communications team explain what on Earth this is supposed to end up being? Or does that make too much sense?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude