watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is this situation our own doing?

Started by Herbie, February 15, 2014, 06:55:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herbie

Unsurprisingly, I am awake early today and reflecting on the news last night.  One thing that has occurred to me is whether the board have reacted to to the fans?  Has the booing been our undoing?

I've been trying to make sense of the various appointments this season, but there seems to be panic going on at the top.  Surely we can't be so scared of relegation that we need to take drastic measures to try and avoid it?  I thought the appointment of Rene was a long term view, finally, after what has been a bit of a revolving door in recent years.  He may not have much management experience, but utilise his coaching quality and give him the chance to gain that management experience in combination with developing our youth into core first team players. After all, when Khan arrived, one of the buzz words was sustainability.

I fear what the future holds for Fulham now. This may simply be fear of the unknown and human nature of the aversion to change; I hope so. However, my gut feeling with this is that it's a bad move. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see where the sustainability will come from with this appointment.

My main concern is the timing. Normally, a change of manager brings about a change of atmosphere in the dressing room. The problem for me is that it seemed, from the outside, that the atmosphere was very positive in the group and we were starting to build momentum. Now that momentum has been cut short and I don't think there is time to start again and still salvage the season.  I really hope the club made this appointment with the consideration of life in the Championship because I would really like to have a manager at Fulham for at least three seasons.  It's been a while since that happened.

Ultimately, all we as fans can do now is to try to maintain the positivity and momentum that was developing by not reacting adversely to this news. Keep the atmosphere at the Cottage rocking and make it a hard place to come to.  Perhaps also try to make the memories good ones as this might be the end of our Premier League adventure for a little while.

RaySmith

"I've been trying to make sense of the various appointments this season, but there seems to be panic going on at the top.  Surely we can't be so scared of relegation that we need to take drastic measures to try and avoid it?"

Yes 'we' can.

Khan stands to lose millions on his investment, apart from the immediate loss in the increased TV revenue, which is why clubs have this season, invested heavily in reinforcing their squads, and there have been so many managerial changes. This is the modern Prem -

where the stakes are high, and foreign owners aren't in the game as fans , like old time chairmen and like MAF, but as a business proposition.