watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

merged threads

Started by BishopsParkFantastic, February 15, 2014, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BishopsParkFantastic

FoF is beginning to reflect the situation at the club - messy and incoherent. May I suggest, we need the following (or similar) merged threads:
- Rene leaving
- Magath appointment
- Curbs and Wilkins
- Ali Mac as CEO
- Khan as Owner

Currently is difficult to know where or how best to join debates on the Forum. There needs to be some leadership from the MODs the same as we need effective leadership at the club!

Burt

Thanks for the feedback.

As someone who has OCD, I do agree with where you are coming from!

But to be honest with you, in the aftermath of such a major event, we tend to let things run their course (there are so many things about the same issue being posted on different threads at the same time) and tidy up when things have got a bit quieter.

I may be indulging my OCD soon though  :dft011:

Berserker

I merged quite a few threads last night but I think some subjects should be kept seperate. Mind you that maybe my female mind talking there
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Lighthouse

I think we need to merge the threads about merged threads. I also want a merged thread where people like me can repeat the same point over and over again. Then I want a thread about the weather. My garage roof has partly gone and Brighton seafront is a wreck. Then I would like a thread that has nothing in it so some of us can go there and rest.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Berserker

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 15, 2014, 01:08:57 PM
I think we need to merge the threads about merged threads. I also want a merged thread where people like me can repeat the same point over and over again. Then I want a thread about the weather. My garage roof has partly gone and Brighton seafront is a wreck. Then I would like a thread that has nothing in it so some of us can go there and rest.

You could go in our chat room if you want a place where there is nobody and you want a rest. I sometimes go in there and just have a SHOUT, it's very therapeutic
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

jarv

LH, any pictures of Brighton seafront?? I used to go there a lot when younger. 

Burt

Apparently the shingle beach has moved up a bit...

BishopsParkFantastic

That's quite amusing, but I think you understand what I'm getting at? Within hours of posting replies you find the thread has been consigned to the anonymity of 'page 2' never to be seen again!. Posting thus becomes a process of 'getting things off your chest' rather than the opportunity to engage in serious analysis or debate...

The King

I do have to say that FOF is the most unorganised forum I've been on. I mean, one area for discussion with topics about everything? As the poster above me said, there's no chance for prolonged proper discussions as it is. If not different areas, have at least threads for each player, coach, manager, owner, whatever. Just look at ANY other club forum and you'll get what I mean.

Lighthouse

Quote from: jarv on February 15, 2014, 01:14:21 PM
LH, any pictures of Brighton seafront?? I used to go there a lot when younger. 

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/11013755.Raging_winds_and_rain_cause_chaos_in_Sussex___live_updates/?ref=var_0

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on February 15, 2014, 02:14:01 PM

That's quite amusing, but I think you understand what I'm getting at? Within hours of posting replies you find the thread has been consined to the anonymity of 'page 2' never to be seen again!. Posting thus becomes a process of 'getting things off your chest' rather than the opportunity to engage in serious analysis or debate...

I do understand and agree.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RidgeRider

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on February 15, 2014, 10:24:09 AM

FoF is beginning to reflect the situation at the club - messy and incoherent. May I suggest, we need the following (or similar) merged threads:
- Rene leaving
- Magath appointment
- Curbs and Wilkins
- Ali Mac as CEO
- Khan as Owner

Currently is difficult to know where or how best to join debates on the Forum. There needs to be some leadership from the MODs the same as we need effective leadership at the club!

Thanks for the feedback. I have been merging like crazy as it seems every time a poster has a thought, they start a thread. We will continue to try and keep things tidier as Burt and Mrs. B mention.