watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rene: What Fulham have missed

Started by Konchesky #3, February 15, 2014, 05:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Konchesky #3

This is what makes the news so devastating for me. Rene had a lack of managerial experience but not a lack of football credentials, as some-one mentioned previously, that of which he gained from the most successful football club in the UK.

Fulham adopted Rene at a time of desperation, he had to think on his feet and do what he had to with the squad he had to get us to January until he could mould the squad his way. The majority of what we saw from Rene was damage limitation, however in the past few weeks since January, since the guy has been able to make his own squad,  we have been able to see his philosophy, to bring young players into the first team, sharpen our game plan, grow a real team spirit and motivate the team for success. This is what Fulham have failed to profit from and the most detrimental loss we have suffered, a side from the departure of a fantastic football coach, is this footballing philosophy of Sir Alex Ferguson that Rene was clearly beginning to replicate! 

I do not doubt that there was a massive chance we would be relegated under Meulensteen, I for one would consider it nothing short of a disaster if we are, however I must admit that if we do go down, I would feel much better going down with a manager who has a plan to come back up! And an investment in the squad that come with him!

Now, this new manager, no doubt the pattern of logic in his appointment is clear just on face value to whoever looks into our circumstances, however it seems to be a short and explosive fuse and I am concerned he has been hired with the sole intention of keeping us up, which would be great, however what if he doesn't? What if he fails to do so and we are in the Championship with a manger who has won the German league? Will that be of any use to us or would we consider ourselves stuck! Has this scenario been taken into account by our chairman or was Rene right, was the panic button hit? I think the truth will become evidently clear in the next few weeks.

The Positives; Rene may stay on as backroom staff (however we will all understand if the poor man goes on to achieve elsewhere, as I am sure he will achieve great things in football) and our chairman is showing genuine signs of wanting to stay in the top flight and I know a lot of our supports started to questions Khan's motivation. I wonder though, are Khans intentions true and genuine, or will his reputation as a hard dictator of operations at Fulham manifest. Be warned; if they do, we will no longer be viewed as the ethical gentleman of the premier league but potentially be viewed as the cold corporate survivors run by an out of touch tyrant and a manager whose nickname is "the torturer"?

Good luck in the future Rene! 

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

This move had nothing to do with Fulham's long term future (which would have been fine even if we had gone down with Rene) and everything to do with Ali Mac saving his job, which if we went down he would most definitely lose.

nose

Quote from: Moussa Dembele the 3rd on February 15, 2014, 05:07:49 PM
This move had nothing to do with Fulham's long term future (which would have been fine even if we had gone down with Rene) and everything to do with Ali Mac saving his job, which if we went down he would most definitely lose.

he should lose his job anyway