News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Felix Magath reputation and myth (sorry for my bad english im german)

Started by tiax, February 15, 2014, 06:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Quote from: SP on February 16, 2014, 04:30:13 PM
Not sure when his video interview was posted on the Offal but I think he comes across very well.  We certainly do lack the winning mentality.

Yes - the video interview -fluent, polite, intelligent, informative and encouraging- is a sore disappointment to those expecting a swivel eyed-lunatic raving in German and biting the heads off chickens.

Still, there's always next week.

PokerMatt

I think from that interview we can put to bed another myth: that he needs a translator. Speaks better English than a lot of the players in the England team.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

jj____

I see this as a positive move for us. 

Great work out of you German dudes (Wolve,Tiax, Jol, etc), thanks for the input.

Arthur

He's signed an 18-month contract, I understand. If we're a PL Club when his contract comes up for renewal, his tenure will have to be regarded as successful. If, by that time, his methods have served their usefulness, the Club will have the opportunity to let him go.

Neil D

Reminds me a bit of Capello.  He arrived with a similar 'back catalogue' - tough disciplinarian, boot-camp mentality, scourge of over-indulged, pampered stars etc.  We know how that ended.  Except Magath speaks better English and maybe not so keen on art.

guido

hi guys,
i'm long time registered here but this is my first post. i'm a german too and an ffc supporter since 1995 and the founder of the german members club in 2011. in our facebook forum i was asked about felix and his style.
felix is a really tough guy. his primary concern is physical fitness. i think the players will have a hard training week but his clubs in germany were always the fittest in the league. and i think we need more fitnes considering the massive amount of late goals. he is a very conflicting guy but a nickname for him in germany was "the magician" because he saved so many teams. he is definitely not my first choice for a german manager but if the players agree with his style i believe we have a good chance to stay up.  the horror storys in the newspapers are a little bit overdone also the statement from ulli hoeness, hoeness is a complete idiot.
now i'm really excited for the match againt everton where our members club will visit with 3 people. i'd never expected to see a german manager at the time i booked the tickets ;)
hope my english is understandable for all of you, i think i have to improve it ;)

cmg

Quote from: Neil D on February 16, 2014, 08:34:17 PM
Reminds me a bit of Capello.  He arrived with a similar 'back catalogue' - tough disciplinarian, boot-camp mentality, scourge of over-indulged, pampered stars etc.  We know how that ended.  Except Magath speaks better English and maybe not so keen on art.

His 66.67% success rate (42/28/8/6) makes Fabio Capello statistically the most successful England manager of all time.

As long as he doesn't bring in John Terry as captain, something similar from Magath would be OK by me.

nixie-ffc

"Whether Felix Magath would have saved the Titanic, I do not know. However, the survivors would have been in top shape." Jan Fjortoft 2001. lol

Ichabod Magoo

Every place he goes, Magath demands that ownership spends big money and winds up with a large roster.  So when Khan chokes on Magath's requirements (assuming they don't go down to the Championship), it will be interesting to see if he leaves in July ... or August.   :023:
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

Forever Fulham

Explain this sentence, from the original post, above, to me:

"With Schalke 2009-2011 he also had successes like being second in championship, winning the cup (he got sacked before the final against a second division team), achieving the quarter finals in Champions League."

Why would they sack him under such circumstances?

Count Berbatov

So really, nothing all that negative. He's a tough guy, kind of authoritarian. Kind of old school. But gets the job done and his teams /players are the fittest. That ain't no bad thing.
I am looking forward to the next game
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

PokerMatt

Quote from: Forever Fulham on February 17, 2014, 06:21:30 AM
Explain this sentence, from the original post, above, to me:

"With Schalke 2009-2011 he also had successes like being second in championship, winning the cup (he got sacked before the final against a second division team), achieving the quarter finals in Champions League."

Why would they sack him under such circumstances?

He was sacked the year after coming second with schalke. In the second half of the season because they were underperforming in the league. They just happened to have made the final by then.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

epsomraver

Quote from: Count Berbatov on February 17, 2014, 06:54:42 AM
So really, nothing all that negative. He's a tough guy, kind of authoritarian. Kind of old school. But gets the job done and his teams /players are the fittest. That ain't no bad thing.
I am looking forward to the next game

You might beat Palace away?

Flupp

The only thing I really know is .....If we stay up WE got a totally different team next season !!!! Felix don`t have any magic hands an the player wouldn`t be fitter under him than under MJ or RM !!!! Felix need the preparation to get the player FIT ....and I think THERE WILL BE FIT among Magath  090.gif .....

He is known for signing ALLOT of player !!! I think he will eliminate half of the squad next season IF we stay up !!!

I alway like FM but I`m a little bit sad that the Board don`t beliefe in RM I thought he was on the right way  :012:

STAND UP IF YOU STILL BELIEVE !!!!
"take me home al fayed to the place where i belong craven cottage by the river take me home al fayed"

Rudolph

Great reading Tiax!   

My favourite is Fjörtoft on twitter, should be interesting times ahead.