News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Felix Magath reputation and myth (sorry for my bad english im german)

Started by tiax, February 15, 2014, 06:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiax

Hello im new in this forum and as a german supporter of fulham i want to give u some informations about our new manager.

i don wanna repeat whats already written and pointed out about magath. But i want to give u a german persepective.

1. Felix Magath in the budesliga

many articles and postings say felix magath seems very succesful in short term but lacks succses in long duration.

The point is not totaly wrong cause he never stood in a club for long term but not always cause he lacks succes.

3 example:

After he won the bundesliga title with wolfsburg he left the club at the end of the season to manage schalke.

In schalke and munich he was fired not cause the results
(he won the double with bayern twice and led an average schalke instant into the championsleaugue )

he got fired cause got dictatorial methods and is immune for any advise

Clemens Tonnies President of Schalke :
"After that I had a haunting private conversation with him. Felix Magath did not say much and stirred his tea. In a second interview the team committee has told me that it is getting worse. Then I told the coach, so Schalke does not work. You have to take the people. That was quite a struggle. "

Uli Hoeness President of Bayern Munich

"I 'm sure Felix will come back , but surely only abroad ," said Hoeness . However, he is of the opinion that Magath generally with its operation has no long-term prospects .
" . . Course, there are methods that teams and players as squeeze a lemon until the physical limit and beyond Then you have short-term success The Felix Magath has proven in almost all clubs," Hoeness said , but stressed: "This is for me no secret to success . No way I want to deal with people . "

Bayern stars reportedly happy after Magath's kicking in Munich

Magath was between July 2004 to January 2007 coach of FC Bayern and fetched at this time in 2005 and 2006, the league and cup double . When he was released after two and a half years, the Bayern stars have pleased Hoeness says : "He ( Magath, note) must be ever ask the question , if he has success somewhere , why then a party among the players is celebrated , when he's gone . "

In contrast to his Bayern time Magath was a sort of autocrat in Wolfsburg and FC Schalke . A concept that looks Hoeness critical: " Felix is ​​a man who wants to have total power fullness He is a suspicious man , he is always the opinion that it is spoken about him why he wanted to be coach , manager, general manager and editor of the stadium newspaper. .  This is no longer appropriate

2. Felix Magth in German Press

he is a very controversial manager, which is also the reason why he has coached the last years no club in the Bundesliga.

Therefore, he also expressed the desire for a long time abroad to work, especially in engalnd.

However, due to his reputation he was an option/rumor for desperate clubs in the bundesliga.

Last club here was HSV (hamburg) where he still had a good reputation as a former player, hero and fan favorite.

Apparently called magath the post of the coach and the manager (in Germany it means you need two people to fire) but only for half a year. At the end of the season he wanted to then ascend to the club president.

(no joke, but he offered to work for free the half year just for a bonus if they dont relegate)

However due to the resistance of fans, board, supervisory board members and sporty line canceled in order to sign in fulham the next day.

So German media speculate whether fulham was the second choice.

Felix Magath and the Squad

Ive read some bad quotes about felix ..here some more positive:

former internatinal Patrick Helmes:

"Felix Magath has changed my attitude to the job"

That "Wolves" coach Magath banished him during the 2011/12 season in the second team, helmet now sees as a great teaching. "I have benefited from the training process," the attacker said: "Felix Magath has influenced me With him I've learned as a professional to live and work, to give every day full throttle and subordinating everything to the football.."

In a telephone conversation Helmes thanked Magath: "I had a hard time early days, but then played an outstanding second half (of the season) I was back in the national team a topic, I had to thank him also with his hard way he has.. he showed me what I can change why I was able to play consistently below him. And for that I am grateful . "

"For me, Felix Magath is the perfect trainer. With him, you have to always give 100 percent, "Dzeko is thanked his mentor and discoverer ....

Mehmet scholl (former player at munich):
"At the end of my career I had Felix Magath as coach. He has opened my eyes and made ​​me absolutely fit. With him is mentally and physically everything is oriented towards football. "

jan aage fjörtoft on twitter:

Dear Fulham-fans!
Never will you say again:
- Players didn't run enough
- Players don't train enough
- The boss is not clear enough

ADDED QUOTES

still by jan aage fjörtoft found on twitter:

Magath being the doctor in Frankfurt.
If a player was injured (he didn't always believe them) - they had to rund around the pitch 2 hours

Magath MindGames!
Sorry Mourinho! Compared with Magath you are League Two

Magath fines!
In Wolfsburg a player got 10 000 euro fine for not being loyal to the tactic
In Schalke 2 players changed position at a corner. ..........At the halftime!! Magath gave both players a 10 000 euro fine

Magath not happy with Salou (striker): Will you give Eintracht Frankfurt your money back after that performance?

Magath's 1st Team-Meeting EVER in Frankfurt!
Asked the most experienced player: - What are you doing here, Fjörtoft?
Should be scoring. Not enough though. Other coach got sacked!

Once Magath asked a player to come to his dressing-room. Player came. Sat with him 10 mins. Not a word said.
Magath: U can go

Once we were finished running at our TrainingCamp a player had disappeared.
We had to look for him. Found him. Had collapsed

JanAageFjortoft Would you play for him again if given the opportunity?"
Any day!!I loved it. Was just too tired sometimes

Ashkan Dejagah when he played for wolfsburg:

SPORT1: Mr. Dejagah, we come to something else. Actually one should give you the Medal of Honor.
Dejagah: Why is that? (laughs)
SPORT1: Because u play for a long time under Felix Magath. And you'll always put your performance, obviously get on well with him.
Dejagah: Thank you! I never had a problem with Mr. Magath. I have made under him most of the games in my career, I learned a lot from him. Of course, his training is hard, but there is something out there. I always feel fit with him and am glad to be allowed to train under such an experienced and successful coach.
I'm just trying to do what he asks, namely to train well. He is a coach who looks at such things. I'm really glad he rewarded me by I can play regularly. I had some coaches, but my best time I had with him.
He sure is strict, but in his own way as a young player you learn a lot. I have always believed what he teaches me.
SPORT1: You know Magath like no other. How is he really?
Dejagah: between coaches and players should always be a healthy distance. He is my coach and continues to try to improve me. He always gives me good advice, even for private life. Everyone who knows him knows what makes him tick. He is always honest.

sry for my bad english

andyk

Hope he didn't read Brede Hangeland's interview the other week when he ruminated on the place football has in his life (not that important) and tried to put the game into perspective. Seems like we have gone from a benign cuddly liberal coalition type government to an all out totalitarian despot,  ( I won't make the obvious analogy).

tiax

QuoteHope he didn't read Brede Hangeland's interview the other week when he ruminated on the place football has in his life (not that important) and tried to put the game into perspective.

In order to succeed as quickly as possible, magath has even advised an unusual step to Draxler and his parents. On the recommendation of the coach the talent has left school to focus completely on football . "He was a great student and would have made ​​a great High School , But in 15 or 20 years when his career is over, he needs prep school more. At a pinch he could indeed make up for that," said Magath, "Parents have this decision is made only with difficulty, I had two conversations were initially skeptical of it, "the coach said one, who had to make some persuasion.

nixie-ffc

thanks for the post tiax, very informative indeed. cant see the puerto rican - german changing the way he behaves so the players are in for a rough ride. hope he can keep us in the prem. i quite liked rene, wish we could have given him more time. he should have been given more time.

tiax

Quotethanks for the post tiax, very informative indeed

thank you, I have an hour for this article needed ( my last english lesson is 10 years ago^^)
I tried to be objectively and to leave my opinion completely outside.

PokerMatt

Quote from: tiax on February 15, 2014, 07:18:20 PM
Quotethanks for the post tiax, very informative indeed

thank you, I have an hour for this article needed ( my last english lesson is 10 years ago^^)
I tried to be objectively and to leave my opinion completely outside.

My last German lesson was about the same length of time ago at GCSE level. Your English is better than my German ever has been!

Trying to learn again, though. Harder when you have a job.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

H4usuallysitting

tiax

QuoteMy last German lesson was about the same length of time ago at GCSE level. Your English is better than my German ever has been!

u mean im jobless cause my english is better than ur german?

;P

QuoteHey Tiax.....what part of Germany are you in

Berlin

@topic .. ive added some quotes in my mainpost

PokerMatt

Quote from: tiax on February 15, 2014, 07:56:50 PM
QuoteMy last German lesson was about the same length of time ago at GCSE level. Your English is better than my German ever has been!

u mean im jobless cause my english is better than ur german?

;P

@topic .. ive added some quotes in my mainpost

Haha it does sound like that's what I meant!

To clarify: I meant that now I'm older and have to work... But didn't when I was at school.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

tiax

QuoteHaha it does sound like that's what I meant!

To clarify: I meant that now I'm older and have to work... But didn't when I was at school.

np get ur point ...was just joking ;)

zschwartz

Thanks. would've been morbidly interesting to see him around when berbatov / ruiz / taraabt were in the lineup. But it appears that a lot of the practical work has been done for him. i guess we will just proceed straight into the theatrics.

twelli

At Bayern, I believe, he was sacked because, the front office guys there, namely Hoeness and Rummenigge, don't like a coach who wants too much power. They had similar problems with Rehagel, Klinsmann, and van Gal. Interestingly, all of them, including Magath, have the sign Leo, which if you believe in astrology, might have something to do with the tendency of those guys to want all the power and to not be willing to compromise.

In Schalke, I believe, the fans had a great deal to do with sacking him. Magath is not interested in making friends and he wasn't interested in warming up with those overly passionate (well, crazy) fans of Schalke.

I think what makes a lot of players dislike Magath's style is that he's probably not good at encouraging or nannying players who might be a bit on the sensitive side. He's good at punishing players for misbehavior but probably not good at rewarding them with nice words when they do something good. So, a certain type of player likes his style, but most players silently hate him.

As long as his team is successful, a club might tolerate him, but when the results are getting bad, he's fired rather quickly.

And of course, Fulham was is second option, no doubt about it. He waited until it was clear that the people at Hamburg didn't want him this time around.

He (or his assistent) just posted this on his FB site:

Dear Facebook friends and fans,

best regards from London! My first impressions are great. Working conditions over here are fantastic; The club is managed by real professionals and the circumstances are outstanding. Football is just everything over here. So lets start working!

Have a great Sunday.

All the best,
Felix Magath

www.magath.net
[email protected]

SG

I liked the point to a player re after that display are you going to give your money back. I can think of a few times that has been suggested by us of certain players this season.

Jo1968

Hello, i am a german too an the fact that Magath will be the first german coach in the premier leage makes me angry.
Im sorry for my bad english but it's long ago i had learned. Now i'm 45 years old an the last time i write in english was 1984 .... :005:

Tiax is absolutely right. Magath is an oldschool coach with ancient methods. He has no own taktiks an has no feeling about the youth today.
He had many stations bevor to became any succses (2. with Stuttgart). He alwas been fired after a short time in Bremen, Frankfurt or Nürnberg.

As he take over Bayern Munich he let the team play like Hitzfeld before. No cahanges, but in an very ugly style. Yes he won titels with them but the played very unattractively.  :012:
As the opponents knew the style Bayern played, he had no idea to change the system. In an Halftime he told the team they should play like the taktic is.
An player (van Bommel) sad loud to him: Coach, which taktic do you mean, you have no tactic ???? After that, he get fired. That was a great day  049:gif

He was Coach of Wolfsburg an won the Championship. But that was not while Wolfsburg was so good. The reason was that the other teams were so bad an lost her advance totaly. He knew that and goes to Schalke. Ask an Schalker what he think about Magath ... but be warned ... maybe he smash an bottle on your head  082.gif

Magath ist known for hard training and an maximum of Squadmembers. In all his jobs he had the biggest Squads in the Bundesliga. Clubs still trying to sell this players  :005:

Dear FFC Supporters. Maybe he can help you for a short time. But its better to make plans to fire him after the season so fast your club can. Belive us, thats not the man who anyone needs. For an german it is the worst case to know that Magath will be the first coach in the Premier League.

We have very good Coaches, but Felix is not approximately one of them. But, i wish your team an the fans luck ...

twelli

Don't think he's that bad. Saying that every other team was bad, allowing Wolfsburg to win is, well a bit simple.

Let's see how he does in England. Can't wait for the first game, against another relegation-threatened team no less.

greenwhitewolve

Hey guys,

what a flood of germans in your forum, sorry for that  :005: ...but I am German too, from Wolfsburg, passionate Wolfsburg supporter and I want to add some aspects about your new coach. You should know that many many people in Germany in the next weeks will look for the Fulham-results directly after watching their Bundesliga club!

Jo1968 said he gets angry about the fact that Magath will be the first german coach in premier league but I get angry when I read that Wolfsburg just won the championship in 2009 because the others were just too bad. Thats just bullpoo. Well, we were champions with 69 points (21-6-7), maybe it is not as much as Bayern will have for instance this year but nevertheless we were the best club of the season. The situation of Wolfsburg in the two years before Magath came in summer '07: 05/06: 15th; 06/07: 15th. We had a horrible team that was expensive, but didn't work, that had no hierarchy, no self-confidence, not enough quality. What did Magath do? First he selled nearly the whole team (no joke, 18 players left us in one season) and bought many (!!) cheap young talents that were motivated and prepared for running like machines because they were grateful for the occasion to play Bundesliga. One of them were Edin Dzeko for 4 million, Grafite for 7 and one year later Misimovic for 3. Magath looks at the personality of players, he needs those who are profesional and play for the team. Sometimes, not always, he has problems with "stars", depends on their attitude. In 2008/09 we had the best striker duo in the history of 50 years Bundesliga: Grafite scored 28 times in 34 matches, Dzeko 26 times and Misimovic hat 20 assists (5 more than the second Özil). This only worked because Magath build up a team with a clear concept. If you have ever wished that someone should enter your club cleaning up a bit then Magath is someone who does it consequently without any fears. He is inteligent, a chess player, you should not underestimate him.

Maybe sometimes he took false decisions, but in the end he had success like just few other german coaches. In two consecutive years he won cup and Bundesliga with Bayern (4 titles in 2 years) what nearly no Bayern coach archieved before him. Winning the championship with us was one of the greatest performance of all times. In 2009 he got coach of the year in Germany - unthinkable that this was just four and a half years ago. He had a great reputation and Schalke celebrated his transfer like a title. With Schalke 2009-2011 he also had successes like being second in championship, winning the cup (he got sacked before the final against a second division team), archieving the quarter finals in Champions League. Nevertheless the atmosphere changed because at the same time charismatic many young coaches like Klopp (Dortmund) emerged in the liga, had success and now every coach had to have a perfect team management and a positive charisma. The way Magath was treated was unfair but he did not change anything and at the end everyone was glad he did not have success in his second period in Wolfsburg. In 2011 we were in a similar situation like you, being 17th 8 matches before end of season. With 2 losses out of the last 8 games we at the end finished 15th. In the following seasons he changed his players like socks. In one season in his team played 36 different players (in one season, incredible).

But nevertheless Magath still is a perfect coach in some situations like in yours. Not only for this season, he can build up a working team, he proofed it. Just a few side notes: Dejagah was one of his favourite players, Riether after two successful years escaped from him and did not renew the contract. I suppose he wont be really happy with this development. Do you remember we met in 2010 quarter finals of Europe League? With Magath being coach (not Veh) we would have won..   :008:

If you have any questions just ask. I wish you just the best for the future! Good Luck!

Patrick

Quote from: greenwhitewolve on February 16, 2014, 11:54:18 AM
Hey guys,

what a flood of germans in your forum, sorry for that  :005: ...but I am German too, from Wolfsburg, passionate Wolfsburg supporter and I want to add some aspects about your new coach. You should know that many many people in Germany in the next weeks will look for the Fulham-results directly after watching their Bundesliga club!

Jo1968 said he gets angry about the fact that Magath will be the first german coach in premier league but I get angry when I read that Wolfsburg just won the championship in 2009 because the others were just too bad. Thats just bullpoo. Well, we were champions with 69 points (21-6-7), maybe it is not as much as Bayern will have for instance this year but nevertheless we were the best club of the season. The situation of Wolfsburg in the two years before Magath came in summer '07: 05/06: 15th; 06/07: 15th. We had a horrible team that was expensive, but didn't work, that had no hierarchy, no self-confidence, not enough quality. What did Magath do? First he selled nearly the whole team (no joke, 18 players left us in one season) and bought many (!!) cheap young talents that were motivated and prepared for running like machines because they were grateful for the occasion to play Bundesliga. One of them were Edin Dzeko for 4 million, Grafite for 7 and one year later Misimovic for 3. Magath looks at the personality of players, he needs those who are profesional and play for the team. Sometimes, not always, he has problems with "stars", depends on their attitude. In 2008/09 we had the best striker duo in the history of 50 years Bundesliga: Grafite scored 28 times in 34 matches, Dzeko 26 times and Misimovic hat 20 assists (5 more than the second Özil). This only worked because Magath build up a team with a clear concept. If you have ever wished that someone should enter your club cleaning up a bit then Magath is someone who does it consequently without any fears. He is inteligent, a chess player, you should not underestimate him.

Maybe sometimes he took false decisions, but in the end he had success like just few other german coaches. In two consecutive years he won cup and Bundesliga with Bayern (4 titles in 2 years) what nearly no Bayern coach archieved before him. Winning the championship with us was one of the greatest performance of all times. In 2009 he got coach of the year in Germany - unthinkable that this was just four and a half years ago. He had a great reputation and Schalke celebrated his transfer like a title. With Schalke 2009-2011 he also had successes like being second in championship, winning the cup (he got sacked before the final against a second division team), archieving the quarter finals in Champions League. Nevertheless the atmosphere changed because at the same time charismatic many young coaches like Klopp (Dortmund) emerged in the liga, had success and now every coach had to have a perfect team management and a positive charisma. The way Magath was treated was unfair but he did not change anything and at the end everyone was glad he did not have success in his second period in Wolfsburg. In 2011 we were in a similar situation like you, being 17th 8 matches before end of season. With 2 losses out of the last 8 games we at the end finished 15th. In the following seasons he changed his players like socks. In one season in his team played 36 different players (in one season, incredible).

But nevertheless Magath still is a perfect coach in some situations like in yours. Not only for this season, he can build up a working team, he proofed it. Just a few side notes: Dejagah was one of his favourite players, Riether after two successful years escaped from him and did not renew the contract. I suppose he wont be really happy with this development. Do you remember we met in 2010 quarter finals of Europe League? With Magath being coach (not Veh) we would have won..   :008:

If you have any questions just ask. I wish you just the best for the future! Good Luck!

Danke Wolvie.....one question ..are there any good loan players available in Germany that Felix could bring to FFC????

SKSW6

Thanks to all the German guys for your inputs. I think what we can summarise is that he's one of the most divisive managers ever involved in the game. It's gonna be one hell of a ride the rest of the season though, whatever happens.

SP

Not sure when his video interview was posted on the Offal but I think he comes across very well.  We certainly do lack the winning mentality.