News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Top work by the clubs supporters relations team throughout this mess!!

Started by Fulham76, February 15, 2014, 10:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham76

Admin

Quote from: Fulham76 on February 15, 2014, 10:30:11 PM
Thought their excellent work was worth a mention...

Who? Wasn't aware there was one. That gap hasn't been bridged for what.. 10 years?

Fulham76

Quote from: Admin on February 15, 2014, 10:33:42 PM

Who? Wasn't aware there was one. That gap hasn't been bridged for what.. 10 years?

Some sort of comment/statement would be nice wouldn't it? Unless of course they really have no idea what they're doing, which seems the case at the moment.

Buffalo76

Quote from: Fulham76 on February 15, 2014, 10:36:56 PM

Some sort of comment/statement would be nice wouldn't it? Unless of course they really have no idea what they're doing, which seems the case at the moment.

:plus one:

Admin

I don't think it's a case of having no idea, I just believe that bridge with the fans was lost years ago. The people at the club who you could talk to once upon a time, all went corporate. I've been saying for years that the club had lost it's 'family' feel values and was just a club competing in the Premiership. Hopefully this all changes when Khan gets his teeth into the club.    

Fulham76

Quote from: Admin on February 15, 2014, 10:47:32 PM

I don't think it's a case of having no idea, I just believe that bridge with the fans was lost years ago. The people at the club who you could talk to once upon a time, all went corporate. I've been saying for years that the club had lost it's 'family' feel values and was just a club competing in the Premiership. Hopefully this all changes when Khan gets his teeth into the club.     

Personally I've seen quite enough of what Khan has to offer & would prefer it if he kept his teeth as far away from us as possible.

LillieBoy

I still haven't forgiven them for the loss of the Supporters' Club bar.  Is there a FSC anywhere at all any more?  Even an unofficial one?

Admin

Quote from: LillieBoy on February 15, 2014, 10:55:48 PM
I still haven't forgiven them for the loss of the Supporters' Club bar.  Is there a FSC anywhere at all any more?  Even an unofficial one?

It was supposed to be rebuilt at the back of Hammy end under the Fayed rein, but that never materialized.

LillieBoy

Quote from: Admin on February 15, 2014, 11:00:45 PM
I still haven't forgiven them for the loss of the Supporters' Club bar.  Is there a FSC anywhere at all any more?  Even an unofficial one?

It was supposed to be rebuilt at the back of Hammy end under the Fayed rein, but that never materialized.
Loved it till the shutters came down! Really good vibe in there.

Buffalo76

Quote from: Fulham76 on February 15, 2014, 10:53:06 PM

Personally I've seen quite enough of what Khan has to offer & would prefer it if he kept his teeth as far away from us as possible.

064.gif

Admin

Quote from: LillieBoy on February 15, 2014, 11:04:31 PM
I still haven't forgiven them for the loss of the Supporters' Club bar.  Is there a FSC anywhere at all any more?  Even an unofficial one?

But that then comes back to the corporate side of the club, and how Fulham has changed over the years. Yes, we're still 'nice' little old Fulham by the river, but we're not that family club any more that had the fans values in mind. I'm only 36, but back in my day, my Dad used to have a drink in the Riversiders, I used to kick a ball about with Jim Stannard and Ray Lewighton's boys in that gap between the bar and the restaurant, where the toilets were. If we were cheeky enough, we'd skip onto the pitch only to be chased of by the groundsman, Steve I think his name was was with long hair. Anyway, when leaving the Riversider's we'd alway walk back through the ground and past that Bar at the back of the Hammy end.    

Admin

On the scale of things, he hasn't really done anything, yet. We're all blaming him, but was it him who hit the panic button, or Mackintosh? If Felix comes in and hits the ground running, Khan will be hailed a Saint. Fans are so fickle sometimes.

LBNo11

...the supporters club is effectively dead. Southfield White is the only representative left and was running it on his own. Even when teh supporters club offered free membership the take up was virtually nil.

If fans supported the supporters club they would have some representation, in truth the lack of club and fans liason is down to the fans as much as it was down to the club for not supporting and helping it's own SC when they started to charge for services that were once free.

When the club were skint, with no money, and with few fans, then they relied on the fund raising and profile raising that the FSC did. Now the club is rich, internationally recognised and so corporate that they have to watch what they say and to whom - even if they wanted to - why do they need to communicate to the fans?

I doubt anything will change due to mutual apathy...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Admin on February 15, 2014, 11:13:17 PM

But that then comes back to the corporate side of the club, and how Fulham has changed over the years. Yes, we're still 'nice' little old Fulham by the river, but we're not that family club any more that had the fans values in mind. I'm only 36, but back in my day, my Dad used to have a drink in the Riversiders, I used to kick a ball about with Jim Stannard and Ray Lewighton's boys in that gap between the bar and the restaurant, where the toilets were. If we were cheeky enough, we'd skip onto the pitch only to be chased of by the groundsman, Steve I think his name was was with long hair. Anyway, when leaving the Riversider's we'd alway walk back through the ground and past that Bar at the back of the Hammy end.    

Steve Magee was the groundsman and funny enough I bumped into him the other day in Earlsfield, not changed much apart from having a bit less hair

I thought we still had a supporters bar, under the Hammersmith end by H3, they are not called bar staff, think they are known as beer venders ;-)

Admin

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on February 15, 2014, 11:21:09 PM
Quote from: Admin on February 15, 2014, 11:13:17 PM

Steve Magee was the groundsman and funny enough I bumped into him the other day in Earlsfield, not changed much apart from having a bit less hair

I thought we still had a supporters bar, under the Hammersmith end by H3, they are not called bar staff, think they are known as beer venders ;-)

Jay's version of the 'beer staff' always has me in fit's, remind me to tell you when I see you next ;-)

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: LBNo11 on February 15, 2014, 11:19:20 PM
...the supporters club is effectively dead. Southfield White is the only representative left and was running it on his own. Even when teh supporters club offered free membership the take up was virtually nil.

If fans supported the supporters club they would have some representation, in truth the lack of club and fans liason is down to the fans as much as it was down to the club for not supporting and helping it's own SC when they started to charge for services that were once free.

When the club were skint, with no money, and with few fans, then they relied on the fund raising and profile raising that the FSC did. Now the club is rich, internationally recognised and so corporate that they have to watch what they say and to whom - even if they wanted to - why do they need to communicate to the fans?

I doubt anything will change due to mutual apathy...

As LB says, the supporters club went dead through lack of interest from supporters, I was last man standing and all I did was basically respond to e mails from fans wanting advice, a sort of unofficial Tommy Guthrie

When back to the cottage started up, most fans decided to join that.

We had a very good committee with some hard working people, but when we didnt really get the response we needed, these hard working people thought we were banging our heads on a brick wall

With the lack of a bar, and lack of away train travel after Chris Topley god rest his soul passed away, there was a lack of interest in the supporters club.

We were always independent of the main club but had a good relationship with the club.

But like all things, things change and the club went from strength to strength  and alot of fans who supported us after we got in the Prem, probably wouldn't even know we had a supporters club as its been dead for quite a while

We had some good times especially the supporters football team who travelled all over the country playing other supporters teams and making many friends.

We even won the UK supporters league

ToodlesMcToot

So you're angry with the Mitroglu signing, the Cole and Tunnecliffe signings, and the Kvist and Holtby loans too??? Whew! I thought I was all alone.  fp.gif
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Fulham76

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on February 16, 2014, 12:13:28 AM

So you're angry with the Mitroglu signing, the Cole and Tunnecliffe signings, and the Kvist and Holtby loans too??? Whew! I thought I was all alone.  fp.gif

There's just one signing that shows real commitment & that's the Greek. Tunnicliffe & Cole I don't know enough to comment. Holtby? A very very short term non committal deal. So in answer to your question, I'm still not impressed, no.
Anyway, the original post was about lack of customer service I.e. the fans, the people that pay wages at our club. Don't know about you but where I come from, it's absolutely crap.

nose

In answer to the headline post, and i haven't read everything in between...#
i suspect the reason for no comment re rene is that there are contractual issues... there is no mention he has gone so we cannot thank him for his efforts, he wasn't the manager, magath is..... rene was correct, the board hit the panic button but that doesn't mean he is out............    maybe magath & rene together could be a dream team (i doubt it but stranger things have happened).

but i feel sure the silence is contract issues related as to whether rene stays or goes and if he stays in what capacity.