https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

All of this angst does nothing for the team

Started by terryr, February 16, 2014, 12:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

We have no choice but to go with this.
The new manager has a pedigree.
We have dropped crucial points in games we needed to win the past 10.
Remember Hull?
Sunderland?
Southampton?
I think speculating about Khan is pointless....he is spending money and trying to keep us up.
Lets see what happens because it hasn't been good since New Year's day with the exception of Manu.
Rene said they pushed the panic button....well damn right the did....when would the appropriate time be to push it?
5 games from now when the run of form stayed true to the past 5 games?
There is no point in wringing the hands at this stage.
Get behind the team.
No other choice really.
T
049:gif

ToodlesMcToot

You're right it doesn't. The club should do something about it - like let people know their intent. It doesn't really sound as if anyone other than Ali Mac and Khan know what the end game is and I wouldn't be totally surprised if Khan wasn't exactly sure.

This is a P.R. disaster and looks very amateurish.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

..FOF..

In this situation, it is less about the fans getting behind the team.

More importantly, the players have to get behind the new manager and not cause any dressing room issues.

With only 3 months left to the end of the season, there is no time for fancy dates by the river.

RaySmith

I think it's a lot about the fans getting behind the team - we need that to survive in the Prem I think.

But the club seems to have done its best to alienate the fans with the way it's handled this situation.

Even me, who always tries to be positive. I liked René, and the team seemed to be producing performances in the last two games which I thought could save us, and I was pretty upset to hear René had been sacked.

But then I could see the reasoning behind this  - a desperate shot at staying in the Prem, which would be applauded if it came off - and if not, well......

But, it's happened I thought, now we need to get behind the new man, and the team - no use  crying about Rene now.

But, as I said, the club has caused confusion and resentment with the lack of information, and seeming to handle things not only brutally - common in modern football where the stakes are so high- but shambolically.

However, hopefully we should all know the true situation within the next day, and can thus concentrate in  fully getting behind he new man and the team- it is very important that we move forward, to stand any chance of Prem survival - which is still very achievable I think.

Peabody

It is not the fans causing the angst, it is the club. Is Rene and back room staff still with us? Surely a simple question too answer. If anything is designed to cause uncertainty it is this very situation. It seems to me, that the club should come out with some clarification. A lot of us have witnessed some horrible situations with our club and this current laughable situation ranks up there with the worst.

Berserker

Well it's made me go through alot of emotions the last couple of days, although angst isn't one of them. Surprise, a little hope, laughter ot the ludicrous stuation, this morning I woke up depressed.

I wonder if Sarah might have thrown the towel in.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

epsomraver

Quote from: Berserker on February 16, 2014, 09:46:07 AM
Well it's made me go through alot of emotions the last couple couple of days, although angst isn't one of them. Surprise, a little hope, laughter ot the ludicrous stuation, this morning I woke up depressed.

I wonder if Sarah might have thrown the towel in.

Now that would cheer up so many, that is one sacking that would be applauded loudly and widely

Herbie

I am not looking forward to the conversations in the office on Monday morning. 

It definitely has been a roller coaster of emotions, more so because the club normally deal with things professionally and efficiently when making announcements (such as transfer dealings). This statement, however, has just led to utter confusion and shock at a time when we need stability.  It might still work out, but we are cutting it extremely close with only 12 games left.  Personally I don't think there's enough time to effect enough of a change and, if anything, will only waste a couple more games whilst we transition, yet again.

But hey, I'm no expert and I'll gladly take it all back if it works, however my gut feeling is not a good one.

God The Mechanic

I'd wager Magath is the one who will decide which of the numerous coaches are going to stay.  I'd much rather he made that call having met and discussed things with them than just getting rid at the very beginning.  Really don't think it's unreasonable for him to take a day or two to determine who he wants/needs to keep around....