watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

it gets worse look at the FA Cup draw....merged

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, February 16, 2014, 03:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

If we'd have beaten Sheff Utd and subsequently Forest... WE'D HAVE GOT SHEFF WEDNESDAY OR CHARLTON!!!

Never before and NEVER AGAIN will we get a better chance of reaching Wembley. OUR EASIEST CHANCE TO GET TO WEMBLEY AND WE BLEW IT!!!
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Ordar

That's exactly what I was thinking. What a wasted opportunity

God The Mechanic

JOL OU... RENE OU... ELLEN PAGE OUT!!!

Toby Ward-Smith

We just didn't want it enough, what a waste

David Allen Crankshaw

Will we ever get a better chance to get to Wembley? I don't think so.

General

you do understand in order for us to have that chance we have to have our own house in order too...?

Rhys Lightning 63

Sheffield United 3 - 1 Forest. FFS!!!

Sammyffc

i never agree with these . you can never predict what could of happened . just because them balls landed where they did today , doesn't mean it would of been the same for us if we was a ball . LUCK of the draw for sheffield . Can never say we would of got the same .

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: Sammyffc on February 16, 2014, 05:03:40 PM
i never agree with these . you can never predict what could of happened . just because them balls landed where they did today , doesn't mean it would of been the same for us if we was a ball . LUCK of the draw for sheffield . Can never say we would of got the same .

Exactly. The fans of every team that failed to get through in matches leading up to Fulham's loss to Sheff Utd will believe they could have got to Wembley.

Wingnut

Just saw this result. If we put in half an effort that night we could be in the last 8 against Wednesday or Charlton at home for a place at Wembley. I hate football, I really do.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Arthur

Aren't teams numbered alphabetically in cup draws? (i.e. No.1: Arsenal, No.16: Wigan.) If so, we would have been a different numbered ball to that which Sheffield United were today.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Arthur on February 16, 2014, 06:27:03 PM
Aren't teams numbered alphabetically in cup draws? (i.e. No.1: Arsenal, No.16: Wigan.) If so, we would have been a different numbered ball to that which Sheffield United were today.

Only when new teams are introduced (like the 3rd round). After that, it's in numerical order of what your match was drawn out of the hat

Herbie

It's all ifs and maybes.  There's no point in worrying about the past and what could have been.  If Forlan was injured for the Europa League final, we might have won it. But he wasn't and we didn't.

Anyway, Man City are still in the competition and will probably win it.

One Martin Thomas

Gutted at the draw. 

Simple facts: we deserved a trip to Wembley, but our players did not ! 

LillieBoy

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on February 16, 2014, 05:34:20 PM
Quote from: Sammyffc on February 16, 2014, 05:03:40 PM

Exactly. The fans of every team that failed to get through in matches leading up to Fulham's loss to Sheff Utd will believe they could have got to Wembley.

I was thinking along these lines too..I don't think time/history works like this.

If we'd beaten SU then everything would be different after that.

You could have won the lottery or broken your leg or anything at all could then happen!
Or not.  Probably.

vagrant

My Norwich supporting friend said to me an hour ago, God if only we'd have beaten you lot.......

LillieBoy

Quote from: vagrant on February 16, 2014, 09:23:48 PM
My Norwich supporting friend said to me an hour ago, God if only we'd have beaten you lot.......

Quite. The draw would have been different.  In a different universe!

BTW I am very impressed by your Aqualung avatar...one of my all-time favourite LPs from a time when it really mattered.

vagrant

:plus one:
Quote from: LillieBoy on February 16, 2014, 09:29:56 PM
Quote from: vagrant on February 16, 2014, 09:23:48 PM

Quite. The draw would have been different.  In a different universe!

BTW I am very impressed by your Aqualung avatar...one of my all-time favourite LPs from a time when it really mattered.

:plus one:

howitis

Since Fayad bought Fulham we have had a number of FA Cup opportunities/kind draws that we have wasted but none worse than this year.

A home draw against a team in relegation trouble in Div 1. We were pathetic that night and Mulunsteen was completely to blame. Not a shot on target and his master plan was subbing a rodallega, keeping faith with Dempsey and pushing Kasami up front. It was a disgrace. 120 mins of utter bull.

The selection and performance was inexcusable. I now see Shef Utd get a kind home draw to make the semi finals. I care about the FA Cup, always have, always will - I wish we had a management team who thought the same.

lamby

And Semi finals is a trip to wembley. I had same thoughts. If he can't get us over a div 1 side at home he won't keep us up.

We were about 5% chance of staying up. Now we are about 30% chance to stay up