watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next Season

Started by K33NY, February 16, 2014, 11:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K33NY

No matter wich league we play, with Magath here I think this team will be more youth minded and offensive, not sure I like the things being said aboout him from hes old players, but I hope that he isnt to nice with the players like maybe certain others where, look where we are now? Maybe dicipline, hard work and strict managerial structure is what we need?

No matter what style he runs, I hope he saves us, and if players get unhappy, well saving us this season is what really matters, I just hope he brings out the best performance in them, who knows our players might actually like him no matter what other say and maybe us as well, I look at this as fresh start!

Bronaldinho

I have a feeling he's going to recall a lot of the more experienced players.

Sadly, I can't see Tunnicliffe or Cole featuring for the rest of the season :( They were Rene's guys and they impressed me.

I just hope he keeps Burn and Heitinga as a partnership.

Dejagah will get a tonne of game-time considering ex-Wolfsburg
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

JackyFulham90

Fresh start for everyone, the players impressing him in training will feature Saturday

westcliff white

Magath will not be buying youth he has a history of using experienced players and making them run up hills. god that sounds like wimbledon from the 80's.

There are some players that should not play, Boatang for instance. we have foufd a method and a team we should stick to it.
Every day is a Fulham day

RaySmith

We don't know what he's going to do, or who he will pick.

He must have access to vids of our past games, and get feedback from those in the coaching staff still in place, and he knows some players personally, and others he knows through international performances.

Reports say he has favoured youth in the past, and there are also positive reports from  players who have worked under him, like Dejagah, as well as negative reports from some - who may have their own agenda.

We should  just give him a chance to see what he can do before criticising.

JBH

Quote from: RaySmith on February 17, 2014, 08:19:14 AM
We don't know what he's going to do, or who he will pick.

He must have access to vids of our past games, and get feedback from those in the coaching staff still in place, and he knows some players personally, and others he knows through international performances.

Reports say he has favoured youth in the past, and there are also positive reports from  players who have worked under him, like Dejagah, as well as negative reports from some - who may have their own agenda.

We should  just give him a chance to see what he can do before criticising.

:plus one: totally agree with you unfortunately some posters on here seem to think they know best.

TonyGilroy

We have no idea how this will pan out or what next season holds.

Magath is an intelligent man who's been successful. This is a new challenge for him and how and what he'll do are complete unknowns.

westcliff white

I am not knocking him, what i am saying when he has been in these situations before he has fsvoured experience over youth, and then bough youth in the following window.

He has vast experience that is for sure and he has won titles, but also never managed outside of germany previously, not that i think thats  a problem, but if you win things at Munich then you would think maybe he would have done so.

I do not profess to be a knowledge on how fuham are run as a club, what Magath is like or to be an "ITK". i am just offering my ponderings on a very confusing few days.
Every day is a Fulham day

Northern Cottager

I was liking the Fulham team that started to play the last 2 games. More compact, well-drilled and quick to counter. Richardson, Tunnicliffe, Holtby, Heitinga, Burn, Stek amongst others were brilliant. I hope he doesn't revert back to the old guard, they've proved to be over the hill and Rene did well to get rid of a few of them in Jan.

Craven Mad

I just hope that Richardson keeps his place - he's be phenomenal lately.

If Felix can get Dejag back to form (all evidence suggests he will), and keeps Richardson in-form, then we get Mitrog in the team too - we will be so, so, so much better in attack. Particularly with Holtby feeding them from 'the hole' in midfield, and shielded by Sid and Kvist.

Tunnicliffe has been good, but didn't offer much going forward (which isn't a surprise, as he isn't a natural winger). I hope he has a place in the squad, but not convinced he'll be in the first 11.