watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WHATS OCCURRING!!!

Started by JBH, February 17, 2014, 11:46:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBH

I have just emailed the following to the club, lets see if they care what we think:

Hi

Is there any danger of the CEO or anyone at the club letting the fans know what exactly is going on with regards to the current manegerial set up at the club because like me most of us are really fed up at the total lack of thought given towards those that pay to watch our team at the cottage.

Let the fans have the truth about whats going on for a change instead of having to pick out information from the press which currently is painting this Great Club in a pretty poor light .

General

the nutflush

Quote from: JBH on February 17, 2014, 11:46:56 AM
I have just emailed the following to the club, lets see if they care what we think:

Hi

Is there any danger of the CEO or anyone at the club letting the fans know what exactly is going on with regards to the current manegerial set up at the club because like me most of us are really fed up at the total lack of thought given towards those that pay to watch our team at the cottage.

Let the fans have the truth about whats going on for a change instead of having to pick out information from the press which currently is painting this Great Club in a pretty poor light .

Spot on.  I wouldn't hold my breath for a reply though.

JBH

Had a reply:

Hi *****

Following the announcement regarding the appointment of Felix Magath as First Team Manager, the Club understands that there is a level of uncertainty regarding the back room staff who will work alongside Felix to ensure this Club remains in the Premier League, and the future of Head Coach Rene Meulensteen. However, it would be Inappropriate to talk about the position of individuals until they have been formally determined. Which at this point they have not.

When this has been agreed a formal statement will be forthcoming through official Club channels. Until such time, anything else that is being reported is pure speculation.

Kind regards
Liam Ketley
Supporter  Relations

Craven Mad

Nice to get a quick response.

In fairness, Magath did say in his interview with Sarah that no decisions will be made until after West Brom; a good choice, in my eyes, as focus needs to be on winning that match. The players need to try and ignore the rumours and get training without distraction.

Thanks for posting your email and the club's response.

JBH

No problem Im just fed up with the rubbish in the press on the subject, hopefully a full statement with be forthcoming soon  049:gif

BishopsParkFantastic

We are approaching one of the most important / significant matches of the season, against WBA - and we will have no staffing structure in place until after the match. That's a good idea!!!  :down_under:

FFC1987

Using that logic, isn't it inappropriate to announce a new member of staff whilst the futures of the current staff is unclear? Seems insensitive but hey, maybe i'm bias as I liked Rene and saw him developing a foundation for the future.

Craven Mad

For me, it implies that Rene is more likely to leave.

If he were staying, the club would announce ASAP - as to avoid upset amongst the players (I assume they like him). However, knowing the likely morale impact from him leaving, I imagine the club are trying not to address the issue before West Brom.

Nothing like a win against a fellow survival-battler to ease the pain of a sacking..

Just a theory, though!

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 17, 2014, 12:27:01 PM
Using that logic, isn't it inappropriate to announce a new member of staff whilst the futures of the current staff is unclear? Seems insensitive but hey, maybe i'm bias as I liked Rene and saw him developing a foundation for the future.

Agree. Would you like to be part of Fulham's 1st team squad just now? I Bet Dempsey is at the airport waiting for a flight home (not that I'm disappointed about that)!

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: Craven Mad on February 17, 2014, 12:34:14 PM

If he were staying, the club would announce ASAP - as to avoid upset amongst the players (I assume they like him). However, knowing the likely morale impact from him leaving, I imagine the club are trying not to address the issue before West Brom.

Nothing like a win against a fellow survival-battler to ease the pain of a sacking..

Just a theory, though!

1    Rene may need convincing
2    There may be no way back after Rene's chat with the BBC on Friday
3    Compo agreement  

Who knows ???

Craven Mad

Quote from: KCat on February 17, 2014, 12:37:37 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on February 17, 2014, 12:34:14 PM

Just a theory, though!

1    Rene may need convincing
2    There may be no way back after Rene's chat with the BBC on Friday
3    Compo agreement   

Who knows ???

Exactly, all speculation.

I probably need to stop adding to the conspiracy theories, though!

alfie

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on February 17, 2014, 12:34:30 PM

Agree. Would you like to be part of Fulham's 1st team squad just now? I Bet Dempsey is at the airport waiting for a flight home (not that I'm disappointed about that)!

Just because we are not being fully briefed what makes you think the players have not been, it is more important they know than us.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

FFC1987

Quote from: alfie on February 17, 2014, 12:45:51 PM

Just because we are not being fully briefed what makes you think the players have not been, it is more important they know than us.

By that logic, if the players know, then the club knows, then they would let us know. Going by the original post.

epsomraver

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 17, 2014, 12:54:36 PM

Why should they? we are just the fans, we don't matter, when will people accept that?

By that logic, if the players know, then the club knows, then they would let us know. Going by the original post.

FFC1987

Quote from: epsomraver on February 17, 2014, 01:31:06 PM

Why should they? we are just the fans, we don't matter, when will people accept that?

I'm not sure what Epsom's added here?

alfie

What i am trying to say is that the players have probably been briefed as to what the club are hoping will happen, whereas we will be the last to know. With the new manager meeting the players over the weekend i would hope he would have outlined a plan that he wants to work to.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Fulham76

I suppose it was decent of them to reply, albeit pretty non committal. It's almost as if they don't know themselves what the hell is going on but of course, they do  079.gif
I tell you what we do know for sure.... The current board are making a right mess of the situation & are coming across completely clueless  :022:

Neil D

Quote from: JBH on February 17, 2014, 12:04:20 PM
Had a reply:
However, it would be Inappropriate to talk about the position of individuals until they have been formally determined. Which at this point they have not.

Kind regards
Liam Ketley
Supporter  Relations

Liam needs to work on his grammar.  'Which at this point they have not' is not a sentence. 

crazycottager

Quote from: JBH on February 17, 2014, 12:04:20 PM
Had a reply:

Hi *****

Following the announcement regarding the appointment of Felix Magath as First Team Manager, the Club understands that there is a level of uncertainty regarding the back room staff who will work alongside Felix to ensure this Club remains in the Premier League, and the future of Head Coach Rene Meulensteen. However, it would be Inappropriate to talk about the position of individuals until they have been formally determined. Which at this point they have not.

When this has been agreed a formal statement will be forthcoming through official Club channels. Until such time, anything else that is being reported is pure speculation.

Kind regards
Liam Ketley
Supporter  Relations

Thank you for the update, very sensible of the board to disguise the decision