more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Game of the Season Tomorrow

Started by LillieBoy, February 17, 2014, 09:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LillieBoy

Man City v Barcelona.

If we want to see how football should be played at the very highest level watch this -  and try and forget our woes for a couple of hours.  [Live on ITV].

Barca are still phenomenal in my eyes.  It's a thing of beauty and how I've always believed football should be played.   :Haynes The Maestro:

Now for the backlash from you lot.... 1500.gif

OHfulhamfan

SouthfieldWhite

You obviously haven't seen my under 7s play, pure football with no big egos :-)

Blanco

I can't stand Barcelona. I think their style of football is extremely boring to watch and I don't like the players. I hope that City win tomorrow.

Berserker

Well I've turned the sound off on itv as can't stand the commentators. I think the final straw came when they said they don't like it up um Captain Mannering
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

fulhamben

Quote from: Blanco on February 17, 2014, 10:43:15 PM
I can't stand Barcelona. I think their style of football is extremely boring to watch and I don't like the players. I hope that City win tomorrow.
spot on. Just watched first half and couldn't believe how boring they are.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Herbie

Quote from: Berserker on February 18, 2014, 08:19:07 PM
Well I've turned the sound off on itv as can't stand the commentators. I think the final straw came when they said they don't like it up um Captain Mannering

Haha, glad it's not just me that has the sound muted for ITV coverage!

Who has rights to the England group games in the World Cup?

grandad

We used to play like Barca with Uncle Woy.
Where there's a will there's a wife

grandad

One piece of magic is all you need. A masterclass.

grandad

Two pieces of magic are even better. Pure class.

jmh

City didn't get beat as badly as Bayer Leverkusen, anyway.  Sheesh.

Sgt Fulham

Red card ruined that tie. Right decision but frustrating.

horse1031

Quote from: grandad on February 18, 2014, 08:47:06 PM
We used to play like Barca with Uncle Woy.

ummmm

playing for 0-0?   079.gif

LillieBoy

Quote from: grandad on February 18, 2014, 09:32:52 PM
Two pieces of magic are even better. Pure class.

The technique, speed of thought and intelligent off-the-ball play are frightening.

Pure class indeed.

Blanco

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 18, 2014, 09:48:44 PM
Red card ruined that tie. Right decision but frustrating.

Disagree. It was a red card but the tackle was outside the box.

grandad

Barca dictated the game from the 1st to last minute. They knew exactly how to play against Man C. They seem to play with no set defenders, MF or strikers. Any of the 10 outfield players can do any job. Most of them have come up from the Academy so they know eachother so well. They make the game into an art form. Everything they do looks so easy.

LillieBoy

Quote from: grandad on February 19, 2014, 08:21:15 AM
Barca dictated the game from the 1st to last minute. They knew exactly how to play against Man C. They seem to play with no set defenders, MF or strikers. Any of the 10 outfield players can do any job. Most of them have come up from the Academy so they know eachother so well. They make the game into an art form. Everything they do looks so easy.

As close to Total Football as we've ever seen.  Still have an inkling for Real Madrid this season though.

Fulham1959

Quote from: fulhamben on February 18, 2014, 08:32:07 PM
Quote from: Blanco on February 17, 2014, 10:43:15 PM
spot on. Just watched first half and couldn't believe how boring they are.

I can't work out whether your comment (Fulham Ben) is genuine or sarcastic.  Possibly the latter.

I agree with Blanco.  A passes to B who passes back to A who passes back to B, ad nauseum.  I'd sooner watch Cowdenbeath play Partick Thistle.  Tricky, as I live in Staffordshire, but Barcelona  -  yuk in terms of exciting football.

Julius Geezer

Every team has their own style of play - they have theirs.

People moan about them being boring but that's madness!

The way Chelsea played against them in both legs of the Champions League 2012 was boring!

If you can't find a way to break them down, then that is the oppositions fault.

They went to one of the best teams in Europe with an exceptional home record last night, and beat them comfortably - nothing wrong with that!

They are beatable - as we've seen - it's about how you counter their possession play!