https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

fighting and bust ups

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, February 18, 2014, 09:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur

Quote from: bulgariawhite on February 18, 2014, 12:08:05 PM
Love your optimism. I am just angry watching things fall apart

I cite West Ham as an example. When they lost to us at the turn of the year and then shipped 11 goals in the space of four days losing to Forest and Manchester City, everything was doom-and-gloom and Big Sam was a less popular figure than ever. The transformation in their fortunes over the past month could not have been foreseen, yet it has surely pacified even the most irate of Irons supporters and brought the 'Alladyce Out' juggernaut to a grinding halt (for the time being, at least).

RaySmith

When West Ham lost to MC in the Cup, soon after losing to us, the media went mad, and now that' s forgotten and Sam is a hero .

Big Martin Jol

Frank Ribery and Arjen Robben genuinely hate each other, but it didn't stop Bayern winning the Champions' League.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

Pluto

Quote from: RaySmith on February 18, 2014, 12:38:35 PM
When West Ham lost to MC in the Cup, soon after losing to us, the media went mad, and now that' s forgotten and Sam is a hero .

Hate them but they've done so well to drag themsleves out of the mess they were in to 11th in the table. They looked dead and buried a few weeks ago.

Admin

Quote from: Pluto on February 18, 2014, 12:44:19 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on February 18, 2014, 12:38:35 PM

Hate them but they've done so well to drag themsleves out of the mess they were in to 11th in the table. They looked dead and buried a few weeks ago.

We know what needs to be done then, and it all started with an away win at Cardiff, the rest followed..

MJG

Happens all the time at clubs. Christ it even happens in my Sunday side, people fall out, tension rises when things are not going well.

HatterDon

Quote from: OldBrownShoe on February 18, 2014, 10:34:49 AM
But the truth is there are bust-ups and fall-outs in most teams/clubs up and down the land from the top clubs to Sunday league sides and even your local pub side.

What he said
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

My source informs me that an argument betwen Sasha and Wilkins in the canteen was food related.
There was only 1 boiled egg and 2 crab cakes left and Sasha pushed infront of Wilkins and
grabbed them.
The well known egg head and sideways player was naturally upset.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

HatterDon

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on February 18, 2014, 03:19:27 PM

My source informs me that an argument betwen Sasha and Wilkins in the canteen was food related.
There was only 1 boiled egg and 2 crab cakes left and Sasha pushed infront of Wilkins and
grabbed them.
The well known egg head and sideways player was naturally upset.

Now you are defo telling porkies
because Sideways-Butch has confirmed that he has
chronic bowel disease ulcerative colitis http://tinyurl.com/pb3emyw  (by @charliesale)
Crab cakes are not part of the diet ...........

jmh

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 18, 2014, 11:25:14 AM
My hunch is...he'll play the old guys again, realise it's not working and in a few months people will say the old guard have let him down. They haven't, there just not up to it anymore and then we'll start doing what Rene started doing. Again, hope im wrong but this seems to be the 'safe' option that managers tend to go for.
From what I've read, this is not Magath's inclination.  For example, this ESPN article from earlier today says that Magath is "a strong believer of bringing in young talent and led Julian Draxler, Joel Matip and Christoph Mortiz to prominence."  It's only the writer's assertion that this is what Magath believes, of course, but it seems that he does give young players a fair shake.  Edin Dzeko was a pivotal player at a young age for Magath's Wolfsburg team that won the Bundesliga a few years ago, as were Diego Benaglio (24 being still pretty young for a goalkeeper), Christian Gentner and Marcel Schafer.  Our own Dejagah played a major role for them in his early 20s as well.  (Riether too but he wasn't really "young" at that point.)  

HatterDon

Julius Geezer

Rene certainly hadn't lost the dressing room - that was pretty obvious.

Players screaming at each other doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing either, it can be a healthy way to get frustrations out.

Maybe René and Brede were rowing over who's the biggest Man Utd fan!