watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Emergency Loans

Started by LillieBoy, February 19, 2014, 10:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LillieBoy

SSN reporting Ravel Morrison to QPR on "an emergency loan".

How the hell does that work?  Thought it was for injured goalies or squads struck down by illness.

But QPR!!??  :dft007:

the nutflush

The emergency is that they are starting to realize that they are not going to get automatic promotion.  They will choke in the playoffs.

Willard

An Emergency Loan is another name for The Redknapp Indulgence.

This is a mechanism for answering the age old question of "How many midfielders does a Harry Redknapp team require?". The answer is seven more than they currently have.

The Indulgence enables the team to bring in the remaining players without recourse to anything else whatsoever.

LillieBoy

Quote from: the nutflush on February 19, 2014, 10:58:35 AM
The emergency is that they are starting to realize that they are not going to get automatic promotion.  They will choke in the playoffs.

But I have a dreadful feeling they will win the play-off final and we'll never hear the end of it.  

All that fake glory for coming THIRD!  Wembley.  Big TV day.  And a Cup.  [Second doesn't get a cup?].

And all that "richest game in the world" crap.  Growl.

:dft007:

elgreenio

Quote from: LillieBoy on February 19, 2014, 10:52:29 AM

How the hell does that work?  Thought it was for injured goalies or squads struck down by illness.

But QPR!!??  :dft007:

emergency loans are the short-term loans (up to 93 days iirc). Emergency loan window is Sept until Nov and also Feb until March
touch my camera through the fence

Nero

how can they need an emergency loan, they have a squad of about 40 players already. Yes but Redknapp admited that they held back doing the deal so he can play in the play off final, would make me so happy for them to miss play offs. I wonder if he'll get the sack if they drop out of the play off places.

LillieBoy

Quote from: Willard on February 19, 2014, 11:03:11 AM
An Emergency Loan is another name for The Redknapp Indulgence.

This is a mechanism for answering the age old question of "How many midfielders does a Harry Redknapp team require?". The answer is seven more than they currently have.

The Indulgence enables the team to bring in the remaining players without recourse to anything else whatsoever.

:54:

I've lost track of loan regs.  Haven't a clue about who can do what between divisions. And so on and so forth.

It seems ever so complicated.   :023:

Julius Geezer

This is why the Parker to QPR rumour is active.

LillieBoy

Quote from: elgreenio on February 19, 2014, 11:05:54 AM
Quote from: LillieBoy on February 19, 2014, 10:52:29 AM

How the hell does that work?  Thought it was for injured goalies or squads struck down by illness.

But QPR!!??  :dft007:

emergency loans are the short-term loans (up to 93 days iirc). Emergency loan window is Sept until Nov and also Feb until March

What about squad sizes?

Can any wealthy team just wait till end of Feb and borrow what they think they need till the end of May?

This whole thing stinks.

LillieBoy

OK been reading about all this.

It's the word "emergency" that's all wrong - should be "short-term".

Here's a pretty good article:

http://thetwounfortunates.com/trading-places-time-to-reform-the-football-leagues-loan-system/

Bedford White

They'll be going to Wonga.com for their next emergency loan

epsomraver

Get a better rate than off 'Arry 064.gif