watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Silly superstitions

Started by Kentish Gent, February 19, 2014, 01:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kentish Gent

Over the years, when Fulham have faced a crisis (like now) I've adopted daft, superstitious habits to try and ward off the worst. For instance,before a crucial game (like WBG on Saturday) I only drink tea or coffee from my FFC mug. What do you do?

grandad

I always put our cats outside at kick off to save them from being launched rugby conversion style.
Where there's a will there's a wife

The Equalizer

I drink 4 pints of ale in The Brick before every game I attend.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

LillieBoy

After 5 years lurking I finally registered for this forum.

Desperate times.... :group hug:

nose

I have so many superstitions you would barely know i do not believe in anything.

In the year of the great escape we took to eating an ice cream crunchie before every game and then when we went away we had to eat sandwiches in the car.  These were 'extras' not the only superstitons....  Oh and all the radios I owned had to be set to Radio London before KO, so that was 94.9 for away games, no matter what we were receiving.

We are off to the game saturday and I am not sure whether to invoke the traditions of 2008 or try and remain adult!

Baszab

Nose - you forgot - avoid me before kick off

nose

Quote from: Baszab on February 19, 2014, 04:23:51 PM
Nose - you forgot - avoid me before kick off

actually that tradition/superstion is wider ranging, I am not allowed to talk to anyone outside my immediate party except the programme seller and the people that sit around us at the ground!

Burt

Before every game I get a bag of chips from Fishers...  :dft011:

No real superstitions actually.

LillieBoy

There's nothing like playing crap and losing to get rid of superstition.

I used to have a lucky Fulham mug but now I avoid it.

The only one I have left is Never Watch Live On TV!  I'd rather win and miss it.

Forever Fulham

I pretend not to care about the outcome before the game starts.  That way, she won't tell me to "grow up".  Oh, wait.  That's not a superstitious behaviour tic.  It's spouse management.

E.I.Adio

whenever i walk along The Thames on the way to home games i always look at the river and say to my son "If the tide's in we're gonna win, if the tide's out there's bit of a doubt" it never works but i still say it.

Southcoastffc

I have to buy a vegetable samosa and a flapjack and eat the samosa, even if I have just had a full meal and irrespective of how hungry or otherwise I am.  It has to be from the corner shop just south of Putney Bridge.  If we play towards the Hammy End first half I know we will lose.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Berserker

I used to have to wear my silver elephant earrings and necklace, buddhist bracelet and orkney finnish beast ring. This season it has made no difference what I wear so I have given up with talismen
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

LillieBoy

Quote from: Berserker on February 19, 2014, 09:45:31 PM
I used to have to wear my silver elephant earrings and necklace, buddhist bracelet and orkney finnish beast ring. This season it has made no difference what I wear so I have given up with talismen

I think that's disgraceful.  Silver elephants are an endangered species.

Berserker

Quote from: LillieBoy on February 19, 2014, 09:47:53 PM

I think that's disgraceful.  Silver elephants are an endangered species.

It's ok they are Balinese not African
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

LillieBoy

Quote from: Berserker on February 19, 2014, 09:50:08 PM
Quote from: LillieBoy on February 19, 2014, 09:47:53 PM

I think that's disgraceful.  Silver elephants are an endangered species.

It's ok they are Balinese not African

Whats an orkney finnish beast?

Sheepskin Junior

Whenever I go to a home game - unfortunately (possibly) few and far between these days - it's the same meal at McDonald's in Hammersmith Station, the same walk to the Cottage, buy the same drinks cartons from the same shop, walk down the same street to the ground. Doesn't make the slightest bit of difference, but I like tradition and I've started to go with my mum more, we don't seem to lose when she's watching.
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507