watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham are far too nice

Started by Admin, February 19, 2014, 01:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Which I feel is set to change under the reign of Khan.

I strongly, strongly believe that his intentions are good for Fulham, and even if we do get relegated this season, his first priority will be to get us straight back up, and make us a much stronger club.

At the moment, all this kafuffle seems to be a mess on the surface, but as I see it, we've been in a mess for the last few seasons, Championship bound even, and Khan is now taking the bull by the horns.

I never bought that Rene' was going to keep us up, if anything, he was a nice guy, but never filled me with any confidence. It was always in the back of my mind that he' get us close to the finish line, but would never physically drag us over it.

As a fan, I'm fed up with Fulham always being a 'nearly' or an 'almost' club, which I'm now confident is going to change. I believe that Khan will improve the club where the fans matter once again, but when it comes to making business decisions, the board will just act upon it with the clubs best intentions at heart.

Yes, we could have been 'Nice' to Rene' & Co. until the end of the season, it would have been the 'Nice' thing to do, but 'Nice' doesn't get you results, nor does it guarantee you success.

I feel confident now that we're doing the right thing, and actually making an attempt to keep this wonderful club where it rightly belongs. For once, I feel confident as a Fulham fan!

Bring on West Brom, bring them all on..   

Classic94

Completely agree. I thought Rene could take us forward in time but this was something he didn't have. He was thrown in at the deep end, but, unfortunately, the results speak for themselves - he simply wasn't delivering. He came across well but Jol too was a 'nice' guy and ultimately failed. Football is a results business and a ruthless one at that. Bottom line is we need wins and Magath's the kind of character you want in a relegation scrap.

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: Admin on February 19, 2014, 01:30:05 PM

I strongly, strongly believe that his intentions are good for Fulham, and even if we do get relegated this season, his first priority will be to get us straight back up, and make us a much stronger club.

At the moment, all this kafuffle seems to be a mess on the surface, but as I see it, we've been in a mess for the last few seasons, Championship bound even, and Khan is now taking the bull by the horns.

I never bought that Rene' was going to keep us up, if anything, he was a nice guy, but never filled me with any confidence. It was always in the back of my mind that he' get us close to the finish line, but would never physically drag us over it.

As a fan, I'm fed up with Fulham always being a 'nearly' or an 'almost' club, which I'm now confident is going to change. I believe that Khan will improve the club where the fans matter once again, but when it comes to making business decisions, the board will just act upon it with the clubs best intentions at heart.

Yes, we could have been 'Nice' to Rene' & Co. until the end of the season, it would have been the 'Nice' thing to do, but 'Nice' doesn't get you results, nor does it guarantee you success.

I feel confident now that we're doing the right thing, and actually making an attempt to keep this wonderful club where it rightly belongs. For once, I feel confident as a Fulham fan!

Continuing the positivity.... German football encourages fans to get involved with their clubs, lower ticket prices and encouraging the fans to become stakeholders in the finances and affairs of their football teams. They have pioneered safe standing areas. If we adopted these principles at Fulham, I'd welcome change.

The Equalizer

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on February 19, 2014, 01:54:57 PM

Continuing the positivity.... German football encourages fans to get involved with their clubs, lower ticket prices and encouraging the fans to become stakeholders in the finances and affairs of their football teams. They have pioneered safe standing areas. If we adopted these principles at Fulham, I'd welcome change.

He's the manager. Not the owner.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Julius Geezer

Take us where though exactly?

I wonder what his ambitions are and how far he is willing to stick it out?

Even if he invests money over time and keeps us steady in the Premier League, we'll still be nice little Fulham.

Under Khan, we need to be increasing the club's stature and start pushing ourselves up the table like a few years ago otherwise we will always be a mediocre, mid-table club.

horse1031

I also agree that Khan has the Fulham family in his best interest.  All the nonsense about selling the team and getting rid of CC and wanting us in the fizzy pop are too much.  Fulham needed a different approach and I think that Felix can bring that.  Roy was our saviour because he put structure, organization, and some hustle into the team.  We were tough to beat and Felix should bring that to Fulham.  Rene liked to attack, probably would have ended up being a decent coach but like many have said he did not have the time.  We need to win and now.  I think it might be too late but we will go down fighting.

BishopsParkFantastic

The Equaliser quote: "He's the manager. Not the owner."

I know. But, I'm trying to keep my spirits up by thinking positively - a German Manager and backroom staff, if successful and enduring, could INFLUENCE what happens off the pitch....

Danitar

Well said admin. Now let's support the team COYW

Lighthouse

It all seems to be an attempt to push us into the side we could have been had we not stopped the financial support once Al decided to sell. I still have doubts that the Cottage will ever be able to support a club with huge ambition. So we will stay little Fulham down by the Thames. But if we could come close to where we were when Hughes left then that would be success.

We will remember the season for all the problems mostly of our own making. If there is a happy, shock ending then Khan will become an instant hero. If not then I fear for our future. At least the last dice has been thrown and the last gamble taken.

How deep will all this kerfuffle go?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

nose

My only issue in all this is Khan made great play of the long term and no knee jerk reactions
In which case the appointment of rene was a bad error if he was the wrong man. The management should have known that and it now looks as if the appointment of rene WAS a knee jerk reaction to Jol, because they had plenty of time to appointment somebody far more suited. 3 managers in one season is clearly not a long term strategy that makes sense.

I actually do not think mr khan is to blame for this. He is clearly very astute and a very good businessman, i presume the board of directors that are running the club muist be in his sights for the close season. That is certainly an area of long term change I would be targetting.