watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hi Folks

Started by albionandy92, February 19, 2014, 02:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

albionandy92

Massive game saturday for both our sides, no two ways about it. We are as desperate for the points as you guys, so i expect a hard fought game. No gripes with FFC, as i suppose most of the league would say. We all know nowadays, we are ticking timebombs for going down with the stupid gulf in money present in the premier league. May the best team win, hopefully it will be us :P I can see the loser of this game being in real trouble, and wouldn't be surprised if it was an edgy affair, perhaps a bore draw. :023:

Julius Geezer

We need the old 'new manager syndrome' to get us through this one otherwise can't see us getting anything!

Your place has been a tough place to go this year - which fares well for a team near the bottom.

I think there's a good chance BOTH sides end up relegated! I hope not though - we're both small clubs with a lot of character.

Predicting a 1-1 draw.

Walsh

Welcome mate, It is a huge game but unfortunately (fortunate for you) I can't see anything but a WBA win... maybe something close to the Hull scoreline... 6-0. I have already accepted that we're relegated I'm just nervous about which players we will get to keep.

Craven Mad

Thanks for popping across. Nice post.

Massive game for both teams. It seems fairly likely that one of us will go down, which seems a shame. Always liked West Brom - if only you could have kept Lukaku for one more season, eh?

As you say, may the best team win - but hopefully it'll be us!

dgnffc

Yes, welcome indeed. It would be good to hear how you think your new manager's doing.

nose

I wish WBA well and hope they finish 4th to bottom, one place at least below us.
Unfortunately, may the best team win is less important than winning. I do not wish to win by foul means, no way but we are owed a couple of flukes or lucky breaks, or deflections, if it has to be that way then it is time good fortune bent our way.   

Burt

Welcome Andy.

Difficult to read this game given all the off-field stuff that has been going on.

Whole new gaffer will pick, what the tactics will be, etc. are a complete mystery so impossible to predict with any certainty.

Huge game though. If we lose and other results go against us too the. We are in danger of being cut adrift...

All the best.

albionandy92

Agreed about one of us for the drop. I think it will be interesting to see how we both respond after our last respective results. I can see you guys giving it a good go as i think Magath will get you fired up for those last 12 games; and I think getting him in charge has been a shrewd move. Give me norwich, cardiff and stoke/west ham going down and you won't see any tears shed! If it's any consolation, we have Yacob out, arguably one of our best players this season. Hammer blow.

Craven Mad

I'm pleased Yacob is out, that'll give Holtby a bit more time/space to breathe.

Cardiff, Stoke and WestHam would not be missed.

Any ideas about how you're likely to lineup without him?

albionandy92

Quote from: Craven Mad on February 19, 2014, 06:14:09 PM

in MF i can see gera mulumbu morrison brunt with thievy and vic up front probably. Got a few options up front, most are average.

Craven Mad

Quote from: albionandy92 on February 19, 2014, 06:30:13 PM

in MF i can see gera mulumbu morrison brunt with thievy and vic up front probably. Got a few options up front, most are average.

Thanks, that's what I thought. Glad to see Gera still getting time, I was always disappointed to see him go.

Shame about your striking situation, as mentioned above - if only you could have kept Lukaku for 1 more year..

albionandy92

Quote from: Craven Mad on February 19, 2014, 06:38:43 PM
Quote from: albionandy92 on February 19, 2014, 06:30:13 PM

Thanks, that's what I thought. Glad to see Gera still getting time, I was always disappointed to see him go.

Shame about your striking situation, as mentioned above - if only you could have kept Lukaku for 1 more year..

How exceptional he was for us last season... Some memorable games; 5-5 at home to united after being 5-2 down. Winning 3 nil at saints, winning most of our home games. Those were the days...  Still, we have been down before, and hopefully if the worst happens we'll be back, there's no other options if you want to compete these days!

hovewhite

Welcome andy,tough game v west brom sat but you look very light up front so it would be nice
To get clean sheet with us scoring to get a 1;0 victory,would like you as well as us to stay up as you look a well run club.

Southcoastffc

If the gods are with us a Zolly o.g. will give us the 3 points...................    079.gif 079.gif 079.gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

MasterHaynes

I hope zolly doesn't come back to haunt us and smash in a last minute goal. I really do not know what to expect, its not just raising the players commitment and belief Magath is sort a team and tactics to turn everything round in a week, some ask against a side that can score against anyone at home

Me-ate-Live, innit??

What both teams  wouldn't do for  the calm and tranquil  Mr Hodgson?????
In the words of Mary Hopkins :  ''Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end''

I hope it is a good game no luck to you for Saturday but best wishes for the rest of the season  

Forever Fulham

Take good care of Gera.  

albionandy92

Hodgson did great things for both our clubs. For you, he guided you into Europe, a moment you can't forget really, and for us, he gave us stability and on top of that, a fantastic away record! Still, the FA came calling like they did with Dan Ashworth and took away our precious hierarchy, now we have a lawyer choosing our new players, with the surname Garlick. What has happened to our game?!

PokerMatt

Quote from: albionandy92 on February 20, 2014, 07:35:21 AM
Hodgson did great things for both our clubs. For you, he guided you into Europe, a moment you can't forget really, and for us, he gave us stability and on top of that, a fantastic away record! Still, the FA came calling like they did with Dan Ashworth and took away our precious hierarchy, now we have a lawyer choosing our new players, with the surname Garlick. What has happened to our game?!

Something stinks, that's for sure.

:Get Coat gif:
Follow me: @mattdjourno

LBNo11

...well I laughed Poker Matt!

In light of the suit picking the players, with a name like Garlick perhaps they should change the name to West Bromwich Allium..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC