watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Big Question Is

Started by Peabody, February 19, 2014, 03:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

If we lose on Saturday, will you all be on here saying how useless the new management team is. Or will you accept that our recovery will take a bit longer than ninety minuets

The Equalizer

If we lose on this weekend I'll be getting very drunk and preparing for Championship football.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Craven Mad

Nope, lose and I want a new manager - NO EXCUSES!

Seriously though, the important games are the last 6.

But a couple of wins in the games against Brom, Newcastle & Cardiff would go a long way..

nose

we shall see what we shall see.

I knew jol was wrong from the first game i saw us play... it was that obvious, other times people flatter to decive

My guess is that whatever the result we will put in a good performance and you can't ask for more than that, no matter what the score!

JackyFulham90

If we lose the game Saturday there will still be 11 games left so will never give up hope but things will look very bleak for us, the fact is that although we need to win Saturday it's more of a MUST NOT LOSE game for us

Burt

The first game is far too early to write a new gaffer off.

I thought it was way too early to write Rene off as well, but the passage of time and a more dispassionate look at the results and performances under him have made me question that.

Andy S

It is a matter of how we play, What we are trying to do and whether it will come off in the premier league. It would be a real disappointment to lose though

fulhams_finest

Quote from: Peabody on February 19, 2014, 03:16:02 PM
If we lose on Saturday, will you all be on here saying how useless the new management team is. Or will you accept that our recovery will take a bit longer than ninety minuets

TRY TELLING THE OWNER THIS!

HatterDon

I'm sure everyone will still support Magritte if we lose on Saturday. After all, look how they supported our manager when we got a point at Old Trafford and were denied a point in the last minute by a penalty against the hottest offense in the league in the very next match.

Besides, if we DO lose, everyone will still be able to blame Sidwell, Parker, Stockdale, and Dempsey -- whether they play or not -- and Alimac and Khan.

As for me ... since I've already accepted that we'll be in the Championship next season, I'll just sit here and go with whatever the club decides. There's a 98% probability that I won't like it, mind you, but they're in the room and I'm not.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

DukeTyrion

Quote from: Burt on February 19, 2014, 04:04:12 PM

I thought it was way too early to write Rene off as well ...

Ditto

MOR :

If we lose then there needs to be drastic changes at Fulham. We can't go on like this, otherwise we'll become the laughing stock of the Premiership.

We need to get in a manager that understands the Premiership. Someone like Terry Neil and also get Jason Koumas and Louis Figo into the Fulham squad asap...

RaySmith

Quote from: Burt on February 19, 2014, 04:04:12 PM
The first game is far too early to write a new gaffer off.

I thought it was way too early to write Rene off as well, but the passage of time and a more dispassionate look at the results and performances under him have made me question that.

I'm the same -even from this short distance Rene's reign seems poor. Yes, we seemed near to turning things round after another defeat through conceding in the last minute -but how many times have we said that under Rene, and the results look terrible....so maybe bringing Magath in was the lesser gamble.

It  had to be done now, if it was going to be done- or else it would be too late.

Time will tell whether or not it was the right decision, but I will still support the team and the new manager , and will still think we have a chance of staying up, even if we lose to Albion.

ffc73

I have accepted that our recovery will take longer than 12 games let alone 90 minutes so no I will not be on here bemoaning the new management team

That does not stop me hoping that I will be celebrating the instant impact they will have and a win, irrespective of performance

jarv

I am just glad Jol has gone. I agree with an earlier post, he was a wrong 'un right from the off. As for now, what will be will be.

NorfolkJim

If they try hard and give it their best shot, and we lose, well I can't complain - but if they come out strolling about like they were out in the park thijking about should they go Seychelles or Maldives this summer, or making no effort because they are having a little sulk at the new manager being a right so and so and demanding they work really hard in training - I'd be less happy
But either way - its too early to tell about the manager so I think any vitriole should be reserved for the players if they deserve it

hovewhite

I'm looking forward to this time next year when I think we will be back on a more enjoyable time for the club and us supporters,probably in the championship.
Of course I will give any new manager my support for the good of our club.
I don't think we will lose at w.brom Saturday by the way.

Herbie

HatterDon

Quote from: MOR : on February 19, 2014, 05:11:11 PM
If we lose then there needs to be drastic changes at Fulham. We can't go on like this, otherwise we'll become the laughing stock of the Premiership.

a bit late for that, I'm afraid
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

filham

Quote from: FFC73 on February 19, 2014, 06:43:07 PM
I have accepted that our recovery will take longer than 12 games let alone 90 minutes so no I will not be on here bemoaning the new management team

That does not stop me hoping that I will be celebrating the instant impact they will have and a win, irrespective of performance

Absolutly, no one can expect Magath to turn this team around immediately. However we all expect a serious championship promotion challenge next season. If we are not in the top four by Christmas he can collect his cards.

Snibbo

I don't want another brave performance, or a battling performance, or a gutsy display, or a 'park the bus but still concede 2 goals' performance. I want at least a point, and I don't care too much how we get it (within the rules). And so on for the rest of the season.