watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Was Magath Ali Mac's first choice?

Started by Moussa Dembele the 3rd, February 19, 2014, 04:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

Do you think Ali Mac wanted to hire Magath back in Novemebr but was convinced by Kahn to let Rene have a shot? Lots of stories were out there that Kahn had met Rene in the US and was very impressed. When things didn't improve and our situation became more and more desperate perhaps he realized he should have listened to those who knew what they were talking about.

Danitar

No as magath has said he was in talks with hamburg to take over from van marwijk and it appeared that talks were breaking down so by the sounds of things to me magaths agent shopped him around Europe and Ali's looked at him and gone might be time for a change in management and he's said yes we will take magath and the rest is history

Skatzoffc

Ha!
Ali Mak knows what he's talking about?
064.gif
Don't make me laugh!

He's the only constant in the long, shambolic decline of the club I've loved and supported for the last two decades.

Give me strength!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

Quote from: Skatzoffc on February 19, 2014, 05:21:58 PM
Ha!
064.gif
Don't make me laugh!

He's the only constant in the long, shambolic decline of the club I've loved and supported for the last two decades.

Give me strength!

I don't know the idea just popped into my head after reading the secret footballer article.

During the Southampton game Ali Mac was sat next to Hodgson and you could tell he was very embarrassed by our performance. Maybe Roy threw some names out there for him to consider

DJinNJ

Ha!
064.gif
Don't make me laugh!

Give me strength!

So you're saying Fulham began to decline in 2008?

Burt

Who knows?

There is a lot of talk on here and elsewhere that if true would require a lot of inside knowledge. Fact of the matter is we do not know the ins and outs of how the club is ran.

We just have to trust that they know what they are doing.... A difficult ask, given what on the outside seems a bit of a shambles...

Skatzoffc

Quote from: DJinNJ on February 19, 2014, 05:39:51 PM
Ha!
064.gif
Don't make me laugh!

Give me strength!

That's not what I said bright boy.
Did you not take comprehension at school?
:doh:
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

DJinNJ

Quote from: Skatzoffc on February 19, 2014, 08:04:46 PM
Quote from: DJinNJ on February 19, 2014, 05:39:51 PM
Ha!
064.gif
Don't make me laugh!

Give me strength!

That's not what I said bright boy.
Did you not take comprehension at school?
:doh:

If you're saying the decline came later than 2008, then there are lots of other constants to point to. And even if he was the only constant, that doesn't mean he must have been the cause. Did you not take logic?

How about rhetoric? My point was that we've done quite well during parts of his time here, and the way it was phrased wasn't meant as a direct refutation of what you literally said, but rather to draw attention to the flaw in your logic that his presence equates to bad things happening at the club. In fact we drastically improved upon his arrival.

All that said, I don't want to come off as a cheerleader for him. Hodgson was already here when he came, and our managerial appointments since then haven't turned out well. And in general the buck should stop with him, so he should shoulder much of the blame for our predicament. But by the same token, you can't write off the successful years we had with him. It's way too simplistic to suggest that Mackintosh is the root of all our problems.

hovewhite

He has played his part to be fair but only part of our demise.

Jack Fulham

I guess he was but we were Magath's second choice. He was trying to engineer a way back to Hamburg.

The Rock

When did Ally Mac join the club? He's been here since Tigana and the earlier MAF days right?

LillieBoy

Quote from: The Rock on February 20, 2014, 12:15:21 AM
When did Ally Mac join the club? He's been here since Tigana and the earlier MAF days right?

Alistair Mackintosh joined Fulham in the summer of 2008.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/shahid-khan/directors

TonyGilroy

None of us have a clue how much responsibility and autonomy Mackintosh has.

Maybe more under Khan than MAF but that's a guess and it may be declining but that's also a guess.