watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

From out of chaos comes order

Started by YoungsBitter, February 19, 2014, 06:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YoungsBitter

There was an interesting interview with Dean Jones of the People on Cottage Talk on Monday. He said that the problem with RM was that he had a plan that didn't work, i.e. it relied on MUFC caliber people, very fast wing driven attacks. It worked in terms of making us more threatening but with the old legs in midfield and exposed at the back we conceded goals but for us as fans it was good to watch vs Man City, Spurs ( both tough losses) Villa and Norwich. Curbs arrives and 3 days later in comes his fellow assistant coach, Wilkins, whose single qualification was that RM liked him when he had met him previously at Chelsea. Then he gets all sorts of advice and they were never able to agree on anything. Ever. Would have meetings, not be able to agree and then the meeting would just fizzle out.
To me that showed in every game from their arrival onwards, no clear strategy, revolving door line ups and the farce against Hull, Sunderland at home and both Sheff Utd games, terrible choices and terrible subs. Its obvious with hindsight and must have been evident to Ali Mac and Khan's guy that RM was out of his depth and was unable to sort the good advice from the bad. The jokes about 'too many cooks' was sadly a reality but we all liked Rene in his pressers and interviews but....
Players will have picked up on it. They did and the arguments started...morale crumbled until new blood arrived.
Magath is going to be very clear about what he wants and players will respect it. He will ensure we do not run out of gas in every game around the 60 minute mark which we have done since last summer. We will go into games with a game plan and he will have back up plans. It will be good to see Fulham have an option for a sub and a change in tactics second half which is different from - "keep doing the same but throw Bent in to the mix", all that RM seemed to be able to do.
Magath will watch every game DVD and so will see the weaknesses and appreciate the good performances. So I am not overly concerned that Burn will just be discarded, regardless of Hangeland's seniority. I think Tunnicliffe, Kvist and Richardson will get selected on merit, or not if Magath and his coaches think/see someone else is better in training in their tactical approach.
I am happy to look forward to some real order come out of the last two month's chaos!
Quark, strangeness and charm

Baszab

Correct analysis - players lost faith in RM quite a few weeks ago - he was not that well liked either - we have a chance but only if all the players pull together