watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The great escape season

Started by JackyFulham90, February 20, 2014, 06:59:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Going in to the last 5 games of the season we were on 24 points from 33 games, 4 wins from the last 5 kept us up.

As important as Saturday's result is the season ends in May keep the faith!! Coyw

grandad

The more points we get now will make it easier at the end of the season.
Where there's a will there's a wife

TonyGilroy

I've said it before and I'll say it again - in every other alternative universe we were relegated in 2008. If we go into the last 5 matches this time on 24 points we're ****ed.

LillieBoy

Here's hope:

On the morning of 26 February 1966, Fulham had just fifteen points from twenty-nine matches. The last thirteen games saw Fulham win nine and draw two to reach safety.

An even more amazing escape...

Roberty

In the Hodgson era players did as they were told and there was a philosophy that practice makes perfect.
This seems to be the Magath method - so is it any surprise that our owners have gone back to it.
He was always referred to as Uncle Roy and never seen as "one of the boys" or a buddy.

So where there is a will there's a way and where there is a way there is HOPE.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

MJG

Quote from: TonyGilroy on February 20, 2014, 08:47:34 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again - in every other alternative universe we were relegated in 2008. If we go into the last 5 matches this time on 24 points we're ****ed.
Id agree with Tony, Derby had already taken 1 slot (while we are now the bottom team) and also Reading are really the only team that has fallen like a stone and got relegated in the last 3rd of a season.

Tonywa

Quote from: LillieBoy on February 20, 2014, 09:00:02 AM

Here's hope:

On the morning of 26 February 1966, Fulham had just fifteen points from twenty-nine matches. The last thirteen games saw Fulham win nine and draw two to reach safety.

Hallelujah.  That was the REAL great escape in that we were way, way behind and the subsequent results were remarkable over a long period not just half-a-dozen matches. It all changed when Dave Sexton became coach and instilled a belief in the side which had previously been lacking.  

LillieBoy

Quote from: Tonywa on February 20, 2014, 09:24:00 AM
Quote from: LillieBoy on February 20, 2014, 09:00:02 AM

Here's hope:

Hallelujah.  That was the REAL great escape in that we were way, way behind and the subsequent results were remarkable over a long period not just half-a-dozen matches. It all changed when Dave Sexton became coach and instilled a belief in the side which had previously been lacking.  

:54:

Exactly.  Remember it [quite] well as a boy.   092.gif

It's why, in our hour of need, I registered and chose this particular moniker!