News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Under 18's and 21's are they the future for Fulham???

Started by JBH, February 20, 2014, 07:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBH

If we are relegated how many of you on here would be willing for the club to play the 16 - 21 year olds in the championship even if it means that we don't have a chance to get promoted into the Premiership for at least 5 years???

JackyFulham90

If we stay up then I expect to see Dembele,  Tankovic & David to make the breakthrough next year to be regular starters.

If we go down a lot more will be able to come in & get regular football for us but still be good enough to be pushing near the top.

The likes of Etheridge, Passley, Grimmer, Christensen,  Mesca, Roberts, Trotta

grandad

Problem is that the "big boys" will come sniffing around no matter what division we are in. They will lure them with talk of playing in the Champions League. They will go & never be seen again. It is the way these clubs try & stop other "big clubs" from getting their hands on them.
You only have to see in the gossip columns that these clubs are linked with every player with 2 feet. That´s the way it is & will be the way of the future.
Where there's a will there's a wife

JBH

Good comments but you didn't answer the actual question asked

SouthfieldWhite

The Championship is a tough and unforgiving league, I don't think you can have a team full of the present u21s and u18s in it, you will still have to have a handful of more experienced senior pros, but I do believe the youngsters will get a longer run in the team.

Fair play to Rene for trying to bring the youngsters through and given playing time, I believe a number of our youngsters stand a good chance of making it at the top level

MasterHaynes

In the championship I think Tankovic, David,Minkwtz,Christensen, Passeley, Arthurworrey, Grimmer, Kavanagh, Richards, Brister should definitely be promoted to the first team squad(if they haven't already) and be given the opportunities to shine in games, allow them to compete against each other and the seniors for a position in the team.
You then have Donnelly, Roberts,Dembele, Rhodes, Hyndman, Williams and Sambou who will all progress through to the U21's and predict all have bright futures at Fulham. I would trust in Hugh and the boys to gauge when to step them up and intorduced in championship games from the bench. I don't believe any off them would cope well playing week in week out in what is a strong and physical league but bringing them on next season(as the staff have done this season bringing them in to the U21's) with the aim of them making the squad for the following season.

Another tangible positive that this batch of players has is that there are a number of natural leaders and real competitors(just like Dan burn)with an ingrained mentality and experience of always winning which will put to rest the reputation of Fulham being a soft touch.

ps. haven't seen enough of Cole,Tunnicliffe & Mesca playing to compare with the players to make a judgement though Tunnicliffe has earnt the right for consideration with his two displays but it was strange that he was sent straight into the U21's on Magaths arrival yet Tankovic was kept in the first team squad?

SG

If you read the loan reviews that Grimmer, Arthurworry and Betinelli are already getting at their young age and their relative levels of inexperience then these 3 are going to make it. It would seem that their attitude is also top notch - they want to play, gain experience and come back better players.

Pluto

No simply because if we're in the Championship for 5 years and these youngsters are any good we won't be keeping hold of them.

epsomraver

Got beaten by a better Championship side the other night so why do people think that because we drop down they will all be out the gate?, they are more chances to playing and exposure time with a smaller club. How many of Chelseas U21's ever come through in the last few years, ONE

SG

From the Accrington Forum on their game on Tues night -
Bettinelli was superb and got better and better the longer the game went on. One of the lads who stands near me said that Betts will play for England one day and I think he could be right! One save he did from a header, albeit from a player given offside, was simply immense and reminded me of the great save that Banks did from Pele all those years ago! He fully deserved the accolades of the fans in the Clayton End, definitely Man of the Match!

Bettinelli had an outstanding game not only in making point-blank saves but in commanding his area and organising the defence. By far and away the clear Man of the Match.