watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

MAGATH PRESS CONFERENCE NOTES

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, February 20, 2014, 01:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

Felix Magath: "I want to thank Mr Khan and Mr Mackintosh for giving me the opportunity to manage such a famous and traditional club."

FM: "We are in a very serious situation but I'm sure that we can avoid relegation with this team. We have a good atmosphere at the Club."

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter
Magath speaking in English, sipping herbal tea. "Now's not the time to dream; we have to fight against relegation.'' Mackintosh listening in

Magath hopes to call on his experience from a variety of situations in Germany, and mentions that he has never been relegated

Asked if he's a tough guy, Magath states: "No, I'm a nice guy!"

FM: "We must stay together, work together and fight together. That's the only way to move up."

Magath's English is pretty good. Occasional slip. On team-building: "I have to put elf players together" *eleven*

Magath on Meulensteen/Curbishley/Wilkins. "I was sacked a few times also. If you want to change the atmosphere, you have to do it now'

Our Manager describes Kostas Mitroglou as an extraordinary goal scorer, but wouldn't comment on his inclusion at West Brom on Saturday

"Fulham have not won for weeks so the most important thing is three points in the next game."

Magath is targeting six wins from our remaining matches as Fulham bid to avoid the drop

Magath says #ffc players "bit surprised" to be brought back early for training. That's the Magath way but he plays down tyrant reputation

"You can smell the history here. It feels like coming home. I'm very, very glad to be here. I want to stay here for years."

Magath: "We have too many players here. I have to cut down the number of players in the team"
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Sammyffc

i was loving the

what do you think of the new players from january ?

'' i dont care . i dont care if you've been here 20 years , 20 months , 2 months , you need to perform and show me what you have '' hahaha brilliant

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Sammyffc on February 20, 2014, 01:41:01 PM
i was loving the

what do you think of the new players from january ?

'' i dont care . i dont care if you've been here 20 years , 20 months , 2 months , you need to perform and show me what you have '' hahaha brilliant

Oh Wow, very straight to the point but also very valid!

L-Wizzy

Twitter: @officialslimwiz

Rhys Lightning 63

Very interesting to hear him say we have too many players. Always thought we had a very small squad (compared to the others). Be interesting to see which players do and don't make it

Rhys Lightning 63

Felix saying exactly the right things. But then so did Rene, Shahid, Jol and Hughes

cmg

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on February 20, 2014, 01:57:17 PM
Very interesting to hear him say we have too many players. Always thought we had a very small squad (compared to the others). Be interesting to see which players do and don't make it

That'll stick a firecracker up a few jackseys.

BedsFFC

He actually says we have too many players in the team. I disagree. I think we should play a 6 - 6 - 4. I might put an extra player in front of back 6 just to shore it up.

I actually think 18 players in the team would give us a chance of 3 points. Then, I'm no manager.

L-Wizzy

Felix
Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on February 20, 2014, 02:00:15 PM
Felix saying exactly the right things. But then so did Rene, Shahid, Jol and Hughes
i agree with you there, but you can tell when someone knows what they are doing, he is saying it with authority, he doesnt sugar coat nothing like past managers did, he answered the questions directly and not taking the answer off topic.
Twitter: @officialslimwiz

aFFCn_Fan

This line made it for me
"I have to put elf players together"
Felix Ma-Gandalf.

"Thou Shall Pass"
@hincharoo

MichaelFFC

General

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on February 20, 2014, 02:00:15 PM

Rene didn't say the right things... I'm sorry, he was a nice guy but he clearly didn't say anything clear about the teams structure etc. he was just happy to be given a chance and took it for granted.

I like Magaths honesty.

General

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on February 20, 2014, 01:57:17 PM

I think it's because we've brought in more of our youth setup into the squad - do be honest, aren't we meant to have two players in each position? Sidwell, Tunnicliffe, Karagounis, Kvist, Parker, Boateng, then you could possibly put in Tankovic (AM), Holtby and Dempsey (better position)... 9 players for four spaces?

I'm all for competition - but that amount of competition could be damn confusing - how are you going to keep gauging that? Also Rene never really settled with a starting 11, which is a bit odd as you'd expect again, that would be a way to improve results.

Then for winger positions - Dejagah, Larnell Cole, Duff, Kaka, Kasami?, Mesca (is on first team sheet list). (this is arguably our weak link here)

Then you could put in Rodallega on the wing.

Up front we're very weak - Mitroglu and Bent and Rodallega (who I don't rate).

ron

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on February 20, 2014, 01:33:30 PM

Magath's English is pretty good. Occasional slip. On team-building: "I have to put elf players together" *eleven*

Well, he said he wanted a smaller squad....and everyone seems to think we are a small club....

jmh

Quote from: BedsFFC on February 20, 2014, 02:08:46 PM
He actually says we have too many players in the team. I disagree. I think we should play a 6 - 6 - 4. I might put an extra player in front of back 6 just to shore it up.

I actually think 18 players in the team would give us a chance of 3 points. Then, I'm no manager.
064.gif

Julius Geezer

I think "too many players" is a more professional way of saying "too many shít players".

Parkway Drive

Quote from: Julius Geezer on February 20, 2014, 05:32:32 PM
I think "too many players" is a more professional way of saying "too many shít players".

Haha this  :plus one:

copthornemike

Quote from: aFFCn_Fan on February 20, 2014, 02:40:58 PM
This line made it for me
"I have to put elf players together"
Felix Ma-Gandalf.

"Thou Shall Pass"

New chant - Come on you elves?  049:gif

Me-ate-Live, innit??

God !!! I do love his glasses ....vorsprung durch technik
Good man wearing  a  black and ..........whitish  tie
got the measure of the  guy from Sky