watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

i miss Europa nights

Started by sunburywhite, February 20, 2014, 08:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

BigNigeBowds

sadly i never got to go to one as i was at uni in manchester at the time. Used to love rocking the shirt down the pub though when we were on tv up there
'Hamburg host the final, Fulham play in it'

@SamBowdenFFC

Pluto

Wish it was us watching our lads play the likes of Higuain and Hamsik at the cottage right now

LBNo11

...yes, I miss the whole experience, of watching a proper team with a proper manager playing proper football, magical nights, destroyed, like the rest of the club by Jol...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

epsomraver

Quote from: LBNo11 on February 20, 2014, 10:17:13 PM
...yes, I miss the whole experience, of watching a proper team with a proper manager playing proper football, magical nights, destroyed, like the rest of the club by Jol...

:plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one:

jms

Best time ever in watching the whites ....and I've been watching since the late 50s. :wine:
Never expected to enjoy watching Euro teams, but the games were exciting, atmospheric and the team seemed to thrive.
Happy days. 049:gif

nose

i miss europe... it was a real highlight

ScalleysDad

Scalley was based in Cheltenham at the time so it was sneaking out of work at about 2, tear up the M5 to pick her up, munchies along the M4, find somewhere to park, swift half, game, M4 and Cheltenham for about 1am and then home by 3 to be wasted at work on Friday. Too flippin right I miss those games.

David Allen Crankshaw

It was the trips to Europe that I enjoyed most. Each match night usually became a four day mini-break.

NorfolkJim

Absolutely I miss them - I nearly tear up on a Thursday thinking "That should be us". That's why I tried to get to as many of them as I could, wherever they were - most clubs fans will never get the chance and supporting Fulham at 50, neither might I - it was great to get to a lot of places I'd otherwise never have even thought to visit. Vilnius, Wolfsburg, Donetsk, Odense - but I was lucky in the arrangement of my work - I only had to beg time off for the final. Not sure I could get away with it now.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: NorfolkJim on February 21, 2014, 07:28:51 AM
Absolutely I miss them - I nearly tear up on a Thursday thinking "That should be us". That's why I tried to get to as many of them as I could, wherever they were - most clubs fans will never get the chance and supporting Fulham at 50, neither might I - it was great to get to a lot of places I'd otherwise never have even thought to visit. Vilnius, Wolfsburg, Donetsk, Odense - but I was lucky in the arrangement of my work - I only had to beg time off for the final. Not sure I could get away with it now.

I think I got away with slipping away and being 'otherwise engaged' because so many people were going along with the adventure. I would get a chorus of the 'zamorra' chant from across the yard and some hard noses owned up to getting emotional with some of the commentaries. After the "tidal wave on the Thames" I had so many texts and emails from long term strangers many a reunion was to follow. Of course Anfield applauded as one when our result came through before theirs so they are not all tricky so and so's. The spontaneous round of applause we got when we walked into the Mad Bear and Bishop at Paddington at about tea time on the Friday after Hamburg, very tired and smelly, was amazing. Great times.
Sadly all gone. I cannot bribe people to come up these days

JBH

Really miss the games and the travel but my bank balance is certainly a lot healthier than it was during the run to the final, saying that it was worth every penny even getting is stuck in Basel for 2 more days due to snow was a great if expensive experience!!!

wolfie

Julius Geezer

Have to admit - I was envious of Swansea and their fans last night.

It's like they're experiencing what we went through - amazing nights!

K33NY

Europa nights... such a sweet time with big smiles and even tears! I miss it so much and I generally miss the Hodgson times but maybe Felix can get us there some day if he is here for a longer time ;)