News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?

Started by The Rock, February 21, 2014, 12:20:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

And I Magath can walk the walk. No one has really played his teams - all German. All European and diverse sorta like Roy. Maybe we met in Europe. No one knows what to expect, except from past set ups. And, he has an underperforming squad with potential. He said we'll stay up. Advantage Magath. Walk the walk.

Bassey the warrior

Good point. I was won over by Rene saying the right things and early on Jol too. It clouded my vision, I gave them the benefit of the doubt when I ought to have been more critical. I'll reserve judgement on Felix, let results and performances speak for themselves.

Fernhurst

It's gonna be a stretch for us to think a full twelve months of underperformance can be turned around on Saturday.

Lets all stick together and wear our optimistic hats.

Good luck Mr Magath, drag those three points over the line.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

PokerMatt

Quote from: The Moose on February 21, 2014, 12:30:37 AM
Good point. I was won over by Rene saying the right things and early on Jol too. It clouded my vision, I gave them the benefit of the doubt when I ought to have been more critical. I'll reserve judgement on Felix, let results and performances speak for themselves.

I was guilty of the same.

Was furious when I heard Rene was being replaced but having now had nearly a week to consider it this is the last throw of the dice that had to be made. It would be a miracle if Felix saves us, but there's little doubt in my mind that his approach, rather than Rene's (alleged) lads' club, is the way to go about it.

Whether that translates is, as you say, another matter. But here's hoping.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

RidgeRider

It's too bad that Ali Mac wasn't reading this board when Finnster01 was RANTING about how Jol would ruin our club, when he was being considered for the managers position.

Berserker

Mind you I could never understand why Finn hated Jol so much. He didn't have a bad reputation at that stage, and hadn't done anything particularly bad at Fulham by then
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

How can you have forgotton....................... We knew he was a lying s$it in the summer of 2010,  he made Alister look like a twit and He used us as leverage at Ajax 

Fulham had been optimistic about securing Jol's services as he had agreed his personal terms on a three-year contract at Craven Cottage but the stumbling block all along was Ajax's refusal to entertain negotiations for his release. Although a meeting was held among the Ajax hierarchy, Jol and Mackintosh in Amsterdam on Wednesday night, which ran deep into the early hours and at which Jol is believed to have urged the club to release him, Ajax remained steadfast. The 54-year-old did not want to walk out on his contract at the Dutch club as he might have opened himself up to being sued.

"I was probably a bit disappointed I had to say 'No' to Fulham because the board don't want to let me go under any circumstances," Jol said.

"Alistair Mackintosh was offering a good job at a good club with good players – good, honest players – and I was willing to go there but I am under contract. I had to tell Fulham that I had to stay. All the problems, going to court, I didn't want that because Ajax is too big to be put through that misery."

There was the feeling that although Ajax might now have a slightly disgruntled manager in charge, they could not bear to lose him to a smaller club, in the form of Fulham, who have virtually no standing in the Netherlands. Dutch pride was at stake.

Jol has been in dispute with Ajax over finance for squad re-strengthening and the club, which has announced losses of €20m (£16.8m), have made an attempt to offer him some small concessions. Fulham, though, do not feel that Jol has used their interest in him to serve his own ends at Ajax.

"When we commenced negotiations with Martin Jol," said Fulham, in a statement, "we were informed that an exit clause existed in his contract with Ajax. Subsequent negotiations revealed that the clause was no longer valid and Ajax remained steadfast in their desire to keep their manager.

"Although we had agreed personal terms with Martin Jol, Ajax were not willing to allow him to leave under any circumstances, and have held him to the terms of the contract he signed last summer."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/jul/22/sven-goran-eriksson-fulham-martin-jol-ottmar-hitzfeld