watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is there still hope in this world - John 3:16

Started by Roberty, February 21, 2014, 11:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberty

I was wondering what Kieran Richardson wanted everyone to see when he got a yellow card for removing his shirt after he'd scored against Liverpool

They have an interview with him on the clubs website and there is a photo that shows the he had -JOHN 3:16 - printed on his under-shirt

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/february/21/kierans-albion-reunion

To save you having to Google it:- "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

I just hope that he is right and that this is the start of a goal rush from him.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

F(f)CUK

Often seen behind the posts during field goals (worth 3pts) in American Football games.  If we can follow this and also get three points I will be happy.

Lighthouse

I have informed the Mods of your overly religious post  :005:

No not really. Although we have has this mentioned before, I do wish he would wait until after the match is over before flashing the shirt. Still he has played very well in the last couple of games in a more advanced role. Hope he keeps his place.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HillFace

Kieran 3:16 says he just kicked yo ass.    075.gif
The above may be nonsense

Berserker

Can't see in the grand scheme of things, if god exists that is, he would be that bothered about a team winning a football match, but you never know, and if it has a good affect on Keiran all well and good
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Neil D

Quote from: Roberty on February 21, 2014, 11:07:15 AM

To save you having to Google it:- "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Some 'everlasting life' in the Premier League would do for me or even just another year.  Apart from that, the message was not worth a yellow card so he should be fined for a display of arrant nonsense.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Kieran must have ment John 3:6  ........................... it is the only one that makes any sence

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

The God-bawlers like to do a smigin of preaching ..................in particular the ones that come to the alter later than others  :Get Coat gif:

TonyGilroy

RaySmith

We had to learn that at primary school in the 60s - the whole thing, and there is quite a lot more - and that was just an ordinary school in south east London.

But I don't care if Kieran keeps scoring, though I think Magath might be concerned about the yellow cards. Maybe he could show his  message after the final whistle.

I hope he keeps playing the way he has in recent games, anyway -he's been brilliant.

The Old Count

God is a Fulham supporter but is very careful not show any bias like nudging the odd deflection away from our goal.

FPT

Quote from: HillFace on February 21, 2014, 12:14:50 PM
Kieran 3:16 says he just kicked yo ass.    075.gif

064.gif Give me a hell yeah.

nose

i hate the players taking off their shirts after a goal,it striks me as really pathetic in the proper sense of the word. In life who takes off their shirt after achieving something. Worse still the player gets booked for the action thus diminishing his activities after the goal, richardson will be bound to need to make tackels even when in midfield.
In fact i loath most of the choreographed celbrations, their are childish and stupid, it seems to me the players have way to much time on their hands to think up this rubbish!

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: nose on February 21, 2014, 01:35:51 PM
i hate the players taking off their shirts after a goal,it striks me as really pathetic in the proper sense of the word. In life who takes off their shirt after achieving something. Worse still the player gets booked for the action thus diminishing his activities after the goal, richardson will be bound to need to make tackels even when in midfield.
In fact i loath most of the choreographed celbrations, their are childish and stupid, it seems to me the players have way to much time on their hands to think up this rubbish!

Well NOSE,  if the amazing, Super Dooper Stevie G can do it, I would not be so hard on our lad.
I agree with you re the celebrations  ........in particular Sturrage. All that pointing and praying, I would REALLY  love to be close enough  with a cattle prod that had a full charge, when he starts that crap !!!

Aversion Therepy Works

HatterDon

I agree [what? AGAIN?]

The ripping off the shirt is as self-aggrandizing as using the thumbs to point at his name of the back of the shirt. It should be all about the team and not the individual.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Wasn't Pope John a Fulham supporter ?
Regular in the enclosure I heard, drank creme de menthe at half time, or was it VAT69 ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

David Allen Crankshaw

Quite happy to see Kieran show his message but he just needs to lift his shirt up and not take it off. I would imagine that this would avoid a yellow card.

nose

Quote from: HatterDon on February 21, 2014, 01:52:38 PM

I agree [what? AGAIN?]

The ripping off the shirt is as self-aggrandizing as using the thumbs to point at his name of the back of the shirt. It should be all about the team and not the individual.

Be careful it could be habit forming...
By the way did i ever say when i was about 10 or 11 i played the mad hatter, and my wife to be was Alice, although at the time we didn't know how things would turn out.....  just thought i'd mention it!

FPT

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on February 21, 2014, 03:13:49 PM
Quite happy to see Kieran show his message but he just needs to lift his shirt up and not take it off. I would imagine that this would avoid a yellow card.

It wouldn't.

Neil D

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on February 21, 2014, 03:01:44 PM

Wasn't Pope John a Fulham supporter ?
Regular in the enclosure I heard, drank creme de menthe at half time, or was it VAT69 ?
What Pope John XXIII or one of his 22 predecessors?  It was probably communion wine anyway.

terryr