more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Age and Replica Shirts?

Started by Berserker, February 21, 2014, 06:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Quote from: Alternative on February 22, 2014, 09:34:57 AM
How many people have noticed the old bloke with the huge arse that wears the shirt AND shorts to home games?

Do you mind  , that was because it was warm that day   :021:I asked the Missus if my bum looked big in them, I think when she had stopped laughing she said yes!

Fulham1959

The only one I would consider buying would be a 1960's one.  The ones with sponsor's names on them do not appeal in the slightest.  The only name I would want on a shirt would be Fulham F.C.

Also depends on a team's colours.  White, generally, is acceptable but grown men wearing red and white stripes (I live in Stoke), whether on match days or in a pub, look like prats.

At Stoke's final home match in their 1963 promotion season, we all ran onto the pitch at the end and then could recognise the players (who had gone up into the directors' box) because they were wearing red and white stripes.  Fast forward to 1993 (I think), same scenario, and nearly everyone who was still in the ground had the same shirts on  -  so it was mighty difficult to spot the players !

I'm 66, and so maybe that explains a lot !

FPT

Quote from: Alternative on February 22, 2014, 09:34:57 AM
How many people have noticed the old bloke with the huge arse that wears the shirt AND shorts to home games?

In the Hammy End? If so, I sat about 10-15 rows behind him...

SouthfieldWhite

I've also seen an Arsenal fan when we've played there turn up in top shorts socks and trainers, and he's got to be over 40

Berserker

I saw a guy with the total bright green goal keeper's ensemble, over his normal cloths, in the Putney end. Sorry if i've insulted any posters on here if it was you
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Aaron

Wearing the appropriate shirt (home or away) on game day is fine by me regardless of your age, gender, waist size or whatever. 

Day to day out in public wearing is a little silly.

One Martin Thomas

New home shirt got its first wash today and the sponsor started to come off !  Never happened on my Vandanel GMB shirt !

I'm 36 and have moved from exposing the shirts to a dignified adidas fleece.

rockieroad

I'm relaxing in a jersey right now. The newest Atletico Madrid jersey. I guess its different in America. No one really cares about stuff like that here.

Bedford White

I have worn my shirts to home and away matches, but I don't where them at any other times but does it matter?

Example - I went to Tesco on a July afternoon last year, and there was a guy 30/35ish doing the weekly shop in a full Chelsea kit, I scoffed w*****r under my breath. Saw him again later, loading is shopping into his brand new Audi Q7, as his rather beautiful girlfriend/wife got into the passenger seat! Needless to say my self satisfied feelings of superiority rapidly evaporated as I drove away in my tired old Skoda Octavia.

The moral is Never judge a book by its cover.