watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Age and Replica Shirts?

Started by Berserker, February 21, 2014, 06:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

At what age do you look daft wearing a replica shirt to matches?

I don't mean the full kit, goal keepers full kit included, which is daft over 12 yrs, but has been seen in Putney end recently, but just  the shirt
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Shredhead

N+1, where N = your age.
It's the same formula for the ideal number of bikes or surfboards, where N = the number you have at the moment.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Berserker

I might put that theory into practice with my motorbike. Mind it's always been a bit big since I bought it TBH
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

terryr

It depends
If you dance in front of the window at night in away kit....that's daft.
Home Kit is OK.
Out in public, if you're over 16 then you're daft.
I'm daft

leonffc

15. 14 with a 'heroes' name on the back  :dft001:

Personally I wouldn't be seen dead in one, but its all down to personal choice. A few mates wear them and wear them well, fair play to them, it's just not me!
It does make my brain hurt wondering why a grown man would have the name of a player on his back though.

My son cracked up a few weeks ago when he saw a bloke with a new Dempsey shirt on. "Dad, he's only here for 2 months  064.gif"

Sgt Fulham

However old you want. If people judge you for wearing a replica shirt to a game then that's their problem, not yours.

epsomraver

You need a real good beer belly hanging over the trousers to get the right effect 064.gif

Rhys Lightning 63

I tend to wear nothing but sports shirts when I'm out and about. I've kept all my shirts from over the years for that purpose (with the exception of my McBride shirt in 06/07, which is kept for special occasions).

It does tend to be a good conversation starter for me (mainly due to the having Rhys Lightning on the back)
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

FPT

I'd say when you have to start putting X's on the shirt size... Apologies to all you big guys.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: FPT on February 21, 2014, 11:51:51 PM
I'd say when you have to start putting X's on the shirt size... Apologies to all you big guys.

Pretty sure that rules out half the players
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Scrumpy

English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

OldBrownShoe

Probably 80. (Another fourteen years to go!) Mind you by that age I would have stopped from going out anywhere or my number may have been called in.

Of the small selection I have my favourite is still my Fulham Rugby League top.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

HatterDon

I'm 67 and wear replica shirts in my living room watching matches on TV. I've got a gig a few hours after the match and -- win, lost or draw -- I'll wear a Fulham shirt to the performance.

Old people don't give a toss what other people think.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

leonffc

Quote from: epsomraver on February 21, 2014, 11:11:42 PM
You need a real good beer belly hanging over the trousers to get the right effect 064.gif

You're still mentally scarred from the Kappa era I see

Sammyffc

think theres a stage in a mans life you have to take that leap and switch over to the emblem polo  :005:

CorkCity

I never knew this was an issue, I'm 50 and always wear a replica shirt to games.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

PokerMatt

I wear one when I'm doing exercise in my own home. Perhaps for big games on tele.

I think the only occasion it's remotely acceptable to wear one in public as a full grown man is at the game. And even then I'll probably wear an extra layer on top until I get there if I wear one.

Can't stand seeing husbands, fathers and professional men looking like the idiot Englishman abroad in his replica shirt just roaming the street.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

SouthfieldWhite

Never been one for wearing replica shirts, wore them when I was younger and on holiday, but that's about it.

Up to the individual if they wear them when they are older, but I'm with Leon, anyone over a certain age who has a name on the back, well lets just say I don't think it's a good look, just like anyone over 25 who plays play station all the time ;-)

CorkCity

It also adds great banter at away games when you are drinking in a "home supporters" pub.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Alternative

How many people have noticed the old bloke with the huge arse that wears the shirt AND shorts to home games?