Main Menu

On a much, much brighter note...1 point is better than 3 other teams

Started by ChesterTheTabby, February 22, 2014, 05:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas White

Quote from: Northern Cottager on February 22, 2014, 05:22:07 PM
Quote from: maoconnor on February 22, 2014, 05:19:47 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on February 22, 2014, 05:12:54 PM
Seriously, where do you see at least 5 wins coming from?

I thought I was miserable.....  sad we threw it away. But its always the last 20. Old age and fitness. Bought on the wrong greek in my humble oppinion.

:wine: is whats needed this evening.

Denver Fulham

Our schedule is such that 10 points from the final five is quite possible. We just need to find a way to get 6-7 more from the next six before that. I wouldn't be thrilled to be on 27 points with five matches left, but that's the way our schedule breaks.

We're still in this. Norwich's final four matches are brutal, CP's remaining home matches are dreadful. It was a bummer to drop two points late today, but not losing that match keeps WBA in the drop mix, too, as far as we're concerned. At some point, we're going to have to close out matches and get the full points, and time is starting to run short on that mission.

Lighthouse

In the last two matches we could and should have had 4 points more but for bad defending and refusal to actually bother to turn up for the second half again.

We need a change in luck and attitude.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

alfie

Quote from: Northern Cottager on February 22, 2014, 05:12:54 PM
Seriously, where do you see at least 5 wins coming from?

We have Everton, Man City and Chelsea in there as well as an away game at Stoke amongst others... We don't have a chance, today's as our chance to make a move up there ague and we rolled over, again.

It is not a question of where we see the wins, after all no one thought we would get anything at Utd, anything and everything can happen in a game.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Wingnut

Quote from: Aaron on February 22, 2014, 05:56:57 PM
I can't remember how the fixture list looked for those around us during the great escape, but March is going to be a horrible, horrible month for us as even if we do pull out a couple of surprises we're highly unlikely to make any headway on closing the gap.

It is a horrible run of fixtures but we can still take some points from them. Cardiff is a must win game, end of story. Anything less than three points from that and the game is up. After that, I fancy us to do Newcastle. They can be very hit and miss. A win against them is a definitely possibility. Anything from the Everton, Chelsea and City games would be a bonus.

Outside of that I think we must win the games against Norwich, Hull and Palace and get a point from Villa and Stoke.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.