Yes, I know it was his first match, but Kostas Mitroglou:
can't run
can't jump
can't hold and distribute
can't keep possession
looks petulant
looks lost, BUT
has a devilish beard
The man is NOT an upgrade on Bent. Now he will get more fit and he will look more at home, but he gave no evidence of moving or thinking quickly enough to make a difference for us.

Hmm. I wonder how he scored all those goals in the Champions League if he is such rubbish? Maybe he needs some support which was non-existent when Kostas was on? 

There's a Yank named Sasha Kjlestian who has scored fairly regularly in the Champions League and NO team in the Prem -- or probably even the Championship would have a look at him. It's good to remember that the majority of teams who begin the Champions League tourney couldn't survive in in any quality league.

And speaking of support, as a friend and fellow Texan Fulham supporter pointed out, we don't need a striker who has to have the ball delivered to his feet. We need a striker who will forage and run and pressure and make space for himself. I don't think we will have that in Kostas. 
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

St Eve

Clearly after 30 minutes he is useless and we should dump him! Mind blowing

HatterDon

Quote from: St Eve on February 24, 2014, 02:43:26 AM

QuoteI do believe that Felix will get the best out of the squad, but I think he's here much too late to keep us up. The fact that I'm so wrong about so many thing so much of the time does give me a little hope.

We'll see if Mitro is Giroud or if he's Pogrebnyak.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

St Eve

Quote from: HatterDon on February 24, 2014, 02:48:48 AM
Quote from: St Eve on February 24, 2014, 02:43:26 AM

QuoteI do believe that Felix will get the best out of the squad, but I think he's .here much too late to keep us up. The fact that I'm so wrong about so many thing so much of the time does give me a little hope.
agreed, but I will need more than 30 minutes
We'll see if Mitro is Giroud or if he's Pogrebnyak.

nose

I actually went to the game so I can tell yuo my honest opinion Rgarding  the 'whole' headline post I pretty much agree with everything, a few details I could contest here and there but more or less as i saw it.
BUT (there is always a but)
I do think you may have been a little harsh on the new boy.
I d say 'may' because 30 minutes is hardly enough to be sure what happened.

IMO he was either carrying an injury, in which case he shouldn't have come on, or is remarkably lazy. This was a debut for a team in deep trouble so as a minimum I would have expected tons of effort in the way holtby and tunnycliffe worked their socks off from the first minute they were included. Mitro just didn't put in any effort and the question is why? From our excellent vantage point it was clear mitro was not moving, not pressing their players, generally just not joining in. I am advised he  had about four meaningful touches I can recall only three, the first the handball, which he should have easily been able to win fairly, the second two touches were good link up play but he didn't do anything after laying off the ball, like getting forward or supporting the player in possession. The fourth touch as I say i can't recall at all so no comment and it can't have been that worthwhile or i would have remembered.

I purchased my ticket for the game after liverpool and before felix was appointed, i was certain we were going to win at wba, I thought rene had cracked it and turned the corner. I do think such a late change of manager, no matter how good or experienced is the higher risk strategy.... mitroglou is also a worry, if he was injured then bent should have been on the bench, if that is typical of what we can expect to see then bent should have been on the bench. I am not doubting his ability but his effort and in a dog fight you need 11 players giving everything for the cause... in that respect every other player, good or bad, certainly did that.