watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Felix is "satisfied" with the point

Started by Blanco, February 22, 2014, 06:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blanco

Are we satisfied with how the team played? I wouldn't say I was angry but I'm not exactly satisfied.

Here's his post match interview: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26202590

DUKE

It kind of makes sense. We would get more points from teams that have nothing to play for i.e Hull, Newcastle, Villa etc. than those fighting for their life. That's why he sees this as a good point. Away to relegation candidate.

DUKE

He seems to be very happy with Sidwell. HE says: ' for me the captain was the best'.

Pluto

Quote from: DUKE on February 22, 2014, 07:09:21 PM
He seems to be very happy with Sidwell. HE says: ' for me the captain was the best'.

I'm pretty sure  Hangeland was captain today

ChesterTheTabby

He needed to put Kvist in for Parker rather than Burn for Richardson, however, I stand by the new Gaffer who has already gotten us a positive result in his first game in charge in a league he has never been in. Magath is the right man for the job this late in the game if anyone.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Lighthouse

The result would have been taken before the kick off. But the problem we had was the problem we have had for most of the season, We didn't turn up for the second half. Our manager was right in what he said but for Gods sake this has to end soon. We just throw away chances and then defend too deep in the latter stages of games. So defenders make mistakes and keepers make mistakes.

I am fed up because we are like a rerun of a poor soap opera. Still in the last three games we have two points. We are hanging in there but only just.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: maoconnor on February 22, 2014, 07:52:40 PM
He needed to put Kvist in for Parker rather than Burn for Richardson, however, I stand by the new Gaffer who has already gotten us a positive result in his first game in charge in a league he has never been in. Magath is the right man for the job this late in the game if anyone.

Did not quite get his substitutions other than taking Amorbietta off !  Then again, didn't get his first team either.

leonffc

Not satisfied tbh. I couldn't work out what our tactics were. We didn't commit numbers when attacking but hardly looked organised in defence.
Parker and Hangeland were lucky to get their places back and their ball retention was abysmal. Kist and Burn need to be back for me.  Amoriebetta was woeful!

Sidwell and Holtby were stand out. Rodellega was well up for it and always encouraging the crowd.

Andy S

Sorry but I'm not satisfied with that. I feel it would have been three points had the team have been unchanged. But hey ho we will be going down as there is nothing that suggests otherwise to me. All clubs get a lift from a new manager. What happened?

..FOF..

I can't complain.

He is a Manager, not Magician.

1 game to look at the players' potential.

2nd game to cut those not up to expectation and slot in their respective replacement.

Hopefully the real "magic" begins from the 3rd game onwards.

Other manager have about a couple of months to get this sorted out, Felix have only a couple of weeks.

Burt

Before the game I would have taken a point but to drop two points so close to the final whistle was a blow. We need to close these games out. That's three points in the last two games we have dropped at the death. We can't afford to do that.

Max Headroom

We are getting there bit by bit. A loss could have been fatal. He will have learnt a lot about his players. Good for mitroglou to get some game time

westcliff white

glad he was happy, I thought it was 2 points lost personally.
Every day is a Fulham day

TonyGilroy

That's three games in a row that we've been leading half way through the second half and let it slip. That needs to be worked on but we must be doing something right.

It's not the team I'd have picked but for now I assume that Magath knows far more than me. He'll have learned from that game and will have lessons to impart.

I really can't see us staying up though. Mitroglou looks far from ready and the players we can best rely on can't last 90 minutes which, of course, means we can't really rely on them. Amorbieta was an enforced change. Without that maybe Kasami or Kvist would have replaced Parker.

Twig

Quote from: Max Headroom on February 23, 2014, 08:00:50 AM
We are getting there bit by bit. A loss could have been fatal. He will have learnt a lot about his players. Good for mitroglou to get some game time

In my view we are not getting there bit by bit.  I saw the team selection as a retrograde step and I thought our second half substitutions were unfathomable.

westcliff white

Quote from: Twig on February 23, 2014, 09:07:07 AM
Quote from: Max Headroom on February 23, 2014, 08:00:50 AM

In my view we are not getting there bit by bit.  I saw the team selection as a retrograde step and I thought our second half substitutions were unfathomable.
:plus one:
Every day is a Fulham day

JackyFulham90

It was a decent result, worse result for West Brom than us, very poor 2nd half performance though, play like that we will go down but play like we did in the 1st half we have a chance

leonffc

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on February 23, 2014, 09:34:38 AM
It was a decent result, worse result for West Brom than us, very poor 2nd half performance though, play like that we will go down but play like we did in the 1st half we have a chance

Really? I thought we were marginally better than an awful WBA side first half. Being marginally better than shite doesn't guarantee safety!!

callumc513

Quote from: leonffc on February 23, 2014, 05:58:28 PM
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on February 23, 2014, 09:34:38 AM

Really? I thought we were marginally better than an awful WBA side first half. Being marginally better than shite doesn't guarantee safety!!

It does if 3 teams below us are shite (;