watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post game Holtby

Started by leonffc, February 23, 2014, 01:11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonffc

I had a McD's after the game and strolled past the ground on the way back to the Vine to get my car and the players coach was outside. I don't know what went on before I got there but when I walked past all the players were on the bus and Holtby was outside posing for photos, signing autographs, chatting with fans. This guy is on loan!!
Fair play to him. He is busting a gut on the field, doing his bit off it. Showing more heart than a lot of our contracted players. The guy is to be loved!!

Sgt Fulham

Yeah, he comes across as a very likable guy, and a good footballer to boot. Hope he continues his great progress and has a bright future.

tonynorton

I work in the building he lives in central london and he is a really realky nice bloke.

alfie

Quote from: leonffc on February 23, 2014, 01:11:00 AM
I had a McD's after the game and strolled past the ground on the way back to the Vine to get my car and the players coach was outside. I don't know what went on before I got there but when I walked past all the players were on the bus and Holtby was outside posing for photos, signing autographs, chatting with fans. This guy is on loan!!
Fair play to him. He is busting a gut on the field, doing his bit off it. Showing more heart than a lot of our contracted players. The guy is to be loved!!

How can you say he is showing more heart than a lot of our contracted players after saying you don't know what went on before you got there, everyone of those players on the coach may well have been doing the same thing before you got there.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

leonffc

That's exactly why I said it. I didn't want to paint a picture that I didn't know.
I DO know for a fact that he is showing heart on the pitch, more than some given his position in the club (some people don't like loan signings as they don't need to try).
I don't know what went on before, and I was keen to highlight that. But what I DO know is that a loan signing was absolutely brilliant in engaging with some young fans outside the ground. I was trying to give the guy credit for his attitude, and credit where due, especially where some players can't even applaud the Hammersmith when they trudge off.

It was a pro Holtby post, not really an anti staff post but people can read it how they like, as you have done. I was hoping some people that had been outside before me would input some insight on it.

FPT

If the situation doesn't change at Spurs, and I don't think it will. Should we stay up, I could see him staying permanently. During the January transfer window, I did see that Dortmund were "put off by Spurs €8m price tag", to me, that's a bargain and someone we could build a team around.

Comes across as a nice, genuine guy that only wants to play football. If we keep singing his name and making him feel loved, I'm sure he will like the idea of being here if it comes up.

At the end of the day, next season, I can still see Spurs having Dembele, Paulinho, Sandro, Lennon, Chadli, Sigurdsson, Bentaleb and Townsend. Unless they sell one of those, I can't see Holtby having a real spot in the position he wants to play, behind the striker. If we stay up, I do believe a permanent deal on the cards.

RidgeRider

going just on what he has done since he has been here, he is exactly the creative midfield player we have been asking management to buy for the squad since Murphy was in his penultimate season with us. We'd be silly not to buy him if we could get him at that price based on what he has brought to the squad so far. Of course, needing a player like that also depends on what style and setp Magath wants to play next season, and of course that depends on what league we are in and whether he is still with us.

leonffc

He's bloody small though. Not that that has any bearing on anything but when I saw him darting about between fans I thought he was just an excited kid bless him

Nero

Quote from: leonffc on February 23, 2014, 01:11:00 AM

He was delaying the coach going back to Motspur park for a 5 hour run as they didn't win

alfie

Quote from: leonffc on February 23, 2014, 05:46:31 PM
That's exactly why I said it. I didn't want to paint a picture that I didn't know.
I DO know for a fact that he is showing heart on the pitch, more than some given his position in the club (some people don't like loan signings as they don't need to try).
I don't know what went on before, and I was keen to highlight that. But what I DO know is that a loan signing was absolutely brilliant in engaging with some young fans outside the ground. I was trying to give the guy credit for his attitude, and credit where due, especially where some players can't even applaud the Hammersmith when they trudge off.

It was a pro Holtby post, not really an anti staff post but people can read it how they like, as you have done. I was hoping some people that had been outside before me would input some insight on it.

fair enough.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

YankeeJim

Quote from: leonffc on February 23, 2014, 06:12:29 PM
He's bloody small though. Not that that has any bearing on anything but when I saw him darting about between fans I thought he was just an excited kid bless him

I believe that Murphy was often referred to as the smurf. Hardly a big bloke himself. He managed to play a bit of football, didn't he?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

leonffc

Quote from: YankeeJim on February 23, 2014, 08:01:17 PM
Quote from: leonffc on February 23, 2014, 06:12:29 PM

I believe that Murphy was often referred to as the smurf. Hardly a big bloke himself. He managed to play a bit of football, didn't he?

So do Xavi and Iniesta. And Messi. I'm not criticising, it was just an observation, I always thought he was bigger, that's all.
Anyway, what he lacks in stature he makes up for with the size of his heart

Julius Geezer

Funny you should say that.

Considering his size, he won a fair amount of headers on Saturday  - top player!