watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team Selection Yesteday

Started by davew, February 23, 2014, 07:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

I was out all day and managed to avoid hearing the result and watched the highlights on Football First. I was dismayed by the team and bench selections and my immediate thought was that we were going to lose again. It looks like 1 step forward and another 6 back, fortunately thanks to our keeper and a very poor WBA team we scraped a point but I saw nothing to make me feel confident that we will manage many more points this season. As for our new record signing, maybe a good player when fit, but really bad business by the club to invest that amount of money so late in the season, if we do get relegated he won't be playing for us in the Championship! I felt sorry for Holtby who had looked like a shining light and maybe saviour until yesterday, but I think that was his worst game for us, perhaps he was perturbed by the team selection especially up front!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Bedford White

Harsh to judge the Greek on his first 1st outing, but I do agree with your comment regarding his cost. Hull City bought Jelavic and Long for about the same cost, five games = 5 goals

Hopefully our Manager is a fast learner and he'll see that Rene's more recent league team selections were the best option.

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

JackyFulham90

Give Mitraglou a chance!! He has played 30 minutes hopefully he will start against Chelsea next week

nose

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on February 23, 2014, 10:34:52 AM
Give Mitraglou a chance!! He has played 30 minutes hopefully he will start against Chelsea next week

unfortunately he barely left the center circle... unless his legs start moving we will never know if he is able to play

General

What worried me is magath obviously was finding his feet and didn't know his best back line.. Would've saved us a lot if he had started with burn and riise. Would have given us the flexibility to put in kvist.

Sadly, i think we would have won that game under Rene.

JackyFulham90

Quote from: General on February 23, 2014, 10:56:22 AM
What worried me is magath obviously was finding his feet and didn't know his best back line.. Would've saved us a lot if he had started with burn and riise. Would have given us the flexibility to put in kvist.

Sadly, i think we would have won that game under Rene.

If Rene was in charge Dejagah would not have featured

PokerMatt

So people genuinely think we've bought a player who is disabled and can't run?

I'm so sick of the Mitroglou criticism. Even arsenal fans give their players longer to impress. Some people are a disgrace. Give him a [insert swear word here] chance.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

nose

Quote from: PokerMatt on February 23, 2014, 11:10:21 AM

I'm so sick of the Mitroglou criticism. Even arsenal fans give their players longer to impress. Some people are a disgrace. Give him a [insert swear word here] chance.

no it wasn't he can't run, he didn't run, he barely moved...... now there can only be two reasons, one is he is still injured and from the cycle shorts he was weraing under his club shorts I suslpect that was the case, and the alternative thought is he doesn't want to put in the effort.
I don't know if you went to the game but I did and off the ball there was zero effort from mitroglu, hugo at least really really tried hard.
now we arein a dog fight and spent a shed load on this guy so most of us expected to see a player hit the ground running, pumpped up for the fight and trying to prove himself.....   that didn't happen yesterday, so what was the reason for so few calories being expended.
for the same price long and jelavitch have scored 5 times,

i think we are entitled to ask what is going on.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: nose on February 23, 2014, 12:12:16 PM
Quote from: PokerMatt on February 23, 2014, 11:10:21 AM

no it wasn't he can't run, he didn't run, he barely moved...... now there can only be two reasons, one is he is still injured and from the cycle shorts he was weraing under his club shorts I suslpect that was the case, and the alternative thought is he doesn't want to put in the effort.
I don't know if you went to the game but I did and off the ball there was zero effort from mitroglu, hugo at least really really tried hard.
now we arein a dog fight and spent a shed load on this guy so most of us expected to see a player hit the ground running, pumpped up for the fight and trying to prove himself.....   that didn't happen yesterday, so what was the reason for so few calories being expended.
for the same price long and jelavitch have scored 5 times,

i think we are entitled to ask what is going on.

The gallery yesterday were baying for Costas to come on, we got what we wanted, and now you are not happy with what you saw.
The reality is,  it was his 1st game and as I like to enunciate the positives............he has really excellent core strength and will not be bullied off the ball,  once he gets going

Perhaps Felix told him not to  go forth and multiply,  but to hold on to what we had ??? 064.gif

Lighthouse

We have a history of spending big money on players who turn out to be no good at all. But far too early to make a decison yet. I would have liked to see Kvist on for Parker and kept Rodders on a bit longer because he looked ok when he was on and did find space.

We seemed to change the formation and brought on the subs to help that. As we now know we didn't touch the ball in the second half so I applaud the manager trying to change things but it didn't work and once Richardson went off our chances of relieving the pressure with break aways ended with only Dejagah left as a get out.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

epsomraver

In the three games he has played for the club he scored two wonder goals because he got a chance, the second game he got little if any service and wandered about like a spare one at a wedding, yesterday was the same, he has to stay up to keep two defenders back with him, at last we have a manager who understands 10 behind the ball does not work, watch Arsenal yesterday, always men up field to latch on to the clearance, no good clearing straight to the opposition.