watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Sidwell/Parker combo

Started by JackyFulham90, February 23, 2014, 10:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

I actually thought they both broke up play well yesterday but Parker especially tired in the last 20 that's when Kvist should have been brought on.
I'm not saying I want these 2 to play together as I would like to see Kvist in the middle for us but if Magath goes with Sidwell & Parker that is fine but they can't last the 90 & until he realises that we will carry on conceding late goal.

One Martin Thomas

If we had a rock solid defence (big IF), I don't think we need two players like that in our team.  The attack is also left with no support and a lot of our forward play drifts into nothing. 

I like Parker, but I can't say he did any better than "ok" yesterday.  Around Xmas, he was our best player.  Defo' lost form for me.

Sorry Jackie... nearly always agree with what you say.

JackyFulham90

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on February 23, 2014, 10:21:30 AM
If we had a rock solid defence (big IF), I don't think we need two players like that in our team.  The attack is also left with no support and a lot of our forward play drifts into nothing.  

I like Parker, but I can't say he did any better than "ok" yesterday.  Around Xmas, he was our best player.  Defo' lost form for me.

I'm with everyone else I think Kvist is a must, but if we are to play Sidwell & Parker, Parker needs replacing early in the 2nd half as he really does run out of legs leaving gaps between midfield & defence

fulhamben

And here in lies a problem. Too many times this season we have had to waste sub's changing players that you know cant last the 90. Its not just Parker but kara Richardson amborieta too. In some games you can already see what sub's will need to be made even before the game kicks off. So buy persisting with this you limit the actual game changing sub's you can actually make. I've never known a season where we have had to make so many defensive minded sub's. Its part of the reason we get pinned back as our offensive players run their socks and no replacement can be made to take the pressure off of us.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

epsomraver

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on February 23, 2014, 10:24:24 AM
Quote from: One Martin Thomas on February 23, 2014, 10:21:30 AM
If we had a rock solid defence (big IF), I don't think we need two players like that in our team.  The attack is also left with no support and a lot of our forward play drifts into nothing.  

I like Parker, but I can't say he did any better than "ok" yesterday.  Around Xmas, he was our best player.  Defo' lost form for me.

I'm with everyone else I think Kvist is a must, but if we are to play Sidwell & Parker, Parker needs replacing early in the 2nd half as he really does run out of legs leaving gaps between midfield & defence

then we bring Dempsey on?  086.gif

JackyFulham90