watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Magath= Relegation????

Started by nose, February 23, 2014, 10:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

There is absolutely no doubt the insane tactics and bizarre substitutions of the 2nd half cost us two and nearly three points.
if magath plans to try and defend a 1 0 lead for over 45 minutes (assuming we get ahead) then we are certainly doomed and may as well pack in the fight now.
bringing on burn and moving heitinga to right back was as daft as it gets. even the overexcited youngsters all around us spotted that
and the greek for hugo? what was that supposed to achieve. hugo isn't brilliant but was working very hard, mitroglou is either very unfit or hopeless, worse potentially than ruiz and marlet.  he closed down nobody, chased nothing and seemed deternmined never to leave the center circle.

i feel sure that with a different half time team talk we could have comfortably picked up three points
it wasn't a goalkeeper error that cost us it was the idea you can sit back for 45 minutes that was suicidal......

the first half was excellent, similar to a roy team...... but the second half oh dear me......  i am not saying we have the wrong man but i didn't like what i saw, i am not saying the greek is no good, but why was he on the pitch if unfit, and if he was fit then why was he so ineffective and lacking in effort

oh and i was at the game..... and have had to wait till now to calm myself down from the disapointment of suicidaly throwing away two very valuable points.

last parker shouldn't play again for us, his foul that led to the goal was stupid, it was as if he had never been a quality player, no brains and unnecesary to comit the foul in such a position so late. kvist is far more sensible as a choice.

JackyFulham90

Yes it was a poor 2nd half but it's a solid away point in his 1st game, not a bad start for Magath

nose

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on February 23, 2014, 10:59:24 AM
Yes it was a poor 2nd half but it's a solid away point in his 1st game, not a bad start for Magath

i hope you right.... but the second half was suicide, did you go? The subsitutions made us so much worse, we could all see it going wrong and we needed to take the game to them, defend in their half.

PokerMatt

However, it was the best first half I think I've seen all season from us.

I can pick and choose aspects of it too.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Hong Kong Fulham fan

Seems to be a trend of silly tackles that are costing us. As you say, Parker last night, and Sasha tackle against Liverpool.

Fulham Tup North

?...and to be fair the guy has had a week with them.  We will see a very different starting 11 next week.
A point away is not a disaster but we need a good March and to hope those around us all drop points against the teams in the top 8.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

nose

Quote from: PokerMatt on February 23, 2014, 11:02:42 AM

It was an excellent first half. I don't think i was picking and choosing aspects, i was commenting on the whole game and that the second half tactics and substitutions cost us dear. Parker was a liability all game stayed on and a far better kvist was on the bench. The game is 90 minutes, and we only played 45 properly, rene got sacked for less.

Hong Kong Fulham fan

I'm still a little confused as to why Burn didn't start, as well as Kvist.
Burn has been superb since coming into the team.

Let's hope Magath picks a stronger team against the conchelski.

nose

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on February 23, 2014, 11:07:00 AM
?...and to be fair the guy has had a week with them.  We will see a very different starting 11 next week.
A point away is not a disaster but we need a good March and to hope those around us all drop points against the teams in the top 8.
COYW

this man has been brought in a mr fixit, the errors he made were very worrying. if we beat chelsea I will be happy, but this was two points thrown away unnecesarilly. a week was easilly long enough not to make those mistakes, he must have known the greek was either unfit or not willing to work hard.

I hated jol from the first minute, this one, I am prepared to wait for a while and see how it pans out, it is a very unusual starting point, but worried is what i am.

nose

Quote from: Hong Kong Fulham fan on February 23, 2014, 11:10:27 AM
I'm still a little confused as to why Burn didn't start, as well as Kvist.
Burn has been superb since coming into the team.

Let's hope Magath picks a stronger team against the conchelski.

i though hanger and heitinga was good, brede distribution was not good though

PokerMatt

Quote from: nose on February 23, 2014, 11:07:50 AM

It was an excellent first half. I don't think i was picking and choosing aspects, i was commenting on the whole game and that the second half tactics and substitutions cost us dear. Parker was a liability all game stayed on and a far better kvist was on the bench. The game is 90 minutes, and we only played 45 properly, rene got sacked for less.

I agree the XI could have been better. But remember Rene had shut out dejagah and we wouldn't have scored our goal without him.

It's been a theme all season we play terribly after half time and it has to be a fitness issue that magath is working on but we won't see instant improvement. I fully expect the XI next game to last longer and then longer again.

Magath is smart. He'll see what worked and what didn't and improve next game. He needed to see for himself how the players do in a game.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

ffc73

The substitutions were baffling

The combination of aged legs and not fit enough players have cost us throughout this season.

The Parker foul that led to the goal yesterday was still preventable.  Look at it and see how many red shirts, between the ball and the goal, 'switched off'.  Lack of oxygen to the brain causing delayed reactions is a result of being unfit.

Reither was limping before Richardson was taken off.  Richardson off again.  Why?  Is he carrying an injury? 

With Parker, Holtby and Dejagah fading and the Greek clearly not match fit we were unable to play with the same energy as we had in the first half.

If we had picked Riise to start and left Hugo on we would not have wasted two substitutions and could have done something about adding fresh legs in the last 20-minutes.

nose

Quote from: PokerMatt on February 23, 2014, 11:14:16 AM
Quote from: nose on February 23, 2014, 11:07:50 AM

I agree the XI could have been better. But remember Rene had shut out dejagah and we wouldn't have scored our goal without him.

It's been a theme all season we play terribly after half time and it has to be a fitness issue that magath is working on but we won't see instant improvement. I fully expect the XI next game to last longer and then longer again.

Magath is smart. He'll see what worked and what didn't and improve next game. He needed to see for himself how the players do in a game.

i hope you are right and the optimistic part of my brain says the same as you, but we really don't have long left, and every missed opportunity becomes more relevant.

nose

Quote from: FFC73 on February 23, 2014, 11:17:56 AM

The combination of aged legs and not fit enough players have cost us throughout this season.

The Parker foul that led to the goal yesterday was still preventable.  Look at it and see how many red shirts, between the ball and the goal, 'switched off'.  Lack of oxygen to the brain causing delayed reactions is a result of being unfit.

Reither was limping before Richardson was taken off.  Richardson off again.  Why?  Is he carrying an injury? 

With Parker, Holtby and Dejagah fading and the Greek clearly not match fit we were unable to play with the same energy as we had in the first half.

If we had picked Riise to start and left Hugo on we would not have wasted two substitutions and could have done something about adding fresh legs in the last 20-minutes.

i agree with your last two sentences, but at least he recognised just how poor amore actually is!

jarv

Magath or no Magath, I still think we are doomed. Agree, good first half, much more pressing for the ball. I thought the team looked tired second half and individuals were weak because we had too many getting brushed aside in 50/50 situations.

So, if magath implements his fitness regime, how long will that take? Will dads army be able to get up to speed? The over 30s will probably continue to struggle late in the game.

At half time yesterday, I was feeling quite optimistic and then the Albion took over. How will we compete with Chelsea and Mancity. Everton took the game to Chelsea yesterday and were good value for a point but Chelsea just kept going and going. 90+ minute goal.

All the lads can do is try which I am sure they will. 049:gif

H4usuallysitting

I think we will stay up, our luck is beginning to turn - I have faith in Magath, he's got them up at MP today beating them with a shovel

nose

Quote from: jarv on February 23, 2014, 12:06:08 PM
Magath or no Magath, I still think we are doomed. Agree, good first half, much more pressing for the ball. I thought the team looked tired second half and individuals were weak because we had too many getting brushed aside in 50/50 situations.

So, if magath implements his fitness regime, how long will that take? Will dads army be able to get up to speed? The over 30s will probably continue to struggle late in the game.

At half time yesterday, I was feeling quite optimistic and then the Albion took over. How will we compete with Chelsea and Mancity. Everton took the game to Chelsea yesterday and were good value for a point but Chelsea just kept going and going. 90+ minute goal.

All the lads can do is try which I am sure they will. 049:gif

do you not think magath's comments before the match in the video press conference were telling. we must learn to win 1 0 (or similar) the fans may not like the style but we need to win.
At 1 0 we came out and sat back, clearly they upped their tempo but we actually changed to a more cautious style, what was so good in the first half was actully took the game to them, we just surrendered. and leaving parker on because he is experienced is maddness. I am experienced but recognise younger players are more effective, kvist was needed and holtby should never have been switched to wide left, he was far more dangerous when playing centrally.

JackyFulham90

Quote from: nose on February 23, 2014, 11:02:20 AM
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on February 23, 2014, 10:59:24 AM

i hope you right.... but the second half was suicide, did you go? The subsitutions made us so much worse, we could all see it going wrong and we needed to take the game to them, defend in their half.

Yes I was there, we were brilliant in the 1st half, 2nd half was pretty poor but still a decent result. Moving Heitinga to Right back was a strange decision

JBH

1 game and some of you are on his back already give it a rest will you it make you look idiotic  fp.gif

epsomraver

Quote from: nose on February 23, 2014, 11:47:07 AM
Quote from: FFC73 on February 23, 2014, 11:17:56 AM

The Parker foul that led to the goal yesterday was still preventable.  Look at it and see how many red shirts, between the ball and the goal, 'switched off'.  Lack of oxygen to the brain causing delayed reactions is a result of being unfit.

Reither was limping before Richardson was taken off.  Richardson off again.  Why?  Is he carrying an injury? 

i agree with your last two sentences, but at least he recognised just how poor amore actually is!

I agree also, this points to the fact that he picked the team on past reputation and not what he had seen in training! FFS Felix, sit down and watch a few of our past games to see who is the best team!