Main Menu

England Euro 2016 qualifying group

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, February 23, 2014, 12:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby Ward-Smith

ENGLAND, Switzerland, Slovenia, San Marino, Lithuania and Estonia 

Thoughts?

DukeTyrion

With 24 teams qualifying down to 3rd place, it feels like a bit of a non-event ...

nose

i think i have enough trouble with fulham to worry about a really underachieving team like england
but the group you suggest may be harder than you think. other than san marino the others can all play a bit on their day.

Tempest

goals goals and more goals. win every game, easily, home and away. Not much interest for me.
Live in Falmouth!

jarv

Nose is right. There are a few teams in there which can cause problems. I couldn't care less about England. Still living in 1966 and it will never happen again.

Rhys Lightning 63

Loving Wales' group. If we can take 4 points off Israel, we will most certainly finish 3rd. Hopefully go through straight away, but wouldn't mind a playoff depending on who else is in
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Legate21

This is crying out for the old guard to be completely removed. What better opportunity for the younger lads to be brought in

Holders

Quote from: nose on February 23, 2014, 12:05:42 PM
i think i have enough trouble with fulham to worry about a really underachieving team like england
but the group you suggest may be harder than you think. other than san marino the others can all play a bit on their day.

I seem to recall that, when England needed to beat them by something like 10 clear goals to qualify under Graham Taylor, San Marino scored what was at the time the fastest international goal - after about 21 seconds, I believe.

England's performance that day was dire.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Burt

Apart from Switzerland, it should (SHOULD) be a walk in the park.

However, this is England, so it will turn in to the usual slog through acres of mud  :dft011:

Blanco

We'll definitely go through. No worries. Best team in the group and 1st and 2nd go through with 3rd going to playoffs. Stupid system really. I prefer the old 24 team system. I suppose it gives the"lower level" countries a chance.

Nero

See with Roy as manager with his friends at UFEA we get an easy group now days

Wingnut

I'd recommend a trip to Tallinn. Nice city to visit for a few days. Their stadium is disgracefully small for international games though.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Admin

Couldn't care less, I have enough worries with Fulham right now.

FPT

Absolute piss. Only game to worry about is Switzerland; but even then we should still beat them.

nixie-ffc

england to win euro 2016 15/1

germany is favourite to win it 4/1

YankeeJim

I think you should worry. Senderos will have Rooney in his pocket.   :Get Coat gif:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

David Allen Crankshaw

Quote from: Wingnut on February 23, 2014, 07:01:15 PM
I'd recommend a trip to Tallinn. Nice city to visit for a few days. Their stadium is disgracefully small for international games though.

Having spent four days there a few years ago I fully agree.