more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who was our captain yesterday?

Started by General, February 23, 2014, 01:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baszab

There is no answer to the "who is a better supporter?"  debate ----

however those that actually fork out for a season ticket and even go to away games are certainly more  COMMITTED than those who don't (or can't go - for whatever reason) and must therefore have more feel for the actual game that took place/how the players reacted/supporters behaved etc etc

PokerMatt

Quote from: Baszab on February 24, 2014, 10:31:19 AM
There is no answer to the "who is a better supporter?"  debate ----

however those that actually fork out for a season ticket and even go to away games are certainly more  COMMITTED than those who don't (or can't go - for whatever reason) and must therefore have more feel for the actual game that took place/how the players reacted/supporters behaved etc etc

I resent being called less committed.

I've not had a season ticket since 09. Firstly I can't afford one as I can barely pay living expenses as it is, and secondly I work weekends and evenings which means even if I had the money I can very rarely get to games.

I love Fulham as much as anyone on here. I'd love to go more but I can't and I don't think that makes my opinion or feelings for the club any less valid.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Baszab

Not attacking you personally !! - Committed as actually going - not committed in depth of love for FFC !

Pluto

Guys come on now we're still sat here on a fan board arguing about Parker's performance from several days ago...... I think we can safely say we're all committed!!

Baszab

I still feel quite strongly that those who actually went to a game can have more of a feel for certain aspects - e.g. whether Mitro put in a shift/ whether Riether was constantly out of position etc etc  -
these opinions are less easily formed from TV screens - and therefore attendees may (not will) have a more valid point to make -- this is not a criticism of someone's commitment to support just because they can't/didn't go the game

Grimson

Some stats:
Hangeland completed 78% (18/23) of his passes. Team avg. of completed passes 68%. Heitinga had 58% (11/19).

Looks to me that Hangeland had ok distribution. 

!! Overall we completed 26% (15/57) of long passes. Thats just poor.  Sadly this is similar to a lot of our other matches this year. I believe some of our problem lies there. I miss Murphy.

General

Quote from: Grimson on February 24, 2014, 03:04:28 PM
Some stats:
Hangeland completed 78% (18/23) of his passes. Team avg. of completed passes 68%. Heitinga had 58% (11/19).

Looks to me that Hangeland had ok distribution. 

!! Overall we completed 26% (15/57) of long passes. Thats just poor.  Sadly this is similar to a lot of our other matches this year. I believe some of our problem lies there. I miss Murphy.

Thanks for that  - I suppose the only problem with these if we're being pinikity is what type of situations those balls that weren't completed were passed under. For instance was Heitinga making last minute clearences?

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Pluto link=topic=  I think we can safely say we're all committed!!
/quote] ..... or at least should be! !!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

NogoodBoyo

I watched the game on a 422.5" flat plasmastic screen and I say Hangeland done ok in the distribution and the defence except for one schoolboy slice, Burn looked a bit wobbly when he came on, Heitinger looked great, Amorabieta was out of position like a shrunken private, Reither was good  BUT (but me no buts again you twig of shredded wheat) we have a major problem in that our six defenders held an offside line that was as straight as a row of Glaswegian teeth!
Continue with that and we're going down quicker than a Bernard Mathews gobbler.
Nogood "saying you can't see that from your wet, drafty behind the goal stands but that's still the prime seats for true fanatics, isit" Boyo

Julius Geezer

Read what I wrote.

That's the truth.

I was there!

alfie

Quote from: epsomraver on February 24, 2014, 09:17:37 AM
Quote from: RaySmith on February 24, 2014, 08:34:40 AM
Personally, I find I can form a better impression of performances from watching a stream than being there - what with the passion of being caught up in the game, and, away, often not having a very good view - especially being behind a goal, when you can't see what happens up the other end very well.

I think Parker played well on Saturday, from watching a stream. Yes, he made some errors, as they all did, but did a lot of good work tackling and blocking, and going forward in the first half.

He always gives everything, which I'm sure makes Magath keen on him, though I'm sure Kwist will also feature strongly.

Sorry but I don't agree with you there,  the camera only follows the ball, you cannot watch the game as a whole and give opinions on off the ball running, weather conditions etc, I am not saying as many seem to think that your opinion is not valued if you are not there but I would value more highly someone who was at the game and had a good view, not always possible at away matches as they stick the away fans in the corners, but on the whole I like to hear from people who attended the game, we have even had posts of " didn't see the game but I heard Hangleland was rubbish" !

I agree with a lot of what you say here Mr E, but I have 2 conflicting reports from 2 different people who were there, 1 says Parker was rubbish the other said he played well, sometimes it just gets a little boring with someone who keeps saying he is correct because he was there.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Baszab

I don't know why Hodgson and other managers bother to go to games to assess players  - they should just stay at home and watch them on TV