watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who was our captain yesterday?

Started by General, February 23, 2014, 01:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Magath says in this interview - http://www.teamtalk.com/fulham/9180057/Premier-League-Felix-Magath-satisfied-after-Fulham-draw-at-West-Brom

That he thought our captain was our best player - who was this? I've lost track of who our captain is/was etc..

Was it a reference to Hangeland or Parker? (I hope not I didn't and don't think they are the answers for us)...

Who was it, anyone know?

reepin

JackyFulham90

Brede & Parker both had good games but Hangeland has to be better with his passing it's been terrible all season

ross_bamping

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on February 23, 2014, 04:03:27 PM
Brede & Parker both had good games but Hangeland has to be better with his passing it's been terrible all season

No they weren't. Both were awful, and should be no where near the first team now.
Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.

ross_bamping

I don't know what Magath is on about. Hangeland and Parker were rubbish. Sidwell should be captain, and Burn and Kvist should replace the OAPs.
Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.

Pluto

Even though yesterday was one of their better games, both Brede and Parker were poor. Kvist and Burn offer a lot more.

JackyFulham90

I also I agree Kvist & Burn were harshly dropped but Parker made a lot of last ditch tackles & Hangeland was solid although his passing was poor

ross_bamping

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on February 23, 2014, 05:07:22 PM
I also I agree Kvist & Burn were harshly dropped but Parker made a lot of last ditch tackles & Hangeland was solid although his passing was poor

His passing is a joke. He just puts us under pressure consistently. Burn does the simple stuff well, and knows his limits. It's Parker or Sidwell for me, not both. Sidwell all the way.

nose

Quote from: ross_bamping on February 23, 2014, 04:43:12 PM

No they weren't. Both were awful, and should be no where near the first team now.

no, sorry you are both wrong, i was there and the conceus and my opinion also was brede playerd really well but his distribution remains woeful... parker was a libility from KO making a series of suicidal passes, getting caught, schoolboy style, in posseson because he couldn't bear to release the ball and his tackling was just woeful including the unnecesary lunge that was in fact a stupid foul leading to the goal.

this is what we all saw at the hawthorns in the flesh. nobody seemed to deviate from that opinion... others we had mixed views on but that was certainly the consensus.

leonffc

Quote from: nose on February 23, 2014, 06:46:08 PM

no, sorry you are both wrong, i was there and the conceus and my opinion also was brede playerd really well but his distribution remains woeful... parker was a libility from KO making a series of suicidal passes, getting caught, schoolboy style, in posseson because he couldn't bear to release the ball and his tackling was just woeful including the unnecesary lunge that was in fact a stupid foul leading to the goal.

this is what we all saw at the hawthorns in the flesh. nobody seemed to deviate from that opinion... others we had mixed views on but that was certainly the consensus.

Yeah pretty much spot on. I came away thinking both were awful but it was just distribution that let Hangeland down. Parker was below par.

alfie

Well that's the point I guess no one can have an opinion unless you have the   i was there view.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

hovewhite

I watched it after workin all morning and parker gave the ball away he was responsible for there goal and to boot w brom closed him down because he was the weak link.
And probably I got a better view so don't slag people off because they don't have the time because of work that they can't be there ,crettin!

Denver Fulham

Maybe Magath was confused and thought he named Sidwell captain? Neither of the other choices make any sense. Hangeland might have defended well enough, but his distribution is horrible. Parker is old, sloppy and redundant. Provides nothing of great use and fades badly in the final 30 mins.

Julius Geezer

Hangeland played well, bit shaky on the ball first half, few misplaced passes but still didn't do alot wrong overall.

Still don't know whether we should just stick with Burn - he hasn't done alot wrong in any game!

Parker made some errors but again I think he's getting some unfair stick.

Are people forgetting the tough tackling and the amount of times he turned his way out of trouble where he was surrounded by WBA players?

I don't think he had a good outlet a lot of the time - especially the second half - we were defending too deep and there was little off the ball movement.

alfie

Quote from: alfie on February 23, 2014, 07:10:10 PM

Well that's the point I guess no one can have an opinion unless you have the   i was there view.

Just to follow on a bit with this my mate was there as well but he thought Parker played well, so for those of us that were not there who do we believe, Hatterdon posted an excellent article/opinion but of course he was not there does that make his view invalid.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

RaySmith

Personally, I find I can form a better impression of performances from watching a stream than being there - what with the passion of being caught up in the game, and, away, often not having a very good view - especially being behind a goal, when you can't see what happens up the other end very well.

I think Parker played well on Saturday, from watching a stream. Yes, he made some errors, as they all did, but did a lot of good work tackling and blocking, and going forward in the first half.

He always gives everything, which I'm sure makes Magath keen on him, though I'm sure Kwist will also feature strongly.

Haynes

Quote from: leonffc on February 23, 2014, 07:09:36 PM

Yeah pretty much spot on. I came away thinking both were awful but it was just distribution that let Hangeland down. Parker was below par.

Hangeland played better than of late but I think Burn would do better. Agree with the others there that Parker was below par and was surprised that Kvist was drooped.

epsomraver

Quote from: RaySmith on February 24, 2014, 08:34:40 AM
Personally, I find I can form a better impression of performances from watching a stream than being there - what with the passion of being caught up in the game, and, away, often not having a very good view - especially being behind a goal, when you can't see what happens up the other end very well.

I think Parker played well on Saturday, from watching a stream. Yes, he made some errors, as they all did, but did a lot of good work tackling and blocking, and going forward in the first half.

He always gives everything, which I'm sure makes Magath keen on him, though I'm sure Kwist will also feature strongly.

Sorry but I don't agree with you there,  the camera only follows the ball, you cannot watch the game as a whole and give opinions on off the ball running, weather conditions etc, I am not saying as many seem to think that your opinion is not valued if you are not there but I would value more highly someone who was at the game and had a good view, not always possible at away matches as they stick the away fans in the corners, but on the whole I like to hear from people who attended the game, we have even had posts of " didn't see the game but I heard Hangleland was rubbish" !

TonyGilroy

I'm used to watching side on from the Riverside. At West Brom I was behind the goal, further away and with "distractions" around me. I'd certainly have got a better view watching on my computer.

I think from now until the end of the season it's about how we play rather than who plays. If Magath is as good as he should be he'll see where we're lacking and tweak things. Consistency of selection will be part of things.

Three times in a row now we've been leading half way through the second half and let it slip but that's not to say that we deserved to win any of those games. The trick though, I reckon, is to keep more possession later in the game if we're ahead as that's our major failing. West Brom's goal was clearly coming and, the way we were playing, we'd have been lucky to hold out.

The players though gave their all - the attitude was fine.

PokerMatt

I really hate this "woz you even there!?" debate.

The only thing you can see at the game that TV can't is the part of the pitch the game is not being played in. It's not like the camera only looks at the ball and all you can see around it are socks of one player. You see an entire half. You only get the same view if you're sat on half way and even then a tv camera is in the same place and follows what you'll be looking at from your seat.

And that's all you need to see. If we're attacking and you're watching the defence at the other end of the pitch to see if they're making off the ball runs then you're not watching the right thing.

Personally I don't care if someone's been at the game or watched on tele as they both see the same things happening. It's a thinly veiled "I'm a better supporter than you" and nothing more.
Follow me: @mattdjourno