News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fitness or just bad luck & our time for the drop???

Started by Fulham76, February 23, 2014, 01:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham76

The last minute of the home game & last 4 of the away games vs West Brom this season have cost us 4 points. Those 5 minutes could be the difference between us staying up or going down. Add to that the last minute Liverpool goal which cost us another point, plus the other late ones this season.
Is it just our time for the drop or can we hold on to these points with better fitness or concentration?

epsomraver

Last minute Liverpool goal cost us 3 unfortunately

Fulham76

Burt

Generally these things should even themselves out during the course of the season e.g. Bent at Old Trafford.

However in our position we can't afford not to close out games from either a position of getting a point against a top 4 club (Liverpool) or 3 against a fellow relegation scrapper (WBA).

JackyFulham90

We can still stay up but we need a win badly, we have to beat Cardiff

Fernhurst

Quote from: Fulham76 on February 23, 2014, 01:23:07 PM
The last minute of the home game & last 4 of the away games vs West Brom this season have cost us 4 points. Those 5 minutes could be the difference between us staying up or going down. Add to that the last minute Liverpool goal which cost us another point, plus the other late ones this season.
Is it just our time for the drop or can we hold on to these points with better fitness or concentration?

Something I've been mulling over for while... Is it just our turn for the drop?

It's just too much to think we can crack the top 6 so we have bobbed about between 8th and 17th for a dozen seasons.
Blackburn and Bolton (who came up with us in 2001) disappeared a while ago.

We've had our best ever season under Roy and now the wheel has turned and we are experiencing our worst.
With our natural support (minus the tourists and neutrals ??) around 13,000 on a good day maybe we should all swallow hard an prepare ourselves.

A horrible combination of circumstances have conspired ( especially outstandingly poor player and management selection) to put us in pole position for the dreaded.

We taken chances and danced all over the trapdoor before and it is impossible to to make 13th place your own continuously.

Feeling very black after Norwich's result today. 

Beat the Blue Poo next week and rainbows will appear in the sky again.

Whatever happens I will be there against Chelski and in my usual seat v Doncaster next season.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

epsomraver

Quote from: Fulham76 on February 23, 2014, 01:37:11 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on February 23, 2014, 01:26:50 PM

3??? Felt like it but just the 1

How come? we were 2-2 and on a point and Gerrard scored the penalty so we dropped 3 points

Julius Geezer

I hate to say it but I have a feeling we will be looking back on these dropped points at the end of the season saying 'if only we had held on'.

The West Brom game was ours for the taking and we faultered against a poor side.

Still, there's points to be won, there's a new energy around the club - let's crack on and turn this around!

Admin

Fitness isn't an excuse, you make your own luck in life, it's our time for the drop, and I base it on 3 years of refusing to invest into the squad and expecting 33-34 year old players to compete at the highest level.  

Fulham76

Quote from: epsomraver on February 23, 2014, 08:40:51 PM

How come? we were 2-2 and on a point and Gerrard scored the penalty so we dropped 3 points

If it finished 2-2 we get a point but that last minute penalty of theirs took our point away & gave us none = 1 point dropped/lost.

Buffalo76

Maths not your strong point at school?

St Eve

We also dropped a point to Newcastle with 4 minutes to go and a point to Cardiff in injury time

St Eve

Quote from: Buffalo76 on February 23, 2014, 09:07:12 PM

Maths not your strong point at school?
You think!

Fulham76

Quote from: St Eve on February 23, 2014, 09:16:21 PM
We also dropped a point to Newcastle with 4 minutes to go and a point to Cardiff in injury time

Yep, those handful of games is the difference between us sitting bottom or about 13th

nose

all through the season we have thrown points away, under jol, under rene, yesterday.
we have enough talented players to be doing much better BUT we do not have a proper forward line.
IMO, no matter what other shortcomings we have the inability to send the ball forward and have a player to get on the end of it and hold it up has been a disaster.... when bobby Z left we did not replace him with anyone. berba was a great player, no question one of the most gifted I have seem but not what we needed.

You need a player up top that can play with his back to goal and hold up the [lay and bobby was a master at that game, we just do nit have such a player and other than a few world class teams every team needs a player of that type. we lose possesion far to easilly going forward and bent doesn't do that, hugo can't and mitroglu is an unknown commodity. I think that is one of the issues why we concede so may late goals, the ball is whacked up the field, but comes straight back, what we need is a man that can get it and hold it and bring the midfield into play, frustrate the opposition and waste some time, and even pinch the odd sucker punch goal.

Jol was neglectful of this because of berba, rene never got such a player and now felix has to figure out a way to deal with it and i don't think it is going to be that easy.

yesterday brought into focus the problem of not having such a  player